Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leatherface

Default Leatherface

Leatherface is a prequel to 1974's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre that revolves around the mystery of which teenage psychopath introduced will ultimately become the chainsaw wielding killer known as Leatherface as they escape with a nurse from a mental institution with a revenge-stricken lawman in pursuit.

i think it looks a lot better then Texas Chainsaw what do you think and are you going to watch it?

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

If this is a true prequel, wouldn't the mystery element have a hard time getting around the character's real name: Bubba Sawyer? Or is that not the route they're taking with this?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

The TCM Franchise is so screwed up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    If this is a true prequel, wouldn't the mystery element have a hard time getting around the character's real name: Bubba Sawyer? Or is that not the route they're taking with this?
    Yep. This is the really odd part.

Even with a really great plan on "How", how do you get around this?

Also, that nod to The Crow at 1:30 was a little obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep. This is the really odd part.

Even with a really great plan on "How", how do you get around this?
    Maybe "Bubba" is his middle/nickname? Or perhaps it was being used as short for "brother" (since Leatherface was the other two maniac's brother in the original).

Either way, this franchise's timeline is almost non-existent aside from the first two films. Part III was a remake, so was Part IV, then the actual remake, then the remake's prequel, then the last reboot that was a sequel to the first film (but ignored the second one and added characters that weren't even in the original), which saw a baby born in the '70s somehow be a 20-year-old in the 2010s???? Now this prequel to the original film? Sounds like a huge MESS in need of one great big reboot or an entire standalone film explaining the timeline (like how Puppet Master movies had to do a couple times when their timeline got too crazy).
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

they have two cast members named Sawyer Nubbins Sawyer also known as The Hitchhiker from movie 1 and and Verna Sawyer who may be the mom? they do have a kid named Bud tho who looks like a kid whod grow up to be Leatherface he may be just a red herring tho.

Either way, this franchise's timeline is almost non-existent aside from the first two films. Part III was a remake, so was Part IV,
    not really part 3 had the saw is famil logo from part 2 on Leatherfaces chainsaw it allso had Grandfather Sawyers decayed corpse in it who died in part 2 choptop is referencet at the start allso Leatherface had a leg brace on from being blonup in movie 2 and look for a Stretch Cameo next time you watch it as for part 4 i always just thought the Sawyer family was big and spread out.

then the last reboot that was a sequel to the first film (but ignored the second one and added characters that weren't even in the original), which saw a baby born in the '70s somehow be a 20-year-old in the 2010s????
    i think the texas chainsaw massacre series has a floating timeline meening movie 1 was just 20 yers from the most recent movie.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-31-2017 at 08:39 PM.

^ Thanks for the info about the characters in Leatherface. Love your username by the way!

I guess their family could be spread out, but the dig at the first two sequels in the opening credits of Next Generation ("...at least two minor yet apparently related incidents...") seemed like an effort to play down any idea of it being yet another sequel.

Still, other than the TCM2, they're almost all soft reboots or outright reboots. I was so excited to see TC3D a few years ago (especially because it seemed to be more connected to the original than it actually turned out to be) but it was a colossal disappointment. Hopefully this is awesome, I love the filmmakers but it's interesting that, in addition to all the delays, the full theatrical release was exchanged for a limited run + VOD by Lionsgate; I think that might be a sign that the higher-ups at LG don't have confidence in the final product... guess we'll find out in a few months!

Fun fact: TCM4 is one of the most bat-**** crazy horror sequels of all time and nobody really "gets" what it's trying to do: make fun of the audience for paying to see yet another sequel that will never live up to the original.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 07-31-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

^ Thanks for the info about the characters in Leatherface. Love your username by the way!
    thank you! Bill Moseley is the man!

I guess their family could be spread out, but the dig at the first two sequels in the opening credits of Next Generation ("...at least two minor yet apparently related incidents...") seemed like an effort to play down any idea of it being yet another sequel.
    i always took that as the weird Rothman guys secret organization partly covering up the events of the last 2 movies.

Still, other than the TCM2, they're almost all soft reboots or outright reboots.
    this is true.

