Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    1.) Gwen's on the bridge, she falls, and Peter saves her. She's still not waking up. But not dead. Peter and Norman still fight at the warehouse and Norman still dies.
    The bridge scene was only conceived as a way to kill off Gwen. If they didn't decide to kill off Gwen then they wouldn't have told that story.

They only killed off Norman Osborn as poetic justice for having murdered Gwen. If they didn't kill off Gwen they wouldn't have had any reason to kill off Norman.

10.) It's turns out after the wedding day, It wasnt Gwen he was living with, But her Clone. This is the Clone Saga. Warren kidnapped her on their wedding night. and used the Clone to trick Peter into thinking he was with Gwen. Jackal again "dies" and Peter and Gwen are reunited.
    11.) Next big change is The Twins show up. (remember I said she had memory loss) Here Gwen has to deal with her "Sins Past", and This is where Norman returns.
    The idea of Jackal creating a clone of Gwen Stacy was a result of Stan Lee telling Gerry Conway to bring her back to life. If she was never killed off, then Jackal wouldn't be creating clones.

If Gwen was never killed off then JMS would never have come up with the long-lost-children idea.
    Last edited by Lee; 08-08-2017 at 09:08 PM.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

I wasnt talking about the behind the scenes reason things happen thou. I meant it to be taken as still Gwen living the Marvel universe and it's effects. Yes in the real world these thing wouldn't of happen with out Gwen dying. But i was saying how I think things would of went with Gwen alive and these events happened. Cause if this was real. she'd still of slept with Norman and had his kids, Warren still would of been unhinged bout her, and ext. or you know may post was a big joke about how MJ is Peter's one true love and not Gwen. :P
    Last edited by powerpackers90; 08-08-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh for sure. The relationship between Gwen and her father was very well done in that era. I really think when Captain Stacy died it was the beginning of the end for Gwen, as it kind of ruined all this development.
    Well, it obviously took her some time, but after coming back from London, she seemed to be doing just fine:

asm106.jpg

Astonishing Member

I wasnt talking about the behind the scenes reason things happen thou. I meant it to be taken as still Gwen living the Marvel universe and it's effects. Yes in the real world these thing wouldn't of happen with out Gwen dying. But i was saying how I think things would of went with Gwen alive and these events happened. Cause if this was real. she'd still of slept with Norman and had his kids, Warren still would of been unhinged bout her, and ext. or you know may post was a big joke about how MJ is Peter's one true love and not Gwen. :P
    The OP phrased it as a "real world" question.

I have given this topic some more thought.

Adding to what I already wrote and adding more "What ifs" to the piling what ifs that we will never be able to answer but only speculated.

First off again the conditions that Gwen lives in a behind the scenes way:

A: On of the reasons she was select to die I think was because at the time they couldn't get her to work the way they wanted. They tried to make her more like MJ including her looks. Later on other writers were able to learn and instead make other Gwens different from MJ and Peter yet offer something and feel like a perfect fit in the trio adding something the other two might not offer. Plus also make sure the friendship and bonds of the three were there.

So let's say in some real world AU the writer and/or artist came up with a great idea and was able to make the trio work. That each character offer up something special and fit and a huge part of the cast and independently strong character/charazation beloved by fans equally yet the interactions and friendships also cruitrual.

Let me look back to two gals who came from the comics of old and still used and beloved by many who was first made to be apart of a cast and fought over a guy but in time earn their own indepent followers, has gained character developments, their own adventures, and so much more: Betty and Veronica.

Betty and Veronica were love interests and fought for Archie BUT each one had their own style/talents also. In time both gals were showcase to be strong independently but unstoppable and even more lovable when together. Both had changes and character developments and many times in their adventures Archie wasn't needed to have a strong and wonderful tale. The recent series Betty and Veronica didn't need Archie (he was as important as the rest of the other cast).

If somehow Gwen and MJ had succeeded and had the same level of success, growth, and able to have great tales that didn't rely on having Peter then not only would Gwen might still be living but the words 'Gwen and MJ' would've been truly synonymous with 'Betty and Veronica' including possibly their own character independent (planed short term but possible extension if done well) series and spoils.

The "Spider-man girlfriends: Gwen and MJ" series then "Spider-man: Gwen and MJ" then "Gwen and MJ" The series having different writers handling different topics and types of storytelling and artists.

Character studies and day in the life of tales,

See how rivalry transformed into true friendship/sisterhood. How Peter's constant disappearances left MJ and Gwen spending time together growing closer than they thought possible.

Drama (Peter goes to Canada/space because of the Bugle and/or for Spider-man business and just as Peter leaves MJ's abusive father Phillip returns causing MJ great distress and pain. Despite using heavy makeup to cover the wounds that successfully tricks everybody Gwen sees thue them and making a plan with MJ comes up with a way to make sure Philip Watson doesn't comeback for a long time or is locked away by her dad and says with the Stacys till the trial is over),

Comedy (a Tale written by Chip Zdarsky or Ryan North where Gwen makes a science experiment just as MJ comes in with a box set of "Game of Crowns" planning to binge watch with her best friend Gwen when things go wrong and both Gwen and MJ get sent to Weirdworld and play out for 4 issues a parody/adventure of Game of Thrones as Gwen and Mj try to survive, get home, ride dragons, and beat Morgan Le Fey's apprentice witch to get home),

Adventure: Spider-man/Peter is down... Gwen and MJ step on up (Parody Variant cover with Gwen wearing Luigi outfit and MJ wearing Mario outfit hopping over blasts from Goblin Menace with Spider-man dangling behind from a web wearing a princess crown),

Many more:
    "Gwen and MJ meets/VS Betty and Veronica"
    "Mary Jane's big sister Gayle meets Gwen's cousin Jill battling for the love of Forbush-Man!" (they both exist in the 616 but so rarely used or mentioned)!
    Last edited by AngelJD; 08-10-2017 at 09:07 PM.

BANNED

I see you're into variations that could be made to the current Marvel continuity, what do you think of this one?

Peter would have married Gwen, and found out she had children to Norman Osborn. Then divorce I'd think.

But seriously? Peter and Gwen doesn't work. I don't know about anyone else, but Stan and Romita made a real mess out of Gwen that couldn't be retrieved. Gwen was going to hit a wall and could never marry Peter, the way she was written. She was a mess, and JMS made sure of it. Peter carried a torch for a Gwen concept, but not the reality.

If Peter married Gwen, Peter would have committed suicide. That chick sabotaged their relationship and would have done the same to their marriage. Hell, she was having sex with Spider-Man and his worst enemy. It all makes sense how Gwen behaved around Peter. Osborn poisoned her towards Spider-Man and Peter couldn't do anything without Gwen blackmailing him about never mentioning Spider-Man.

If you could get an alternative reality with no Osborns, then maybe Gwen and Peter could have a happy marriage.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-20-2017 at 06:50 AM.