Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default MCU Winter Soldier vs Netflix Luke Cage

WS gets his standard gear. Fight takes place in an urban setting. Who wins?

I feel like WS could eventually beat Cage into a ten count. The main problem is Bucky landing enough unanswered headshot at the right angle to stun cage enough he can't really defend himself. I'd back Bucky right now simply due to the fact his fights imply he's several orders of magnitude more skilled, but he has to be careful. Luke might get more durability and I won't go down from a one-sided beating ala Diamondback in Defenders though.

Spectacular Member

Bucky's one huge disadvantage is his aggressive fighting style. While skilled, he always opts for overwhelming force. Against Luke that might cost him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I feel like WS could eventually beat Cage into a ten count. The main problem is Bucky landing enough unanswered headshot at the right angle to stun cage enough he can't really defend himself. I'd back Bucky right now simply due to the fact his fights imply he's several orders of magnitude more skilled, but he has to be careful. Luke might get more durability and I won't go down from a one-sided beating ala Diamondback in Defenders though.
    Is Bucky more skilled than Luke? Sure, but "several orders of magnitude" more skilled? I don't know about that. Bucky is certainly in far superior when it comes to speed and agility.

In the Netflix series, it was established that Luke was a law enforcement officer at one point. He was a boxer as a youth. He also fought (pre super powers) in the "gladiator" matches inside Seagate prison and beat whoever they put in front of him. WS is more skilled but Luke is no slouch.

What kind of effect would Bucky's strikes with his non metal fist and legs have on Luke? If the answer is not much, then his metal arm would be the only weapon that could do any damage to Luke and he would be essentially fighting Cage with one arm.

Quote Originally Posted by BCaeser1 View Post
    Is Bucky more skilled than Luke? Sure, but "several orders of magnitude" more skilled? I don't know about that. Bucky is certainly in far superior when it comes to speed and agility.

In the Netflix series, it was established that Luke was a law enforcement officer at one point. He was a boxer as a youth. He also fought (pre super powers) in the "gladiator" matches inside Seagate prison and beat whoever they put in front of him. WS is more skilled but Luke is no slouch.

What kind of effect would Bucky's strikes with his non metal fist and legs have on Luke? If the answer is not much, then his metal arm would be the only weapon that could do any damage to Luke and he would be essentially fighting Cage with one arm.
    Are Bucky's punches stronger than Diamondback's?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Are Bucky's punches stronger than Diamondback's?
    I'd say WS and DB might be in the same ballpark in terms of punching power, however DB has two fists that can do damage and WS only has one.

BANNED

There is one, colossal, huge difference between Diamondback and the Winter Soldier though.

Diamonback's suit gave him superhuman durability comparable to Cage's.
    Cage gives the Winter Soldier one solid punch and he's out.

Astonishing Member mystique of x's Avatar

WS has way more experience then Luke Cage. And he has killed people more powerful then cage

Quote Originally Posted by mystique of x View Post
    WS has way more experience then Luke Cage. And he has killed people more powerful then cage
    Who would that be.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member mystique of x's Avatar

Here are 15 http://screenrant.com/people-winter-...ed-characters/

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

A) That's mostly comic Winter Soldier, not MCU Winter Soldier,

B) most/all of those people are not stronger than Cage in direct melee combat (though if this was the Fox X-Men version, I guess that would depend on what JFK's mutant power was), and

C) most of those kills were assassinations or people who weren't bulletproof.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    A) That's mostly comic Winter Soldier, not MCU Winter Soldier,

B) most/all of those people are not stronger than Cage in direct melee combat (though if this was the Fox X-Men version, I guess that would depend on what JFK's mutant power was), and

C) most of those kills were assassinations or people who weren't bulletproof.
    the only named person bucky killed as WS in the movies was sitwell, and he wasn't anywhere near superhuman. everyone else was just nameless goons and mooks, not counting assassinations.

spoilers:

So Defenders had a Luke VS Danny fight. It was basically Luke no selling everything Danny tried while Danny dodged around him. Luke only really landed shots when Danny was in the middle of hitting him. When Danny brought out the iron fist, he was able to send Luke flying down an alleyway and into a shutter door. It hurt Luke but he got back up.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only named person bucky killed as WS in the movies was sitwell, and he wasn't anywhere near superhuman. everyone else was just nameless goons and mooks, not counting assassinations.
    I'm pretty sure that Tony Stark's parents have names.