Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    On the YJ show they don't have him as a shiny hero type,like his original version was,how Kenan,and Jon are now.that is what direction they should go.making him a cookie cutter hero won't make him any different than the rest.he came in this world under "different" conditions,so he should be a hero under "different" conditions.dojt retread on the young obnoxious teen hero,he has aged,so why stop.or go back,keep moving forward.
    So, in other words, bring back Kon-El, but don't make him anything like the Kon-El everybody has been repeatedly demanding DC brings back?

Why not ask red-headed Wally West fans how that's going so far since DC Universe: Rebirth from last year?

They'll be brought back eventually. Something nice about the medium, is that a lot of the PTB, are fans too. And fan favorite concepts rarely go away forever in my experience. Take the new 52, how many characters got erased there? And of those characters, how many are still MIA? Ok, there are still a couple, but less with each passing year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The according to the most current ages given in the comics, Dick is 21 and Tim is 16. And at least Tim was never older than 17 in any comic in a main continuity/timeline.

But I really hope that they use rebirth to age Dicks generation up to the their mid to late 20s again (they were 26 or 27 pre flashpoint). To give the "middle kids" a little bit more space.

Yeah I would like them all to get slightly closer to their pre flashpoint ages then.tim I can see younger than Kon,but not 16,and dick at 21 is weird to me,he should be 24 to 26 imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, in other words, bring back Kon-El, but don't make him anything like the Kon-El everybody has been repeatedly demanding DC brings back?

Why not ask red-headed Wally West fans how that's going so far since DC Universe: Rebirth from last year?

No,bring back all the history from kesel starting on adventures of Superman to lemire having Kon sitting with his friends on that water tower in Smallville.then have something happen where Kon would be in a different place,aged up like a year or 2 at most.

He wouldn't be a different person,just doing different things(characters are allowed to do that right?).he would still be created by cadmus,still have both TTK and kryptonian powers(even though they should be toned down to YJ show.levels),and while Geoff and lemire wanted Kon to be more like Clark,I want him to be more like Kon,Kon from his orignal series,just a lil older,and a lil more mature.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: F**K YES! Kon and Bart, as written before Johns got his hands on them, are two of DC's greatest characters.

Even Longer Answer: Kon and Bart, along with Tim and Cassie, have been forced to suffer through bad writers for a long time, but they're still terrific characters who shouldn't be pushed aside. I don't outright hate either Jon or NuWally, and have no desire to seem them killed or anything, but they shouldn't stand in the way of DC bringing back Bart and Kon.

ADDENDUM: At this point in time, the idea of "The next generation taking over" is ridiculous. It's somehow okay for the first three generations and the newest generation to all hang around, but NOT the 90's generation? That makes no sense, and that logic is completely driven by personal bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Only if they bring back the original characterizations of these characters, not Geoff Johns's Teen Titans.
    I'll definitely third this. Bart actually being Bart and Kon actually having his established character ("Superboy with attitude' is not what the character was all about at all). And none of the origin mess (especially that Luthor mess). Keep it simple, clean, and logical.

But not just characterization but the powers as well: The real tactile telekinesis, Kon's signature power, front and center with everything he displayed and not what YJ or TT did with his powers. Bart's abilities that he displayed as Impulse and not Bar-Torr or Flash-lite.

Just actually looking at the characters and their respective universes that they established (they did have long running comic books) and making something that actually resembles the characters in a modern take. Like making a brand new car that's a continuation of the classic car but no six spoilers, neon covering everything, or extras that are not needed.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 07-30-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Thank you!

(Isn't that what Teen Titans did originally with Kon and Bart? *drum rimshot*)

BANNED

The thing is nobody can agree what Kon they want back,is it kesels fun heroic TTK Kon,Geoff's Clark lite,or Weissman's flawed kryptonian?

It sounds nice to say I want "this" one back,but you forget the other kons fans completely.

Kesels was the best DUH,of course he was,but that Kon ended going on the kents,and earlier being a cadmus field agent,both could lead straight into Geoff's or Weissman's kon.

Kon DID have age appropriate powers that he was supposed to get.why couldn't it be the YJ TV shows kons powers?,and why couldn't they show up around the 1st issue of TT?

It's a lot harder to think of how everything works together,and all the different versions of kons fans feel like they are not being left behind,than just going "I want mine,screw all you guys",like some on here have.

Btw I don't want a Wally west exactly like he was before flashpoint,or kon-el,I want the best REBIRTH version that has everybody(or mostly happy

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The more research on the character I do, the more I agree that the original version of Kon seems like fun. I wouldn't mind having that kid back (though I think the Johns/Weisman one has the better costume design). I might pick up the trade that's coming out soon, or at least flip through it in the book store.

The Young Justice generation as a whole leaves me kinda cold personally, though Kon-El seems like the most interesting of the bunch. I just think DC needs to get Dick's generation fixed before they worry about the next one down (and the one below that...).

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Have we seen Superboy Prime in the New 52 yet? Bart randomly popping up with Kon from a future or dimension in which they're holding him would be a cool way to bring them back.

BANNED

Read the 100 issues of the original,it is awesome,then read the Ravers and YJ,yes a lot of all 3 are not up to grand standards,but you will still love the character,and see why we long time Kon fans love the character.

Prime getting out of the Source,and Kon and Bart keeping him locked up away from earth would be nice,but damn I would rather prime not be a over powered psycho

BANNED

They ran Kon and Bart into the ground.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    They ran Kon and Bart into the ground.
    I don't disagree, but I do believe that the problems started way before the New 52 era began.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Kon has always been a bit of mess in regards to both background (ie who created him, what DNA was used, etc) and power set (Varying Levels of Kryptonian Powers and Telekinesis) has made him a mess.

Bart just got bad in the New 52 but I am not as well versed with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't disagree, but I do believe that the problems started way before the New 52 era began.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

That's for damn sure it wasn't just the new 52(even though ppl think it was on here).Joe Kelly was the last writer on kons original series that kept kons essence alive,and moved it forward imo.yes the "super" story arc was serviceable,but it left me blah.then Geoff went the iconic direction,which is great in some ways,but can kill that essence that was the core of the love we had for the character (he did the same to Bart and Grant Emerson). and the new 52 just screwed up in 3 ways,the DNA origin,his cold living weapon personality,and his Marvel like TK.

These things could be fixed and we can get the Kon we deserve

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Kon has always been a bit of mess in regards to both background (ie who created him, what DNA was used, etc) and power set (Varying Levels of Kryptonian Powers and Telekinesis) has made him a mess.

Bart just got bad in the New 52 but I am not as well versed with him.

And those 2 things should be fixed 1st before anything else.

Is he a human super clone,or is he a hybrid,or somewhere in-between.

Does he have golden age levels of kryptonian power or the full amount

Does he stay at tactile TK,or does it move into hand waving TK

Personally I want him to be all human,just made to mimic his powers and also be as like a kryptonian as humanly possible.

I personally don't want him to damn powerful(cause either way he is hella powerful),so

YJ physical powers and keep the tactile TK.that way he needs both,and neither power is top tier superman level without the other.

Titans of tomorrow adult Kon was way to powerful in both physical and TK ways imo,same for the Smallville version.

The sins of youth and black zero versions were a lot a like, but for the insane amount of full TK they gave him during the SoY story,imo it was way to much.

So far black zero is the closest to the one I see as what works perfect for kon.tactile TK,age appropriate powers of heat vision and super hearing.

The YJ levels are important,cause it makes him flawed,same as new 52 kons consciously controlled TTK does that also.they balance each other out,which means he needs them both to be a superman
    Last edited by stephens2177; 07-30-2017 at 07:30 PM.