Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mockingbird's "Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda" T-shirt popping up in ASM

There is a fun easter egg on the front page of Issue 789

https://www.newsarama.com/35605-sdcc...nly-panel.html

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There is a fun easter egg on the front page of Issue 789

https://www.newsarama.com/35605-sdcc...nly-panel.html
    The article doesn't mention what the Easter egg is... Is there another source or is that all Marvel is saying for now?

BANNED

Looks like we may now know what the easter egg is

spoilers:
    Peter wearing Bobbi's feminist agenda shirt after he spends the night at her place [on the couch]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...genda-t-shirt/
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Peter wearing Bobbi's feminist agenda shirt after he spends the night at her place [on the couch]

end of spoilers
    I think 2 to 3 other books already beat them to that exact same easter egg .

spoilers:
    Also pretty sure Bobbi gave that exact shirt to Janet van Dyne. She seems to loan it to a lot of people...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    facepalm.jpg

10char

So, I wonder does this mean Peter & Bobbi will be officially together in the next arc? Also I love they're putting the shirt in here too just because I know so many people got mad over such a stupid thing I want them to keep doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So, I wonder does this mean Peter & Bobbi will be officially together in the next arc? Also I love they're putting the shirt in here too just because I know so many people got mad over such a stupid thing I want them to keep doing it
    Feels like something MJ would probably wear if she was actually appearing in this book.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Yawn...boring...like always

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wasn't angry about the t-shirt when I first saw it. I just thought it was dumb and unnecessary.

BANNED

Just another example of Marvel more worried about pushing political opinions and agendas rather than just writing a simple superhero comic book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Just another example of Marvel more worried about pushing political opinions and agendas rather than just writing a simple superhero comic book.
    It is a t-shirt likely appearing in one panel. If that is enough to offend you it seems your the one more worried about politics than comic books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like something MJ would probably wear if she was actually appearing in this book.
    I think MJ will be showing up, she's featured on the Marvel Primer Pages alongside May and Flash, and Slott already confirmed Flash was coming back too.

As for Peter and Bobbi...doubtful it'll last very long, and he could be hanging out at her place because of what happens to Parker Industries and he needs a place to crash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    It is a t-shirt likely appearing in one panel. If that is enough to offend you it seems your the one more worried about politics than comic books.
    You mean a T-shirt that keeps popping up again and again,over and over? No...that's Marvel pushing a political message on race and gender issues then it is a response being made by a female writer in response to over reactive fanboys.I have nothing against female authors or their presence in the comic industry at all...I'm just tired of comics being used by writers as political soapboxes to express their own personal political leanings and beliefs.Make your responses to angry fanboys in a twitter or Facebook messages and keep that stuff out of comics. The job of a comic writer is to write superhero stories not make personal statements in-story to angry fanboys over a gender issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    It's also a T-shirt that is associated with the character, and serves as a way to publicize an acclaimed TPB.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

really the T-shirt is coming back?

no doubt a fun way to say ah ha! continuity!!

really looking forward to the Bobbi/peter relationship should turn out some interesting issues!

BTW MJ would never wear a shirt that says that...it would totally be against her character.