Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like some things, mostly the moments beetween MJ and Peter in the flashbacks and i think that use Venom's original idea as a bitter was a good move (i vastly prefer to whatever the Klyntar's are), but for the rest is a pretty bleak and depressing story, that i honestly had a hard time finishing (also the radioactive sperem was ridiculous).

Never saw any parallels to DKR, other than form. The substance and story beats are completely different from DKR.

Its a very memorable story and to me that makes it great. Even bought the GN (on sale, but still bought it!).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Why does everyone mock the radioactive sperm? Serious question, is it because it's to do with sex and Spider-Man must be sexless?

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    Why does everyone mock the radioactive sperm? Serious question, is it because it's to do with sex and Spider-Man must be sexless?
    Well, apparently he must.

Kinda the implication of the story, no?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    It totally makes sense. One of the best aspects of the story, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Never saw any parallels to DKR, other than form. The substance and story beats are completely different from DKR.

Its a very memorable story and to me that makes it great. Even bought the GN (on sale, but still bought it!).
    i haven't read it but the art does remind me strongly of miller's at that stage
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It totally makes sense. One of the best aspects of the story, in my opinion.
    considering it's the way a lot of harmful stuff can potentially be transferred irl, i don't see the issue either. BUT it's easy to mock
    troo fan or death

Not sure how the conversation went in this direction, but I just overheard a group of eighth graders in the Bronx talking about Mary Jane getting cancer from radioactive semen in Reign.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Radioactive semen can make sense considering that his own blood is radioactive, and during a blood transfusion to Aunt May his blood would have killed her if he didn't make an antidote, plus Spider-Island pretty much said it was because of his "fluids" that MJ's getting those powers and becoming a giant spider was so slow, so there's definitely something in his goop, but MJ dying because of his semen? That's gonna be mocked regardless of the quality of the story lol.

Hated it. A poor knock-off of the Dark Knight Returns that failed miserably IMO.