Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is it? I seem to remember Lucy Lane using that name.
    Now this is a big question, and probably why the writers haven't bothered. you need to find a reason to take a non-Kryptonian and connect them to Superman.
    About 10 years ago she was, pre-flashpoint. Unless something's changed in the last year in a comic I haven't read she hasn't been superewoman since then. The last superwoman was Lana Lang, whose series ended a while ago. Haven't seen Lana around in a while either.

I don't think that's the reason she hasn't been used. It's a combination of editorial mandate - at least from the era when Didio was in charge, and a feeling that she wouldn't sell even though her series sold as well as anything of Kara's many series have over the last 15 years. The writers probably also have a general lack of interest in writing her. If there was a fan campaign like there was for Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain she might have a chance.

If we here can come up with a bunch of ideas for how she could fit into the Superman mythos, from her merging with a Kryptonian deity to her working primarily with Kara to the original pre-flashpoint Linda just showing up with Ariella in tow, then the professionals can certainly find ways.

Yeah the original connection between Matrix and Superman was that she was some sort of experiment in creating a super-being. Which works as an origin as long as Superman is somehow part of her becoming a hero.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

In today's DC's solicits they had this really cool statue for next June. I want!!!

DC-Designer-Series-Supergirl-Artgerm-v1.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake