Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah, I'd say Bucky. Using his other non metal limbs didn't seem to impede him against Cap.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Spectacular Member

That happened when he was completely unprepared for how tough Bushmaster was

This happened when he was prepared

Here he stomped him when he was thoroughly prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Even here despite the amp after losing the first time Luke beats him when he cuts loose the second round

Bucky is well known in MCU Luke isn't going to be unprepared. Especially since he has a friend with a cybernetic arm stronger than the rest of their entire body.

Also, these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0B9cfOj8lM&t=143s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NyADnqhE4&t=152s

I still say Luke clean sweeps.

Against someone faster, far more skilled, and strong enough that Cage feels it?

Hardly a clean sweep, lol.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Luke has fought enough high end fighters using all of their skills and body parts that somebody using 1 arm against him doesn't stand a chance imo. WS isn't that much faster in fighting terms to blitz Cage and he sure can't take that many hits from Cage, so it's Cages fight to lose and I don't see him doing that this match.

Yeah, i gotta back Luke on this one, Bucky is faster but no faster than the actor who played him. His cybernetic arm can harm Luke bot not significantly; Luke survived a building falling on top of him. He can also block the Iron Fist with the palm of him hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yeah, i gotta back Luke on this one, Bucky is faster but no faster than the actor who played him. His cybernetic arm can harm Luke bot not significantly; Luke survived a building falling on top of him. He can also block the Iron Fist with the palm of him hand.
    I don't recall him ever catching the Iron Fist.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Against someone faster, far more skilled, and strong enough that Cage feels it?

Hardly a clean sweep, lol.
    You're damn right.
    I was exaggerating for lulz. Felt there was a lot of Cage lowballing in this thread so I thought I would do the opposite. I still feel Cage takes all rounds
    Last edited by Klaxton; 07-15-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I don't recall him ever catching the Iron Fist.
    Its in the last link I posted

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There is yet another feat nobody has mentioned. Likely because it's from the Defenders and easy to forget.

Luke is fighting against one of the leaders of the Hand, who is using some magical pressure point stuff to actually threaten him (it...doesn't seem to be doing much more than 'hurting' Luke, but it's hurting him, and the Hand has all kinds of magic martial arts crap, so magic pressure points for the win).

Luke, totally off guard and unaware, is rammed into by a gigantic speeding truck. It's not puttering along, it's flying along.

Now, I don't know about you, but getting rammed into by a gigantic speeding truck is...pretty up there. Likely then being run over to boot. Next we see Luke, he has some torn clothes but is otherwise completely unhurt.

I am none-too-sanguine about Bucky being able to hurt Luke with ANYTHING but his cybernetic arm.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There is yet another feat nobody has mentioned. Likely because it's from the Defenders and easy to forget.

Luke is fighting against one of the leaders of the Hand, who is using some magical pressure point stuff to actually threaten him (it...doesn't seem to be doing much more than 'hurting' Luke, but it's hurting him, and the Hand has all kinds of magic martial arts crap, so magic pressure points for the win).

Luke, totally off guard and unaware, is rammed into by a gigantic speeding truck. It's not puttering along, it's flying along.

Now, I don't know about you, but getting rammed into by a gigantic speeding truck is...pretty up there. Likely then being run over to boot. Next we see Luke, he has some torn clothes but is otherwise completely unhurt.

I am none-too-sanguine about Bucky being able to hurt Luke with ANYTHING but his cybernetic arm.
    For me, this is it. Luke's high-end, consistent-with-pres level, after his explicit, on-screen permanent amp, is compressing a frag grenade in his hands and it doing between jack and squat. It is getting smashed into by a massive truck at 100km/h or whatever and having shredded clothes. It's getting stunned but then getting up and being fine after face-tanking the Iron Fist. It's being unharmed by a building dropped on him. It's being unharmed by the rocket launcher attack. It's not noticing assault-rifle fire at point-blank range.

Bucky MIGHT, MIGHT be able to make Luke feel shots with his mechanical arm, but that's really only a maybe, and it isn't going to be KO level crap anyway. Luke can simply grab the guy, reel him in eventually, and rip that arm off. Or strangle him. Or go all Kal-El and snap his neck. Bucky, for all of his clearly superhuman durability, isn't playing on Luke's level. Bucky isn't on MCU Cap's level. Cap was surprised at Bucky's level in their first encounter, and shocked into inactivity despite having the upper hand scant minutes after tanking a rocket launcher shot that smashed him through a speeding bus in TWS. In their last encounter, Cap has been repeatedly shot, obviously didn't want to fight the guy and was still dominating the relatively-fresh Bucky when Cap decided to stop fighting to let Bucky snap out of it through face-tank therapy. I would not give Cap good odds in HtH against Luke. He's too strong, too tough. And if Cap doesn't get good odds, Bucky is mincemeat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For me, this is it. Luke's high-end, consistent-with-pres level, after his explicit, on-screen permanent amp, is compressing a frag grenade in his hands and it doing between jack and squat.
    To add to that, Luke tried to do that to one of Bushmaster's special explosives, failed and got blown away, but managed to get up right away unharmed. In another episode, (same where Luke fights Bushmaster for the third time) the same type of explosive turned Bushmaster into Swiss cheese, though he managed to get away and get to his friend's house.
    So Luke can both tank explosions far more than grenades and beat down those who can walk away from that kind of damage.
    And then during fight with armored Diamondback, he slapped away a motorcycle thrown at him (which Diamondback threw at him from across the street onehanded btw) and then proceeded to grab Diamondback, lift him off the ground and swing him onto an SUV hard enough to cause it to slide a bit.
    And during his very first onscreen fight in JJ S1, he just tapped a guy with his hand which both KOd the guy and send him flying.
    But to the lowballers it seems than only the shotgun KO, Elektra's foot stomp Ko and having trouble with some drug dealer thugs and not KOing Jessica instantly are his only feats.
    Last edited by Klaxton; 07-16-2020 at 08:58 AM.

But to the lowballers it seems than only the shotgun KO, Elektra's foot stomp Ko and having trouble with some drug dealer thugs and not KOing Jessica instantly are his only feats.
    And to make matters worse, only 1 of those was Post-Powerup, making it even less relevant.

The only reason Mariah was such a problem for Luke in Season 2 is because of his morals.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And to make matters worse, only 1 of those was Post-Powerup, making it even less relevant.

The only reason Mariah was such a problem for Luke in Season 2 is because of his morals.
    Preach bro.
    Oh and there are 2 more things. In the first episode of the solo series, Luke palms a handgun and when it fires, he grunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEQTbQt6MY&t=63s

A lot of lowballers started to claim this was proof Luke's innards would turn to mush if higher caliber guns are used

Then there was the incident where Cockroach Hamilton used his Hammer Industries 6-barrelled shotgun on Luke and it dislocated Luke's shoulder
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6n-c2tMHME&t=53s
    But lowballers claim that its again shown that all you need to take out Cage is an ordinary shotgun, but they completely gloss over the fact that its not an ordinary gun at all
    Last edited by Klaxton; 07-17-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, Sowande (also called white hat) was able to paralyse Danny with a single nerve strike to the spine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90C2jZ-6TQ&t=169s

Stick also said he could stops one's heartbeat in couple of moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkY3AFH_hrY&t=84s

So that wasn't that bad