I was so excited to see TC3D a few years ago (especially because it seemed to be more connected to the original than it actually turned out to be) but it was a colossal disappointment. Hopefully this is awesome, I love the filmmakers but it's interesting that, in addition to all the delays, the full theatrical release was exchanged for a limited run + VOD by Lionsgate; I think that might be a sign that the higher-ups at LG don't have confidence in the final product... guess we'll find out in a few months!
    it was a disappointment for me to it's my least favorite of the movies but it did have good things in it but i still shudder at the thought of the do your thing cuz line lets hope Leatherface is as good as it looks.
    do your thing cuz.jpg
    Last edited by choptop; 07-31-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Fun fact: TCM4 is one of the most bat-**** crazy horror sequels of all time and nobody really "gets" what it's trying to do: make fun of the audience for paying to see yet another sequel that will never live up to the original.
    hey your like the one guy other then me who gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    hey your like the one guy other then me who gets it!
    It's sooo freakin' good!! From the random girl having a seizure (or tourettes?) at prom, which no one acknowledges, to the drive-thru pizza insanity, that whole weird Illuminati angle and ultimately, the final assassination-by-airplane of Vilmer, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation is intentionally trying to make the audience cock their head to the side, scrunch up their brow, and go "wait.. what?"

The plane scene in particular shows that they were consciously trying to f*ck with the audience's expectations, as that is literally the last thing anyone would ever expect to happen, even in a movie where NOTHING that happens is expected. I just wish more people "got it", because that makes the experience of watching it endlessly more enthralling.

I love I and II; the remake is great too, and I have a soft spot for III. I don't like TCM: The Beginning because it's too mean-spirited and feels like too much of a rehash of the remake (though the cast and visuals are outstanding and easily on par with the remake, and I'm not just talking about the chainsaw family either). And, as stated, TC3D was just a big disappointment all around (though I loved the graveyard and carnival scenes, mostly because it's the first time we've ever really seen Leatherface enter the modern world and be surrounded by a crowd of shocked spectators). Leatherface is at least doing something different and mixing up the formulaic nature of the franchise, which is what has me most excited... Still, I wish more people would warm up to Next Generation, it's somethin' special! Hopefully it comes out on blu-ray soon (there's no better time than as a tie-in for the upcoming film), same for Part III!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

NEW poster!

LF.jpg

It's sooo freakin' good!! From the random girl having a seizure (or tourettes?) at prom, which no one acknowledges, to the drive-thru pizza insanity, that whole weird Illuminati angle and ultimately, the final assassination-by-airplane of Vilmer, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation is intentionally trying to make the audience cock their head to the side, scrunch up their brow, and go "wait.. what?"

The plane scene in particular shows that they were consciously trying to f*ck with the audience's expectations, as that is literally the last thing anyone would ever expect to happen, even in a movie where NOTHING that happens is expected. I just wish more people "got it", because that makes the experience of watching it endlessly more enthralling.
    When it comes to :The Next Generation...

To me, it holds up because, on paper, it should have had about zero chance of making it to the screen. So far out. Some great "Way Over The Top" performances. The whole conspiracy angle.

Just so many things that should have stopped it from ever happening, and a solid version of it wound up being made anyway.

Good on them.

BANNED

Didn't even realize this was a thing. I'll have to watch it because of Inside.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When it comes to :The Next Generation...

To me, it holds up because, on paper, it should have had about zero chance of making it to the screen. So far out. Some great "Way Over The Top" performances. The whole conspiracy angle.

Just so many things that should have stopped it from ever happening, and a solid version of it wound up being made anyway.

Good on them.

I'd say the total opposite is true. On paper it sound great. They got Kim Henkel from the original movie and Eaten Alive back. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Renée Zellweger. I paper the movie sounds interesting, but actually watching the thing is like a fucking nightmare; and I don't mean that in the good way a horror movie can be like a nightmare, I mean it's an almost unwatchable mess of a movie. McConaughey and his robot leg is awesome in it, but it's a terrible movie.

It only made it to the big screen because someone realized the terrible movie they were sitting on just happened to star two people that were becoming very famous. Although I have no idea where it played in theatres, I just remember it playing Cinemax at night a whole lotta years back.

Never been a massive fan of the first movie, love the second one of my all time favorites Moseley kills it the whole movie. I also loved that he played the character on the Corn Bugs CDs he did with Buckethead plus random Chop Top on certain Buckethead solo cds. Enjoyed parts of Next Generation however since then feel the series has been a mess of crappy movies.