Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Batman - White Knight" possible animated film?

The upcoming "Batman-White Knight" has the Joker cured of his homicidal insanity and steps up as Gotham's new protector.

This series could have potential as an animated film.

Thoughts?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I'd prefer to wait and see what the story's like first before thinking about any plans to make it a film.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'd prefer to wait and see what the story's like first before thinking about any plans to make it a film.
    Granted.

Still, I wouldn't mind Mark Hamill voicing this version of the Joker.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Shouldn't we know more about how well the story is received before we start theorizing a film?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Shouldn't we know more about how well the story is received before we start theorizing a film?
    See my response to Caivu.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    The upcoming "Batman-White Knight" has the Joker cured of his homicidal insanity and steps up as Gotham's new protector.

This series could have potential as an animated film.

Thoughts?
    Depends on the reaction from comic fans for the miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Depends on the reaction from comic fans for the miniseries.
    I agree with you on that.

only if it replicate's sean murphy's art style. Not a fan of the style since JL War, it's not bad but kind of boring. I want a new style approach for a one off movie.

and also if the story is good too of course.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't really understand the point of this thread...there is no animated film speculated or announced..comic isn't out, nor is there a preview to judge..just a single interview.

BANNED

No. No, no, no, no, no. No.

Even in the an elseworlds essentially, I am sick and tired for stories about Batman and Joker. Definitely don't need another one animated.

Also, in response to what was said about Hamil, no. I really don't want him back as the Joker anymore. His performance in Killing Joke was MUCH weaker than any he'd given before, and I think it's clear either just age or fatigue in the role is the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, in response to what was said about Hamil, no. I really don't want him back as the Joker anymore. His performance in Killing Joke was MUCH weaker than any he'd given before, and I think it's clear either just age or fatigue in the role is the cause.
    He's still pretty fun in Justice League Action .

Spectacular Member

This thread is old, but, yes, this would be an awesome animated movie, and I would like to hear Hamill voicing both Joker and Jack, like he did in Killing Joke. I would also like to hear Tara Strong, or someone who sounds like the old BTAS Harley, voicing Harley and Neo Joker. Of course, I would like Conroy reprising the role of Batman and Bruce.

Spoilers for those who haven't read White Knight:

Joker is cured of his insanity temporarily and, as Jack, gets to prove to Gotham that he's more than just a pale faced homicidal maniac and the gallery in Arkham aren't the police's real problem. There's also this huge mystery. What did Jack mean when he said he first discovered the Joker in his cell? Is Jack the original Joker, or was there someone with the title before him?

Joker, as Jack, begins an elaborate plot to expose Batman as a criminal, and it works!

The pills that supposedly keep him sane stop working!

Joker, as Jack, seemingly sacrifices himself to save Harley, ejecting her on a motorcycle before violently crashing the Bat mobile into a wall.

Batman rescues him and when he tells him he should have just let him die because he would have been a hero, Batman replies that he would never let that happen. Jack asks, "which one? Letting me die or letting me be a hero?" Batman responds, "pick one!"

Joker and Harley get MARRIED!

We find out at the end that Harley Quinn planned this whole thing to begin with because she was sick of seeing Batman and Joker tear the city apart!

It's not really a lot of SJW, although there are strong elements of it; it's more a fun little romp in a BTAS inspired alternate universe. It's kind of like Lego Batman mixed with Killing Joke, and it is awesome!
    Last edited by kcomics; 03-30-2019 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

It'd make a great animated movie--I'm all for it!

I managed to read the TPB and enjoyed it.

No denying this would make an interesting animated film, right?

Fantastic Member

This is how you do batman if you think he is a bad guy which I do not but this elseworlds makes it out to be way more deserving of praise and eisners than tom king. This is how it is done right even though I usually do not like these role reversal stories