Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Unless she is willing to show the rest of the tweets or what ever type of messages as proof. Or somehow take legal action this all seems like a ploy to drum up sympathy. Someone that is actually being harassed would or should be willing to show proof to justify the vilifying of the person that is harassing them.
    Why? (10char.)

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

People see things differently. Period. End of thread. One person's attack is another person's harmless tweet. One person's harmless picture is another person's reminder of ideological agendas. I haven't seen anyone in the last page or so try to do anything other than blindly defend the perspective they had before entering the thread.

Personally, if anyone is interested in being knowledgeable instead of just feeling "right," and you want to talk the facts through in any greater detail, please send me a PM and I will be very happy to discuss it with you there. I am particularly interested because I bet there is plenty you could enlighten me on if you come to the convo with that open mind and heart.

But as far as this thread, I'm gonna try to bow out. I've said my piece and, this doesn't seem like much of a discussion anyway. =P
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why? (10char.)
    Well what proof does anyone have that she was harassed? Her word? What is that worth? I don't know her so I don't know.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    People see things differently. Period. End of thread. One person's attack is another person's harmless tweet. One person's harmless picture is another person's reminder of ideological agendas. I haven't seen anyone in the last page or so try to do anything other than blindly defend the perspective they had before entering the thread.
    Except you don't get to tell the harassed how they should feel. Being cheeky and dismissive about it is what enables people to think it's okay to act like assholes online.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

One comment isn't an attack.
    In the context of the vernacular usage of attack, and not in a literal legal sense, one particularly nasty comment can be seen as an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Except you don't get to tell the harassed how they should feel. Being cheeky and dismissive about it is what enables people to think it's okay to act like assholes online.
    We can agree that there are going to be some people who will overreact to a perceived slight. However, the best way to demonstrate that conventional wisdom on something is wrong is to reference what was actually said, so that people can see where you're coming from.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamifire View Post
    Diversity & Comics literally just had his info doxed by a feminist a couple days ago with the encouragement of Heather Antos.

So...yeah right then.

Also I and others have received plenty of threats. When I get those threats I just troll or ignore the person....instead of demanding everyone come to my rescue. It's the internet...people are infants
    Yeah...I have a serious problem with anyone who claims to have been "victimized" and then turns around and celebrates their "victimization" by threatening or encouraging the threatening of others...or participates in the defamation of character.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 08-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In the context of the vernacular usage of attack, and not in a literal legal sense, one particularly nasty comment can be seen as an attack.

We can agree that there are going to be some people who will overreact to a perceived slight. However, the best way to demonstrate that conventional wisdom on something is wrong is to reference what was actually said, so that people can see where you're coming from.
    That is weird.

BANNED

How exactly did Diversity & Comics threaten Antos? Was it by reviewing Gwenpool and praising it? Doesn't Antos write that? Also from what I have seen he has "abused" anyone either. He cracks bad jokes and rips comics to get views. He even said his views go down when he reviews good comics.
    If you claim to be a "victim" and then the next day have a photo of yourself with your co-workers outside of Marvel's offices celebrating your "victimization"...are you really a "victim" or someone just seeking attention?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Because it wasn't "2 or 3" tweets. She was harrassed both on that tweet and through her private messages. What we have here is people trying to downplay the harassment she received.
    Yeah, saw a YouTuber who essentially defended the users in question; the argument basically boiled down to "since some Marvel employees are rude to readers [said employees which did not include Antos, as far as I can tell], it's okay for them to be rude back." It's flawed reasoning (how other people behave does not have any bearing on how you should). Regardless of what Marvel employees do, harassing someone online is wrong and should be stopped in its tracks period. Call that harsh, but, much like a certain Avenger, I don't like bullies and I don't care where they come from.

Well what proof does anyone have that she was harassed? Her word? What is that worth? I don't know her so I don't know.
    Personally, I've found that the word of the YouTubers along this spectrum (the one that started it all has gotten support from others) is not exactly worth that much. However, that's my personal experience and filtered through my lens of subjectivity. I wasn't able to find the original Twitter feed in question. While it sounds like at least some of the bullying was not carried out on public channels, looking at where it all began would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Yeah...I have a serious problem with anyone who claims to have been "victimized" and then turns around and celebrates their "victimization" by threatening or encouraging the threatening of others...or participates in the defamation of character.
    Do we have any proof of any of this? (As far as "defamation of character," is has yet to be established that the YouTuber(s) in question were indeed innocent.)

That is weird.
    So is defending cyberbullies.

BANNED

Unless she is willing to show the rest of the tweets or what ever type of messages as proof. Or somehow take legal action this all seems like a ploy to drum up sympathy. Someone that is actually being harassed would or should be willing to show proof to justify the vilifying of the person that is harassing them.
    When someone claims to have been "victimized" and then refuses to show all the evidence of that said "victimization", or doesn't report their "victimization" to the authorities are they really a "victim" or just crying wolf and seeking attention? I think this answers itself IMO.

When someone claims to have been "victimized" and then refuses to show all the evidence of that said "victimization", or doesn't report their "victimization" to the authorities are they really a "victim" or just crying wolf and seeking attention? I think this answers itself IMO.
    Is being a cyberbully illegal, though?

Also, assuming that the victim not showing all the posts because there's nothing to show ignores other answers, such as the possibility that some of the harassment may be too personal to make public. There are legitimate reasons that people won't reveal things like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

So is defending cyberbullies.
    No...she is participating in the same behavior as she claims was directed at her...i.e.harassment by encouraging and participating in doxxing. That doesn't come across to me as someone who is an innocent "victim".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is being a cyberbully illegal, though?

Also, assuming that the victim not showing all the posts because there's nothing to show ignores other answers, such as the possibility that some of the harassment may be too personal to make public. There are legitimate reasons that people won't reveal things like this.
    Cyberbullying is a part of the internet...we have all been called mean and rude things online...but are any of the many millions of other people on the internet who have been harassed and called mean and nasty things crying "victimization" and having articles written up about it? If you wish to take part in social networking on the internet you have to have a thick skin and not be so easily offended by words just typed on a screen by people you don't even know personally.And if you are thin skinned and can't handle when other people online disagree and argue with you...or call you names... then you should probably just stop participating in social media altogether IMHO.
    Regarding the posts she claims were "vile" and too "nasty" to share with others to back up her claims of victimization...that just sends up red flags to me that she has something to hide,or is making false claims.Now...did she refuse to share these other tweets because they were to personal? How can that be when the people who made the original comments towards her don't even know her personally? The reason given by Antos herself was because they were too "vile" to share,she never said anything about them being personal...and refusing to share further proof of her so-called victimization as if we are all little children who can't handle seeing some tweets that say nasty and mean stuff makes no sense to me and tells me she is just making something out of nothing. Antos IMO is not being honest and just seeks attention.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 08-16-2017 at 08:05 PM.

It's night and day what men and women experience in terms of harassment/bullying/comments online.

If you claim to be a "victim" and then the next day have a photo of yourself with your co-workers outside of Marvel's offices celebrating your "victimization"...are you really a "victim" or someone just seeking attention?
    Someone can be wronged, and still celebrate the solidarity they found afterwards.

That is weird.
    How so?

Someone can be a victim without it being illegal.

We've seen the article with the original comments.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...ed-ben-jerrys/

It is possible to believe those comments are repugnant without thinking it's appropriate to bring it to the attention of the authorities.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets