Default Question about Domino...

So, my friends and I were talking about the new Domino pic, and discussing Dom's spot being white, rather than black. Somehow, this brought us to talking about the nature of her spot, and I remembered something that...I don't know if I actually remember.

I could SWEAR that at some point, early in X-Force (or possibly New Mutants), she was shown peeling the spot off, like a body applique. I tried googling as many different versions of "Domino takes off her spot" as I could think of, but can't find any panel evidence. But I SWEAR I remember a Liefield-drawn panel of her taking it off and I just...cannot for the life of me recall where I would have gotten this from. Is the spot a cosmetic affectation, or is it part of her skin? Is it possible this happened while Vanessa 'Copycat' Carlyle was posing as Domino?

Am I crazy?
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-31-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, my friends and I were talking about the new Domino pic, and discussing Dom's spot being white, rather than black. Somehow, this brought us to talking about the nature of her spot, and I remembered something that...I don't know if I actually remember.

I could SWEAR that at some point, early in X-Force (or possibly New Mutants), she was shown peeling the spot off, like a body applique. I tried googling as many different versions of "Domino takes off her spot" as I could think of, but can't find any panel evidence. But I SWEAR I remember a Liefield-drawn panel of her taking it off and I just...cannot for the life of me recall where I would have gotten this from. Is the spot a cosmetic affectation, or is it part of her skin? Is it possible this happened while Vanessa 'Copycat' Carlyle was posing as Domino?

Am I crazy?
    I don't think it would have been Copycat, as she could just shapeshift if I recall correctly.

I've pulled out my X-Force box, but it's not a complete collection. I'm hopeful I can at least find SOMETHING.

Yeah, I think it MUST have been actual Dom, not CopycatDom, but I just can't trust my damn memories.

Can't honestly remember anything like this happening. Granted, if it was actually Copycat, I probably wouldn't remember out of wilful self-denial, but I can pretty well guarantee you the real Dom never did this.

Closest I could figure would be instances where the spot is covered by make-up, like during the Operation Zero Tolerance tie-in issues, but that was long after Liefeld left.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.