Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Before the whole continuity changes and reboots, I feel that Linda should have been first in line to have the Superwoman name and ID instead of what they did with Lucy Lane as Superwoman.

BANNED

You know, I kinda think a Linda book focusing on the supernatural side of things would work well as a Young Animal book. Obviously not preferable to her re-joining the Super-Verse, but I'd take it so long as the stories were interesting and the writer knew Linda's character.

BANNED

Linda should be Superwoman,not Lana
    She should be looking for her daughter
    Wear the same suit from her series at the end
    Half the physical might of a Kryptonian,but has a psi blast that packs a SUPER punch
    She lost her earth born angel powers,but maybe she could gain access to them again in extreme moments

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Half the physical might of a Kryptonian,but has a psi blast that packs a SUPER punch
    She lost her earth born angel powers,but maybe she could gain access to them again in extreme moments
    I agree with this. Although I think there are maybe too many superheroes with kids in the DCU now. Maybe Ariella should just be...gone. But I want Linda back.

BANNED

Sounds like a good set-up to me. (Although I'd still keep the earth angel stuff in focus)

Quote Originally Posted by TruthAndJustice View Post
    Although I think there are maybe too many superheroes with kids in the DCU now. Maybe Ariella should just be...gone.
    Nope. No one's ever said, "There are too many heroes without kids in the DCU". Besides, there really aren't that many right now, and in fact, there are TONS I still want back. Plus, Ariella is awesome (Either she or Cir-El are my second favorite Supergirl after Linda) and after all this time, Linda deserves to be with her daughter.

BANNED

Linda's series ended on a sad note,to bring her back with her daughter would be the ultimate welcome back to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Nope. No one's ever said, "There are too many heroes without kids in the DCU". Besides, there really aren't that many right now, and in fact, there are TONS I still want back. Plus, Ariella is awesome (Either she or Cir-El are my second favorite Supergirl after Linda) and after all this time, Linda deserves to be with her daughter.
    I don't get the Cir-El love. That character was around for, like, five minutes.

When Superman and Batman already have kids, that's probably enough. I really doubt that Wally (Flash, not Kid Flash) will ever remember his kids again, that Roy Harper will remember Lian, etc. Kids tend to draw attention to the fact that superheroes never age all that much -- or at least some do while others don't, which is confusing. (Kitty Pryde is an adult now while Franklin Richards still isn't a teenager. Math problem.)

I mean, how old would Ariella be now?

BANNED

I don't get the Cir-El love. That character was around for, like, five minutes.
    My second favorite superhero of all time appeared in less than 20 comics. Impact and quality are what matter. And I feel Cir-El succeeded in those regards. She's no Linda, not even close, but I do still like her and Ariella just a bit more than Matrix*, and all of whom I like better than Kara, who I loathe.

*BTW, when I say "Linda", I'm referring to the fusion, and when I say "Matrix" I'm referring to Matrix on her own. Just in case that wasn't clear.

When Superman and Batman already have kids, that's probably enough.
    That's just your opinion.

I really doubt that Wally (Flash, not Kid Flash) will ever remember his kids again, that Roy Harper will remember Lian, etc.
    HA! Love that the examples you used are ones which we have reason to think might return. Williamson's reaction when I asked him about Iris and Jai seemed to indicate that there are plans for them, while Percy has left the door wide open for Lian to return in Green Arrow. Also, I freaking love these characters. Iris and Jai are two of my favorite members of the Flash Family (By which I mean I like them more than the Quicks, Barry and NuWally) and heroes in general, while Lian is just a ball of adorable who you have to be soulless not to love, and additionally, she's makes Roy's character INFINITELY better. Without her, he'd be a LONG way off from my 4th favorite superhero.

Kids tend to draw attention to the fact that superheroes never age all that much -- or at least some do while others don't, which is confusing.
    That's just it though. It doesn't MATTER anymore. There is so much haywire with these timelines that kids wouldn't complicate things any further.

I mean, how old would Ariella be now?
    However old the writer using her would want her to be in Rebirth continuity. It's not that big a deal with all the shenanigans going on right now.

Extraordinary Member

To me, Superman having Jon is even more of a reason to bring Ariella back along with Linda. It gives both of them someone around their own age/power level to interact with.

The real question comes down to bringing back the old version of the character as opposed to reintroducing her a la Stephanie Brown or Cass Cain. If the old Linda comes back from where she left at the end of her series, than bringing Ariella with her is a must. If she's reintroduced as a completely new version, then I'd be more concerned about retaining the characters that made her series so good, her parents, Cutter Sharpe, Maddie, ect.

BANNED

Linda/matrix would need a good Rebirth/Reborn before showing up

Linda/matrix would need a good Rebirth/Reborn before showing up
    Well, Matrix would. Not so hard. She was created by Luthor to be a rival to Superman under his control but she turned out to be far more uncontrollable and independent-minded than he expected. Just get rid of the whole "pocket universe" bit and it's a simple origin.

BANNED

Well, Matrix would. Not so hard. She was created by Luthor to be a rival to Superman under his control but she turned out to be far more uncontrollable and independent-minded than he expected. Just get rid of the whole "pocket universe" bit and it's a simple origin.

True,but Reborn didn't shy away from the past,just add to it (besides a couple things of course),so matrix could be the creation of a good lex from a different reality easy.

Course I would change it up myself also,and have lex do experiments on humans with Kryptonian DNA.linda could be a unsuspecting guinea pig and come out the other side with golden age physical powers,but with psikinesis,which means psi blasts,flight,force fields, levitation,and invisibility.

This way it's lex,has linda,and gives her the powerset she ended her series with.

Extraordinary Member

Reading the current Action arc and Jor-El's arguments about how humanity is irredeemable, as well as some other language he used in today's issue, I feel this is another point where Linda could be brought back to good effect. She's the Super-family's best example of a bad person who was redeemed and became a good person, and could serve as a good counterpoint to Jor-El. And Jor-El made it sound like the larger threat is something up her alley.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Reading the current Action arc and Jor-El's arguments about how humanity is irredeemable, as well as some other language he used in today's issue, I feel this is another point where Linda could be brought back to good effect. She's the Super-family's best example of a bad person who was redeemed and became a good person, and could serve as a good counterpoint to Jor-El. And Jor-El made it sound like the larger threat is something up her alley.
    Not reading Action (Save for the upcoming arc with Booster) but I hope you're on to something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

To play devil's advocate here for a second,Linda wasnt really redeemed as much as she merged with a person who was SUPER,and she became a better person after the merging and learned to be better.

Either way I loved Matrix and I loved Linda,and I want them back hitting ppl with her psi blast being badass