Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

They don't need to reboot the character or even change her origins, though they can do both. What they need is to have an interest in her, and there are no signs that anyone currently involved in the line does, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They're def unique. coolest thing she ever did with them was smothering a fire. She just absorbed the flames into her wings. Poof! no more housefire!
    Last edited by marhawkman; 08-11-2017 at 04:57 AM.

I think they should bring her back and have her absorb the Flamebird entity and go by that name.

It would go well with the flaming wings and flame vision. And since the Flamebird entity is a Kryptonian religious figure it would be a good way to explore Krypton's culture and theology, separate her from Kara and give her a unique role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    a unique role.
    Bette Kane may be Hawkfire now, but she was still Flamebird for an awful long time.

Extraordinary Member

Are people interested in seeing more 'episodes' from that fanfic? It's almost 2 years old, so there are a few other 'episodes.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They're def unique. coolest thing she ever did with them was smothering a fire. She just absorbed the flames into her wings. Poof! no more housefire!
    She could also "snuff out" a fire with her psi blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    I think they should bring her back and have her absorb the Flamebird entity and go by that name.

It would go well with the flaming wings and flame vision. And since the Flamebird entity is a Kryptonian religious figure it would be a good way to explore Krypton's culture and theology, separate her from Kara and give her a unique role.
    That was one of the ideas I just brought up,and I think it could work really well with fans of the PAD run,who likes matrix/Linda that way best.i like all 4 versions(matrix,merger,golden age only,and then psi blasts restored versions).

Kon and Linda were rumored to be Nightwing and flamebird at the beginning of the new krypton story,so this has some history.

And NO i don't want Kon to be Nightwing before anybody says it.

Extraordinary Member

My preffered way of bringing her back would be to have her history largely intact, including her daughter. And the fact that she had the angle of also being partially raised by the Kents gives her a sibling angle with Superman I'd like to see more of. Introducing her for the first time seems like a bit of a waste with most of the post-crisis history restored, so why not Clark and Linda's relationship as well. And I think Jon opens the door to bring her daughter Ariella in as well. He could use another half-kryptonian his own age to play with.

I'd jump for joy no matter how Linda was reintroduced, but I'd prefer having her relationship with Clark already built in than hope the writers can build it up again properly from scratch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    My preffered way of bringing her back would be to have her history largely intact, including her daughter. And the fact that she had the angle of also being partially raised by the Kents gives her a sibling angle with Superman I'd like to see more of. Introducing her for the first time seems like a bit of a waste with most of the post-crisis history restored, so why not Clark and Linda's relationship as well. And I think Jon opens the door to bring her daughter Ariella in as well. He could use another half-kryptonian his own age to play with.

I'd jump for joy no matter how Linda was reintroduced, but I'd prefer having her relationship with Clark already built in than hope the writers can build it up again properly from scratch.
    Bringing back characters with their history in tact is always the dream, especially with how botched plenty of new introductions and re-tellings of stories have been. Sadly, it also isn't the approach DC seems to like to go with for their erased characters. (Connor Hawke is coming back next year and I can pretty much guarantee that he won't have his history in tact.)

And yes, Ariella is a lot of fun, and like all the erased kids, I'd like her brought into the fold.

Extraordinary Member

Think I'll try something a bit different. Instead of posting an entire episode, I'll post bits at a time and complete the episode over the course of a few days. So here's the beginning of episode 2.

Sirens are heard as two police cars chase another car through the streets of Leesburg at night.

The camera zooms out from the chase to show a red cape fluttering in the wind high above the town.

The car is then shown making a sharp turn. The driver screams like a thrill seeker as the passenger looks behind them to be sure the cops aren't gaining.

The driver continues to act like he's having the thrill of his life when he hears something knocking on the window. He sees Supergirl flying next to his car. He and his partner look at each other in surprise, and then he lowers the window slightly.

“Sorry.” Supergirl says. “Just making sure you two are wearing your seat-belts.” She falls behind the car, and the crooks look at each other again.

The passenger is the first to turn his attention back to the road. “Watch out!” he yells, pointing ahead of them.

Supergirl is standing in the middle of the street, directly in their path. She holds her hands on her hips.

The driver, to the passenger's horror, screams again and steps on the accelerator. The car speeds towards the superhero.

Supergirl does not flinch as the car bears down on her. She holds out one hand and the car slams into it. The crooks are thrown forward in their seat-belts as their car is violently stopped.

The police cars stop shortly behind the crooks' car and the officers get out with their guns drawn.

Supergirl smiles and salutes the officers before flying straight up. They stare after her.

Fade into the opening credits.

CS

A stack of papers is slammed onto the desk Cutter Sharp is standing in front of.

“I'm telling you,” Cutter tells his editor, “Linda Danvers is alive. I saw her being pulled out of the emergency room.”

The editor looks annoyed. “And you expect me to run the story based on your word alone? Neither the hospital nor the police would confirm that Linda Danvers was admitted, and her parents threatened to sue us when we tried to contact them.”

Cutter leans forward and puts his hands on the desk. “Don't you see? They're covering it up! There's a huge story here!”

The editor bangs his fist on his desk. “That's enough! I don't want to hear any ghost stories or conspiracy theories without proof!” He points at Cutter. “You're already past deadline. Now finish the story you were assigned at get out of my sight!”

Cutter looks dejected. “Yes, sir.”

CS

Fred Danvers is livid.

“How could you let this happen?!” he screams at the hospital's director and head of security. Behind him Mattie is trying to comfort a sobbing Sylvia.

“Mr. Danvers,” PJ interjects, “please calm down.”

“No, I will not calm down!” Fred screams at him. “My daughter is out there alone, without her memories, and it's your fault!” He points at the director as he screams the last line.

