Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hopefully they won't turn Kon-El into the Rebirth version of Superboy-Prime.
    If they were going to subject a character to that treatment, it'd probably be Wally. Making him act as a strawman for the many fans who (rightfully) want the old universe back.

DC shows no sign they're completely undoing everything from the New 52; just adding some older stuff in to the New 52 stuff they're not getting rid of.
    And that's their mistake. There are very, very few good additions/changes which the Nu52 made to the DCU.

They'll bring them back eventually, it's comics, so its enviable. The question is will they be back just to be back, or will they actually have a plan with them and a decent story in mind. I quite frankly can do with out seeing stuff like Bar Torr happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    There's 2 Kid Flashes already
    There's one Kid Flash. There are two Flashes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    There's one Kid Flash. There are two Flashes.
    Four Flashes. Barry Allen, Wally West, Teri Magnus and Avery Ho.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If they were going to subject a character to that treatment, it'd probably be Wally. Making him act as a strawman for the many fans who (rightfully) want the old universe back.

And that's their mistake. There are very, very few good additions/changes which the Nu52 made to the DCU.
    I don't think the fans who want the old universe are necessarily firmly in the right. I agree that the New 52 had plenty of **** attached to some of it, but it did have its fans, and fans of that universe are not necessarily wrong for preferring it.

Anyway, I think they've already ditched the major crappy elements of the New 52. It's not quite there yet, but I think the Rebirth era is a good hodge podge of all the different eras. The pre-Flashpoint universe, as it was, wasn't that great either and I'm not any more eager to return to than than I am the New 52.

That doesn't mean everything from every other era would be back in play, though.
    DC shows no sign they're completely undoing everything from the New 52; just adding some older stuff in to the New 52 stuff they're not getting rid of.
    Indeed. The 90s era that had the JLA, JSA, Titans and Young Justice all active at once still had many characters not getting attention. Barry was dead, Hal had a hatchet job done to him, and Kara Zor-El didn't even get to exist for a lot of it.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 07-29-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hell, I want the pre-CoIE Earth-2 back, but I doubt that will happen.
    I don't necessarily think bringing the "old" post-CoIE universe back would be the best thing to do. Unfortunately, that continuity was a diseased mess by the time we had Infinite Crisis and then One Year Later throwing everything out of whack. Let it go and just add some aspects of its better part(s) to the current version of Earth / the DC universe they've had for a while now.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Bart can easilly co-exist with NuWally, spially a younger Impulse.

Conner, however, we have Kenan along with Jon.... more complicated.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Some folks don't like competition.

Because they want you to like or worship who they want you to like or worship. No longer the case of let the REAL fans decided. It's let take away choices.

Common sense says all four along with other ruined teens and heroes can exist together. But when folsk in charge and even selfish fans don't want that you get the wars of fanbase that you are seeing now.
    its not about competition its about the brand and marketing
    selling little superboy and robin teamup is easier then selling forever connor

I thought NU wally would become impulse but if he's not then why cant bart come back

Bart's advantage is Impulse. With Conner they'll have to try and come up with something and hope it hits.

BANNED

On the YJ show they don't have him as a shiny hero type,like his original version was,how Kenan,and Jon are now.that is what direction they should go.making him a cookie cutter hero won't make him any different than the rest.he came in this world under "different" conditions,so he should be a hero under "different" conditions.dojt retread on the young obnoxious teen hero,he has aged,so why stop.or go back,keep moving forward.

Humans creating their own Superman
    Golden age/age appropriate powers/TTK
    cocky badass with a never stop attitude,and a heart of gold

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    On the YJ show they don't have him as a shiny hero type,like his original version was,how Kenan,and Jon are now.that is what direction they should go.making him a cookie cutter hero won't make him any different than the rest.he came in this world under "different" conditions,so he should be a hero under "different" conditions.dojt retread on the young obnoxious teen hero,he has aged,so why stop.or go back,keep moving forward.

Humans creating their own Superman
    Golden age/age appropriate powers/TTK
    cocky badass with a never stop attitude,and a heart of gold
    Hmm, if they want Conner to age beyond teen hero the best thing for Conner might be to have Dick's generation absorb him. Otherwise he's going to be stuck between Titan and Damian's age.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hmm, if they want Conner to age beyond teen hero the best thing for Conner might be to have Dick's generation absorb him. Otherwise he's going to be stuck between Titan and Damian's age.

How old do you see dick is?

I personally see himself as around 24 to 25 myself

Kon imo should be between 19 and 21

Tim 18-19
    Cassie19-20
    Bart 17-18

Jon is 10
    Damian is 13
    Nu Wally maybe 15

Kons age is perfect between the teens and young adults

There isn't really an in between teen and young adult. Dick's age range is 21-24, and his generation's is 18-24 these days. They are never gonna allow the YJ4 to get too old because it will indirectly age two generation above them. They have been 16-18, high school age, since pretty much forever and i don't see that changing. You want Conner to grow beyond teen hero, and get to that next step, he might have to leave his friends behind. Like with the YJ cartoon (even though that Conner doesn't actually age).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-29-2017 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

Well he started when he was 15,the rest younger than him,and they aged in the books to around 18 by flashpoint.

I can see 19 for Kon,and Tim and bart being 18,while dick is 24.

I don't really see any feet being stepped on with those ages,yeah 21 is pushing it imo also.

I just want them to age ever so slightly(believe me I don't want them to get old,hell not even Titans old),so that their stories have progression and doesnt feel like it's stopped cold or reversing.

Now one idea would be for kon to be released as he was during the reign of the supermen by the newsboys and be a active hero for awhile (pretty much his whole original series and Ravers history).then cadmus gets taken over by the agenda(which is another name for NOWHERE) ,kidnaps Kon,created new 52 superboy aka Match.bart,Cassie,and Tim break into cadmus and find Kon,get him out,and create young Justice.that way you get both the comic and TV show origin in one.add aqualad,Ms martian,blue beetle,and static and YJ rebirth can begin.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 07-30-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    How old do you see dick is?

I personally see himself as around 24 to 25 myself

Kon imo should be between 19 and 21

Tim 18-19
    Cassie19-20
    Bart 17-18

Jon is 10
    Damian is 13
    Nu Wally maybe 15

Kons age is perfect between the teens and young adults
    The according to the most current ages given in the comics, Dick is 21 and Tim is 16. And at least Tim was never older than 17 in any comic in a main continuity/timeline.

But I really hope that they use rebirth to age Dicks generation up to the their mid to late 20s again (they were 26 or 27 pre flashpoint). To give the "middle kids" a little bit more space.