Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men Gold #9 SPOILERS and Discussion

-In Russia, some Russian generals are planning to use “magik” to resurrect a dead person…

-In America, Whiplash is fixing his costume and he is watching congress people discuss the mutant deportation act. Whiplash is disgusted…

-At the mansion, Colossus is painting when Kitty comes into ask him to go to congress with her for the meeting as security. Colossus reminds her he can’t turn to steel but Kitty claims Logan insisted.

-Meanwhile, Nightcrawler asks Rachel out on a date, and she wonders what’s changed since their kiss. Nightcrawler is interested but is concerned considering how past team relationships (Kitty and peter, Cyclops and Jean/Emma) ended badly. Rachel turns him down since she has plans with Storm, but agrees to the following night.

-In D.C., Kitty and Colossus are greeted by now Congresswoman Stevie Hunter. Stevie takes them to the meeting where Kitty gives a speech about human rights. The congress-people remind her of the costs of mutant attacks and Kitty reminds him of how many times they’ve saved the world and universe.

-After praising herself on being so awesome, Kitty gets asked out to dinner by Colossus. Meanwhile, Nightcrawler and Rachel discuss their time with Exaclibur and the good memories they have from there (maybe it’s the art but Rachel seems a bit off when Nightcrawler asks her about her new powers).

-At dinner, Kitty and Colossus talk about their relationship and how it’d be awkward to get back together, and Colossus pretty much proposes to her. Kitty is flaterred but needs time.

-The next day, at congress, Kitty continues her speech until they are all attacked by Whiplash who’s there to destroy congress. A fight ensues and Kitty and Colossus save the day! Later, Kitty and Colossus take a walk and discuss his “proposal”. Kitty needs more time and Colossus is more than willing to give it to her. Later, Stevie informs them that despite their heroic efforts in congress, the bill has passed and it’s closer to being a law.

-Meanwhile, in Russia, Omega Red is back from the dead!

BANNED

Why doesn't kitty mentioned the Country's F-Up about Hydra Cap??? And the other Heroes that were causing Havoc........eh oh well deportation it is. -_-

Someone finally started the thread!
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

great exchange between kitty and members of congress.

BANNED

what the **** was this

I mean how far up the self-indulgent nostalgia alley can you go? Arguing that doubling down on a failed relationship from the '80s that turned into drama multiple times and claim it's progress because they get MARRIED!?

#SaveKitty

Loved her speech tho. Future mutants president Pryde!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I really don't see the point of offering any critique of this book anymore because it is the same thing every two weeks.

Kitty saves the day (with the help of Colossus) again, she is amazing the best at everything (i'm a ninja, an orator, peacekeeper, warstopper! Colossus can't live without her so let's move forward by getting married.

The Nightcrawler and Rachel date was cringe-worthy. It was just. I don't know, unless you are a Kitty die hard fan not sure why you would pick up this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I really don't see the point of offering any critique of this book anymore because it is the same thing every two weeks.

Kitty saves the day (with the help of Colossus) again, she is amazing the best at everything (i'm a ninja, an orator, peacekeeper, warstopper! Colossus can't live without her so let's move forward by getting married.

The Nightcrawler and Rachel date was cringe-worthy. It was just. I don't know, unless you are a Kitty die hard fan not sure why you would pick up this book.
    I am a Kitty die hard fan and I would do anything to get Bendis back at this point.

I actually enjoyed the Kurt/Rachel stuff: I... I like them as a couple.
    Also the part at the congress was pretty good.
    But please, the whole Kitty/Piotr proposal was just... blah.
    Can't wait to see Omega Red in action.

Ooh boy, is this issue gon get some people heated.

I think there were a lot of flaws in the argument; Kitty missed a lot of beats. Her speech clearly wasn't good enough, I'm sure this was unintentional, and that leads to the act passing. Arguably. That's what's most exciting to me about this issue though, the actual, realised threat of deportation is exciting. Hope Guggenheim doesn't try to find a way to wriggle out of it (like the act not passing at the last minute), but instead sees it through to a genuinely satisfying conclusion (some change to the status quo must occur at the end of this, an actual government bill can't be the monster of the week).

Also, how "Gold" is it that the Russia-Magik-Colossus-Omega Red arc is called "Kitty Goes to Washington"?

Honestly, though, I think Gold is shaping up pretty well. Bit of an off start, but each issue keeps dripping more and more good stuff in. It's not perfect, I have a lot of complaints, but I think, overall, this has been a good title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

It was unbelievable and lifeless.

Colossus isn't some dumb love struck oaf. Kitty's done nothing but push him away since she got back and now a marriage proposal? Come on!

Well Omega Red's back in play. That's something for me.

BANNED

I'm wondering if Rachel is some form of possessed? Maybe by Tean since she whined about not turning into her mother? Seriously though, she seems off...

The congress part was good but it's been done so many times already too, just seemed repetitive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Ooh boy, is this issue gon get some people heated.

I think there were a lot of flaws in the argument; Kitty missed a lot of beats. Her speech clearly wasn't good enough, I'm sure this was unintentional, and that leads to the act passing. Arguably. That's what's most exciting to me about this issue though, the actual, realised threat of deportation is exciting. Hope Guggenheim doesn't try to find a way to wriggle out of it (like the act not passing at the last minute), but instead sees it through to a genuinely satisfying conclusion (some change to the status quo must occur at the end of this, an actual government bill can't be the monster of the week).

Also, how "Gold" is it that the Russia-Magik-Colossus-Omega Red arc is called "Kitty Goes to Washington"?

Honestly, though, I think Gold is shaping up pretty well. Bit of an off start, but each issue keeps dripping more and more good stuff in. It's not perfect, I have a lot of complaints, but I think, overall, this has been a good title.
    lol you think Kitty's argument was bad on purpose?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I'm wondering if Rachel is some form of possessed? Maybe by Tean since she whined about not turning into her mother? Seriously though, she seems off...

The congress part was good but it's been done so many times already too, just seemed repetitive.
    The Congress part is dumb considering that SE is still going on (and the Capital building is all torn up), New Tian is/was it's own country...and any kind of bill like that would effect the other books with mutants. If it's past it's only going to dealt with in GOLD....this isn't the "flagship" book if nothing in it ripples out into the other books. This is straight up Kitty Pryde Fan Fiction.