The hospital director has had enough of Fred's accusations. “We don't know how she opened the window and got out. That will have to be investigated. Right now our priority has to be finding her again. And unless I'm mistaken, both of those tasks are your department, not mine.”

Fred grabs the director's coat. “If anything happens to my daughter, I'll see you in court.”

PJ grans Fred's arm. “Fred, don't do something you're going to regret.”

Fred sighs and lets go of the director's coat and goes back to his wife. The director and the head of security leave, with the director making hand motions to tell his head of security that he thinks Fred is crazy.

Sylvia fights back another sob and tells Fred “I've been thinking. Maybe I should go back to the television station and make another appeal. Maybe someone's seen her.”

“No.” Fred says firmly. “We've already got an APB out. But we don't know if there are more of those cultists out there. If there are, and they find out that Linda's on the street, they might try to take her again.”

Sylvia breaks down and hugs Fred. “What did we do to deserve this?” she begs.

“Nothing.” Fred assures her, now crying himself. “We didn't do anything.”

Mattie puts her hand on Sylvia's shoulder. “Hey. Linda'll turn up. You'll see. She's tough.”

“Mattie's probably right.” PJ assures them. “In the meantime you two had better get home. You both need to rest, and Linda's a lot more likely to go home than to come back here.”

Fred nods. “Thank you, PJ.”

The two men hug and Fred and Sylvia leave.

“So,” PJ asks Mattie, “how was your day at school?”

“I got detention because of you.” Mattie answers.

PJ shakes his head and smiles slightly. “Still can't wait for the bell to ring before checking your text messages, can you?”

BANNED

Linda/matrix needs her history of she ever comes back,I love her crazy history,it makes her interesting and I like HER,not just the "concept" of her.

Extraordinary Member

Continuing episode 2
    Fred and Sylvia are preparing for bed. Fred sighs sadly as he lies down. Sylvia goes to the window, closes her eyes, and starts to pray.

As Sylvia prays the camera pulls out from the window and across the street, showing Linda standing on the sidewalk. She is in her brunette form, but still wearing the Supergirl costume.

Linda is nervously mouthing what she would tell her parents if they were together. Her practicing isn't going well.

Linda gets frustrated and looks like she is about to cry. She holds up a hand towards her parents' bedroom and starts to take a step forward.

A siren blares in the distance, causing Linda to turn her head.

Sylvia finishes her prayers and opens her eyes. For a second she seems to see something across the street, but the camera shows that the street is empty.

The camera pulls away from the house, and we see the bedroom light go out.

CS

Buzz, still in his black trench coat, is walking through the streets the next morning. He stops at a news stand and picks up a newspaper.

Buzz turns the page and sees the headline Supegirl Survives Warehouse Explosion. He smiles and puts the newspaper in one of the large pockets of his trench coat.

Buzz starts whistling 'Pop goes the Weasel' as he walks away.

CS

Three men in ski masks are holding up a jewelry store.

“That's it!” the leader says as his colleagues grab as much jewelry as they can. “Take everything!” He holds the store employees as well as the costumers against the wall at gunpoint.

“All right.” he says when the other crooks have gathered as many jewels as they can carry. He addresses the frightened civilians. “We thank you for your cooperation.”

“It's always nice to meet a polite crook. They're really a rarity.”

The crooks turn to see Supergirl standing in the doorway. She holds out her hand. “Now the polite thing to do would be to hand over your weapons.”

The leader turns his gun on Supergirl and fires several shots at her. All of the bullets bounce off of her chest.

Supergirl looks down at her chest and then back at the leader. She tilts her head slightly. “Really?” she asks.

Suddenly Supergirl is standing inches in front of the leader. She grabs his gun and crushes it in one hand without ever taking her eyes off of his face.

“Really?” she asks again.

CS

Cutter throws the morning paper in the garbage and grumbles to himself as he gets into his car. He turns on some rap music on the radio and moves his head to the beat as he drives.

While stopped at a red light Cutter sees two men in red cloaks taking a small child into the back of a green van. He immediately turns the radio off and pulls out his cell phone.

“911?” Cutter says into his phone. “I've got an emergency. I think I just saw that cult that's been murdering those people kidnap a kid. Their in a big green van, pulling away from the corner of Maple Street and Wanda Lee Drive....Please hurry. With my luck I'm gonna get a ticket for talking on my phone while driving.”

Cutter puts the phone down and starts to follow the van. “Then again,” he says to himself, “there might be a hell of a story here.”

Cutter continues to follow the van as it goes through an older section of town and turns onto a narrow, one way street.

Suddenly the van stops, forcing Cutter to step on the brakes to avoid crashing into it. Immediately another van comes up behind him, boxing him in.

“****!” Cutter curses.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” Buzz says as he approaches Cutter's car. “Someone who wants to play hero?”

Cutter makes an 'eek' face where his mouth opens wide horizontally but not vertically.

“No, no.” Cutter opens his briefcase and takes out his pen and notebook. “I'm-I'm a reporter, just looking for a story.” Cutter gives a fake laugh. “Would you be willing to do an interview?”

Buzz lights a cigarette. “Oh, we can do better than that.”

“You can?” Cutter asks.

“Oh yes.” Buzz takes the cigarette out of his mouth and grins. “How would you like to have some first-hand experience?”
    I loved that first scene where Linda is outside her parents' house. It was a 'filler' scene to make the episode a little longer, but I was on the verge of tears when I was writing it.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone here remember the Team Superman book from 1998, the 1 where Linda, Connor, and Steel protect Metropolis in Superman's absence? It's a pretty interesting look into the personalities of all 3 characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Does anyone here remember the Team Superman book from 1998, the 1 where Linda, Connor, and Steel protect Metropolis in Superman's absence? It's a pretty interesting look into the personalities of all 3 characters.
    Yeah, I really dug that.