Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Anyone Gonna Buy the New Robotech?

Mine is on the way. Should be here by Friday (hopefully). Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Mine is on the way. Should be here by Friday (hopefully). Anyone else?
    No.

I'm not really a "Robotech"-kinda guy.

I picked it up today. Longtime Robotech fan from '85. The art's a little rough in some places, but I think it's intentional to give it a more "grittier and realistic" look (so it probably works on that front). The story is basically the same from the first episode, but there's enough new bits and pieces (mainly with the characters) to make this a new spin, IMO. For newcomers to Robotech, though, it's very much a clean slate to begin with here.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

the first issue had super dimension fortress macross written all over it with changes in character behavior.

cant wait to read further issues.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

I got the first issue. It's good. I love Macross. It a very faithful adaptation so there's a bit of a good and bad (ie if you've already got the original animes you might consider yourself better off saving your money)

All-New Member Captain Ameriking's Avatar

I'm a huge Robotech fan of the 80s. I like this new series but I'm not really sure how much yet. I'm not so crazy about the art and the story is a little different... I don't know I guess the jury's still out lol.