Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default MCU Winter Soldier vs Netflix Luke Cage

WS gets his standard gear. Fight takes place in an urban setting. Who wins?

I feel like WS could eventually beat Cage into a ten count. The main problem is Bucky landing enough unanswered headshot at the right angle to stun cage enough he can't really defend himself. I'd back Bucky right now simply due to the fact his fights imply he's several orders of magnitude more skilled, but he has to be careful. Luke might get more durability and I won't go down from a one-sided beating ala Diamondback in Defenders though.

Spectacular Member

Bucky's one huge disadvantage is his aggressive fighting style. While skilled, he always opts for overwhelming force. Against Luke that might cost him.

Astonishing Member mystique of x's Avatar

WS has way more experience then Luke Cage. And he has killed people more powerful then cage

Quote Originally Posted by mystique of x View Post
    WS has way more experience then Luke Cage. And he has killed people more powerful then cage
    Who would that be.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I feel like WS could eventually beat Cage into a ten count. The main problem is Bucky landing enough unanswered headshot at the right angle to stun cage enough he can't really defend himself. I'd back Bucky right now simply due to the fact his fights imply he's several orders of magnitude more skilled, but he has to be careful. Luke might get more durability and I won't go down from a one-sided beating ala Diamondback in Defenders though.
    Is Bucky more skilled than Luke? Sure, but "several orders of magnitude" more skilled? I don't know about that. Bucky is certainly in far superior when it comes to speed and agility.

In the Netflix series, it was established that Luke was a law enforcement officer at one point. He was a boxer as a youth. He also fought (pre super powers) in the "gladiator" matches inside Seagate prison and beat whoever they put in front of him. WS is more skilled but Luke is no slouch.

What kind of effect would Bucky's strikes with his non metal fist and legs have on Luke? If the answer is not much, then his metal arm would be the only weapon that could do any damage to Luke and he would be essentially fighting Cage with one arm.

Quote Originally Posted by BCaeser1 View Post
    Is Bucky more skilled than Luke? Sure, but "several orders of magnitude" more skilled? I don't know about that. Bucky is certainly in far superior when it comes to speed and agility.

In the Netflix series, it was established that Luke was a law enforcement officer at one point. He was a boxer as a youth. He also fought (pre super powers) in the "gladiator" matches inside Seagate prison and beat whoever they put in front of him. WS is more skilled but Luke is no slouch.

What kind of effect would Bucky's strikes with his non metal fist and legs have on Luke? If the answer is not much, then his metal arm would be the only weapon that could do any damage to Luke and he would be essentially fighting Cage with one arm.
    Are Bucky's punches stronger than Diamondback's?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Are Bucky's punches stronger than Diamondback's?
    I'd say WS and DB might be in the same ballpark in terms of punching power, however DB has two fists that can do damage and WS only has one.

BANNED

There is one, colossal, huge difference between Diamondback and the Winter Soldier though.

Diamonback's suit gave him superhuman durability comparable to Cage's.
    Cage gives the Winter Soldier one solid punch and he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There is one, colossal, huge difference between Diamondback and the Winter Soldier though.

Diamonback's suit gave him superhuman durability comparable to Cage's.
    Cage gives the Winter Soldier one solid punch and he's out.
    I know only Bucky's arm was supposed to be cybernetic and hence superhuman. But wasn't he really taking all sorts of punishments that you would have to be superhuman to do?

Mind you, I think Cage can win this. I don't think Bucky can take a direct or a few inches short of a direct hit from a rocket from a rocket launcher. I think Cage is reasonably skilled and can take the punishment and get in enough hits to win.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I know only Bucky's arm was supposed to be cybernetic and hence superhuman. But wasn't he really taking all sorts of punishments that you would have to be superhuman to do?

Mind you, I think Cage can win this. I don't think Bucky can take a direct or a few inches short of a direct hit from a rocket from a rocket launcher. I think Cage is reasonably skilled and can take the punishment and get in enough hits to win.
    I think WS clearly has enhanced speed and durability. He has taken multiple punches from Cap and an impaired Ironman...he can take a few from Cage. Having said that, I think Cage wins fairly convincingly though.

Astonishing Member mystique of x's Avatar

Here are 15 http://screenrant.com/people-winter-...ed-characters/

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

A) That's mostly comic Winter Soldier, not MCU Winter Soldier,

B) most/all of those people are not stronger than Cage in direct melee combat (though if this was the Fox X-Men version, I guess that would depend on what JFK's mutant power was), and

C) most of those kills were assassinations or people who weren't bulletproof.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Nah, Hydra experimented on him.
    It does not go into detail but he is clearly enhanced.
    His cybernetic arm is stronger than his body, but he is very clearly superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Nah, Hydra experimented on him.
    It does not go into detail but he is clearly enhanced.
    His cybernetic arm is stronger than his body, but he is very clearly superhuman.
    Just for example, in addition to taking hits from cap, WS easily handles those long drop to the grounds, runs as fast as BP and Cap in Civil War (including running over cars from behind), catches BP by the neck mid-pounce with his normal arm while riding the motorcycle with his cybernetic one and forceably moves one of Iron Man's arms in the final fight.

All of that is beyond what MCU non-metas typically do. That plus his skill will inconvenience Cage for a while.