Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    So you are saying that Elektra hits equal to a rocket launcher?

Is this really something you want to claim?
    I'm saying her feats are rather widespread and Luke has a history of blunt force trauma to the head knocking him out.

Surely all we'd have to establish on is that Elektra can stomp with the same amount of force as a shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I'm saying her feats are rather widespread and Luke has a history of blunt force trauma to the head knocking him out.

Surely all we'd have to establish on is that Elektra can stomp with the same amount of force as a shotgun?
    No, he does not have a "well established history". It was one case, over dozens of other instances where higher forces literally do nothing to him. The shotgun is a well-established outlier, given Luke's other feats. It is inadmissible under board rules as a long showing, given Luke's other consistent feats.

No, he does not have a "well established history". It was one case, over dozens of other instances. The shotgun is a well-established outlier, given Luke's other feats. It is inadmissible under board rules as a long showing, given Luke's other consistent feats.
    And now it's two cases ... it can't be an outlier if there's obviously a trend emerging of seemingly odd occurrences of things knocking him out we wouldn't expect.

And now it's two cases ... it can't be an outlier if there's obviously a trend emerging of seemingly odd occurrences of things knocking him out we wouldn't expect.
    What feat establishes a trend? The one where you claim Elektra hits harder than Iron Fist, Diamondback and a rocket launcher?

What feat establishes a trend? The one where you claim Elektra hits harder than Iron Fist, Diamondback and a rocket launcher?
    A shotgun to the head and a Elektra foot stomp to the head, two occurrences of Luke being knocked out by thing we assumed wouldn't affect him. They can't both be outliers surely.

A shotgun to the head and a Elektra foot stomp to the head, two occurrences of Luke being knocked out by thing we assumed wouldn't affect him. They can't both be outliers surely.
    With the amount of forces Luke has took to the head higher than that (Luke was taking multiple hits to the head in the fight with Diamondback alone, who was doing things like punch Luke so hard he's sent flying and crushes the side of a car, as well as cave in people's chests). This is not counting the rocket launcher, being in the center of an exploding bar, a point-blank hit with the Iron Fist, et. al...Yes, the shotgun remains an outlier. Especially with the mitigating circumstances with Elektra. So really, only one feat. Which is invalid anyway.
    Last edited by Twickster; 08-18-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Cage in H2H

He beat Danny and was doing well against Murakami and is just much more durable than Bucky.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only named person bucky killed as WS in the movies was sitwell, and he wasn't anywhere near superhuman. everyone else was just nameless goons and mooks, not counting assassinations.
    I'm pretty sure that Tony Stark's parents have names.

So, in the case of Elektra, we have something thrown right into the story to explain how she could knock Luke out, which is something a writer tends to do when he knows something is B.S. but he wants it to happen.

We previously have a shotgun blast knocking him out but then there are a whole bunch of feats that establish that as a low showing and we know why. The name of the show was "Jessica Jones". Luke needed to be out of the way for her to be the main star of the final showdown.

Regardless, we have a direct or almost direct hit from a rocket launcher. We have Luke getting back up from a hit by the Iron Fist. We have numerous other feats of him getting sent flying and getting back up.

Did I miss the memo where we now go by low showings and explain away a bunch of high-end feats that happen more than enough to be consistent?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In combat, Howard and Maria Stark are strictly mooks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    "Dearly departed,"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah, Cage was clearly still groggy from the drug. There's literally no other way to reconcile Elektra one shotting him, despite her super strength.

Spectacular Member

I think with season 2 Luke has even better chance now, so what do you guys say?

Spectacular Member

Frankly I think he should stomp some.of the rounds.

Whether or not one takes the shotgun and the Elektra thing at face value is pretty much irrelevant, since both showings were before the power-up in Luke Cage Season 2.

In that Season, Luke straight-up no-sells Judas Bullets, the things that put him into a life-threatening situations before, and casually deflects / redirects the impact force of the Iron Fist, which previously knocked him on his ass.

Bucky stands no chance whatsoever in my opinion.