Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Linda Danvers (Supergirl) Appreciation Thread

I've had Linda on the brain quite a bit lately and was surprised to find she didn't have an appreciation thread. So here we go!

With how much of a juggernaut Kara has become, the odds of us seeing Linda again anytime soon sadly seem slim. But with all the other characters who've come back against great odds, I see no reason to count Linda out completely.

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and appreciation of an amazing character who for many of us was, is and always will be, the best Supergirl.

For obvious reasons, discussion of Matrix is also welcome here.

Have fun!

danvers 1.jpg

lel.jpg

danvers 2.jpg

Incredible Member

I think Linda could definitely come back with a little tweaking here and there.

Personally, I'd go a similar route with the Linda/Matrix merge (Linda having the superpowered form, powers, so on), but her superpowered ID is "Galatea".

BANNED

I would have comeback for helping finding her daughter,OR merge with cir-el,origin and powers.

I liked her as matrix and Linda,and she was probably my favorite female hero at the time easily when she lost the angel powers and had just the psi blast and wore the animated outfit.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

BANNED

I know that is not Linda,but she did get the inspiration for her outfit from there

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Great character. I loved the Leesburg supporting cast as well. Really a shame that she's been completely ignored (Reign in Hell doesn't count) since 2003.

Extraordinary Member

I reviewed a lot of the series issue by issue on the Classic Comics forum, and made this little tribute when I finished the first arc after issue 9.

I really wish she was still canon. She could had been Supergirl before Kara and retired now and could even be Kara's adopted/foster cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I really wish she was still canon. She could had been Supergirl before Kara and retired now and could even be Kara's adopted/foster cousin.
    Daftest ending of a top notch series ever (there have been dafter endings of crap series, of course).

Linda had a kid out there in the multiverse. She might have quit being a super hero because it all got too difficult (and personally I doubt even that)...but she would have searched tirelessly for the kid.

I loved the comic where Bizarro somehow summons ALL the Supergirls! Kara Zor-El, Karen Zor-L, Linda Danvers, Cir-El, and even the original Supergirl! Yes, the first character to ever die of Kryptonite poisoning! He somehow managed to bring her to help.... It was neat seeing the combination of them as a contrast of how they looked compared to each other. They'd never been all drawn by the same artist before.

Last edited by marhawkman; 08-09-2017 at 03:52 AM.

I proposed an idea for how Linda would be depicted if brought back. Please let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Linda Danvers is the first successful attempt at creating an artificial angel. She exists in the Shimmering City, a plane of existence that cannot be detected by humans. Linda is the result of an attempt by Jeremiah Danvers to bring back his long dead daughter. But rather than a product of mysticism, she is a result of Jeremiah’s science and some help from the 5th Dimensional Imp Mister Mxyzptlk.
    Inspired by Kazakiri Hyouka of A Certain Magical Index.

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...azakiri_Hyouka

Mxy is meh. But the idea of someone doing weird superscience/magic is solid

Great thread I've discovered PAD's Supergirl very recently, but I've already read half of it and it's spectacular.
    It's a real shame the character hasn't been used much since.

For me, the best way to bring her back would be by keeping the supernatural connections, as that's what would set her apart from Kara and the rest of the superfamily.
    Action Comics should become a team book like Detective, so they could reintroduce (or refocus on) fan-favorites like Linda and Conner like they did with Tim, Steph, Azrael etc.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar