Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I am a Kitty die hard fan and I would do anything to get Bendis back at this point.
    Oh wow! Really?? I just knew people who loved Kitty would be eating this up. Damn that's really not good then because if it is even off-putting to fans of Kitty just think how casual readers are receiving this. I know some call Storm a Mary-Sue, but I don't think I have ever seen Storm or any other female in xmen written like this. It sucks too because I don't think this type of writing does the character justice in terms of garnering new readership and interest in the character.

Desperation is a bad look on you, Petey.

But hey, at least Stevie Hunter is alive and well. Points for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I'm wondering if Rachel is some form of possessed?
    Think it has anything to do with what's going on in Astonishing?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Other than the appearance of Stevie Hunter this was the first issue of Gold that I actually, genuinely disliked.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Think it has anything to do with what's going on in Astonishing?
    That'd be good! But think Soule said his story would be contained to that book only...

I thought much of the book was good, but I definitely had a WTF moment with Peter basically proposing to Kitty. Run girl, run!!! Also as much as Guggenheim seems to worship Claremont's writing (not always a bad thing) he has seemingly forgotten that Kurt/Rachael shared an awkward moment back in Claremont's third run, can't remember the exact issue but around issue 450, when they kissed and went through the basic Claremont teen-girl romance-isms. I'd much rather see a Kurt/Betsy relationship but I'm not against this pairing.

Whiplash always been a boring villain to me, so I can't really fault Guggenheim for not making him interesting. Looking forward to seeing how Omega Red fits into all of this.

I still hold out faith but I wish Guggenheim would step back from the Kitty/Peter cycle of relationship/drama they ALWAYS seem to go through, minus Excalibur when it was merely one-sided, and surprisingly the late 90's run when they returned from Excalibur and their interactions were fairly nebulous. Otherwise it's always been the same old same old for them every single time they're around each other. Rogue and Gambit have seemed to progressed and moved on, or at least one side has, why can't these two?

Am I the only one who's absolutely stoked and thrilled that the great Stevie Hunter is back from a long time in limbo?? One of my favorite human characters in the X-Men!!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It was unbelievable and lifeless.

Colossus isn't some dumb love struck oaf. Kitty's done nothing but push him away since she got back and now a marriage proposal? Come on!
    Yea a lot of what I have read with those two seems force and he does come off like a brainless love sick puppy. It's just awful writing all around.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The Congress part is dumb considering that SE is still going on (and the Capital building is all torn up), New Tian is/was it's own country...and any kind of bill like that would effect the other books with mutants. If it's past it's only going to dealt with in GOLD....this isn't the "flagship" book if nothing in it ripples out into the other books. This is straight up Kitty Pryde Fan Fiction.
    incredibly dumb. it's like SE is not even happening in Gold (though the last two issues were supposed to be crossovers right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Other than the appearance of Stevie Hunter this was the first issue of Gold that I actually, genuinely disliked.
    why did you dislike it?

BANNED

he does come off like a brainless love sick puppy.
    That's a super kind way of putting it...

Colossus: Hmm, my ex I'm stalking doesn't seem receptive to being my girlfriend despite me living in her old room! I know, I'll ask her to marry me!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Whiplash - yeah
    Omega Red back - yeah
    Return Stevie Hunter - yeah
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Colossus: Hmm, my ex I'm stalking doesn't seem receptive to being my girlfriend despite me living in her old room! I know, I'll ask her to marry me!
    After she just got out of one engagement that ended poorly. Come on, Gug! What happened to that sensitive, artistic heart Colossus is supposed to have?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It's nice to hear Stevie Hunter is back, but as a congressperson? I think Charlotte Jones would have made more sense there.

BANNED

Did you miss the part where she rubbed his chest while commenting on his muscles? I'm sorry, but Kitty is definitely interested,

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol you think Kitty's argument was bad on purpose?
    I said unintentional. I think it was bad. Unintentionally.

Extraordinary Member

Good to have Stevie Hunter back. Not ALL nostalgia is bad, but sounds like I didn't miss much ignoring this issue. Will get the next issues because Magik, but I'm not optimistic about them.