Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dammit, it should have been Stallion...

Also, get him Huntress
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-31-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

The covers and content definitely prove that it's easy as hell to recapture that "Grayson Spirit" while still having Dick wearing the tights. In fact, his all black costume makes all-black, stylish noir silhouettes incredibly easy to throw onto the page.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Helena yes girl. I hope this attitude carries over into BoP, not the killing thing of course, but the attitude itself. Feels very Gail Simone's BoP Helena.

But how long before the rants about Dick being shirtless again start...But anyways I hope Helena doesn't play second fiddle for Dick's story. I hope she's not gonna be used for as fodder as Dick being his vulnerable self and on the rebound after Shawn etc and I don't want her to be Dick's pseudo Catwoman for an arc. Just give me some former spy shenanigans without the annoying flack Helena got from Dick fans about her being ok with one night stands.

What's wrong with Helena being Dick's Catwoman. Catwoman is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    haha i think so to. I don't mind in concept but that would require Helena to fufil a role that would be not suit her previous history.

Yeah, Giz was one of my favourite run offs- probably because he was more developed. Hope he does not die in vain.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Helena yes girl. I hope this attitude carries over into BoP, not the killing thing of course, but the attitude itself. Feels very Gail Simone's BoP Helena.

But how long before the rants about Dick being shirtless again start...But anyways I hope Helena doesn't play second fiddle for Dick's story. I hope she's not gonna be used for as fodder as Dick being his vulnerable self and on the rebound after Shawn etc and I don't want her to be Dick's pseudo Catwoman for an arc. Just give me some former spy shenanigans without the annoying flack Helena got from Dick fans about her being ok with one night stands.
    Well, I think it's pretty clear that Helena and Dick have a much deeper relationship than a one night stand, so even if they do sleep with each other, it will be less shallow than the Nightwing and Huntress miniseries relationship. However...when has Seeley ever NOT written Helena as second fiddle to Dick? It's Dick's book, so I'm not necessarily blaming him, but that's why I had difficulty warming to Helena in Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Because Helena is her own character, with her own history! Much as they stole from it in Batman Eternal/Catwoman by Valentine.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Yeah if there is one thing I want, it's that their relationship is treated seriously and no more of that Helenea is bad girl with her one night stands/ edgy attitude compared to well Babs I guess. Also there is nothing wrong with being second fiddle in another persons book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Yeah if there is one thing I want, it's that their relationship is treated seriously and no more of that Helenea is bad girl with her one night stands/ edgy attitude compared to well Babs I guess. Also there is nothing wrong with being second fiddle in another persons book.
    Depends on which character you're a bigger fan of.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Goodbye Giz, we hardly knew you.

Maybe Dick gets his squirrel now.

BANNED

Awwww, Giz was a nice kid. Yeah, he can leave the squirrel to Dick--he needs a good sidekick.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Goodbye Giz, we hardly knew you.

Maybe Dick gets his squirrel now.
    Best idea ever. Seeley, we need a Nightwing and squirrel team up.

Perfectly happy for Helena to stop by for a one night stand. As long as the reason for them not making more of it is not in any hinted at being Babs.

I have no problem with them having a one night stand. My only issue is Shawn just broke up with him and I don't want a messy fallout for Helena because Dick was feeling lonely and then he'll get hung up on it. And I don't want their relationship to be tainted by that. If it happened further down the track I would be fine with it. but Dick's still hung up on Shawn, and Helena has a growing friendship with Barbara that hasn't been tested in rough waters yet, it would be a train wreck on all sides happening all at once if a one night stand is not handled deftly.

Down the track, I am game but not now because of Dick being Dick about things and Shawn is clearly still part of the narrative and I don't want Helena to be treated as an "obstacle" to the Shawn/Dick thing. I'd rather they keep their Agent 37/Matron dynamic for now and then go for it when they're in a better opportunity to do it without the added drama of what dick is going through right now. Keep Helena and Dick's narrative separate from his romantic entanglements right now because I would prefer better groundwork for any potential romantic or sexual relationship.

But just to clarify I consider the flirty aspect to be a part of the character's dynamic so I'm not against that, I just don't want something dramatic happening atm.

I would love just an "old school" Grayson comic feel without the baggage of the current titles.

yeah sorry to get rambling

anyways I prefer Helena with Catman because that was entertaining.

I think Helena and Dick are always going to have romance mixed in with friendship. It is what their relationship has always been, but it is also what makes their dynamic fun when writers aren't trying to make it too dramatic.

Helena and Dick should have slept together in the Grayson series I think. It was teased a fair bit and Janin could have drawn it too. Also it would have been before Helena knew Babs personally and now we are in the situation that Helena is friends with Babs, and if anything happens with them (which I still wouldn't mind) Helena is probably going to feel guilty even though I don't think she should. Helena and Dick's relationship is closer in the current DCU than I think her and Babs given what they went through together in Grayson, but because of her sharing Dick's mind and memories she is aware of his feelings for Babs too which will probably constantly prevent the two from going all the way. For now at least.