View Poll Results: Poll II: Who were your favorite Justice Society members after the Golden Age?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman (Clark Kent / Kal-L)

26 26.80%
  • Batman (Bruce Wayne)

16 16.49%
  • Red Tornado (Ma Hunkel) #1

11 11.34%
  • Wildcat (Ted Grant)

55 56.70%
  • Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane)

19 19.59%
  • Robin (Dick Grayson)

31 31.96%
  • Red Tornado (later named "John Smith) #2

14 14.43%
  • Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton)

24 24.74%
  • Power Girl (Karen Starr / Kara Zor-L)

59 60.82%
  • Huntress (Helena Wayne)

45 46.39%
  • Miss America (Joan Dale / later Joan Dale Trevor; 1st retconned replacement for Wonder Woman)

7 7.22%
  • Hawkgirl (Shiera Sanders Hall)

38 39.18%
  • Hippolyta (2nd retconned replacement for Wonder Woman)

22 22.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

I've been a huge fan of the Earth-2 versions of Superman & Robin ever since they appeared as members of the JSA. I'd love to see both characters appear in modern time
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Kal-L
    Power Girl
    Huntress
    Batman
    Robin
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    However, this thread / poll isn't for all Golden Age / Earth-2 characters. This thread / poll (which is Part II in a series of polls / threads) deals with certain heroes that were in the Justice Society of America during a specific span of time.

Well, sine this thread isn't titled simply "Justice Society: Who are your favorite members from all time?", one might think about what the "Poll II" and "1961-1999" parts of the title mean.
    And, as mentioned in the original post,Now, if you've never happened to create a poll on this forum, you also may not be aware that there is a limit of 15 options available. Since I wanted to create polls about which members people like, breaking down the 77 year history of the Justice Society of America in to smaller sections seemed the more reasonable way to go.
    Well, see, that's the kicker. I guess I am not a real fan because I don't know dates as to when people joined the JSA. My apologies.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Well, see, that's the kicker. I guess I am not a real fan because I don't know dates as to when people joined the JSA. My apologies.
    You don't have to be a real fan to know any of that, Joe. However, the Major gave the parameters for the poll and they don't include everyone (which is fine by me). A later all-encompassing poll might, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    You don't have to be a real fan to know any of that, Joe. However, the Major gave the parameters for the poll and they don't include everyone (which is fine by me). A later all-encompassing poll might, though.
    Golly, does CBR now allow polls with more than fifteen choices?

(If so, please tell me how to do that.)

Golly, does CBR now allow polls with more than fifteen choices?

(If so, please tell me how to do that.)
    Just take the 13 most popular from your polls and set the new poll up accordingly.

EDIT: Currently, I believe there are exactly 13 JSA'ers that have at least 35% of the vote.

Just take the 13 most popular from your polls and set the new poll up accordingly.

EDIT: Currently, I believe there are exactly 13 JSA'ers that have at least 35% of the vote.
    That's not exactly the same thing, though . . .

That's not exactly the same thing, though . . .
    Is it perfect? No. Is it better than nothing? Most certainly yes.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than nothing? Most certainly yes.
    Then how come you're not the one making the new poll?

Then how come you're not the one making the new poll?
    Because mods usually don't? I'm pretty sure someone else here could handle it if you don't want to, though.

Are there any actual stories with Miss America as a member of the JSA? I would be interested to read one, as this was one of those very underdeveloped retcons that was probably doomed from the start, but had some story potential. Her power set is very interesting and unique for a Golden Age female hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    Are there any actual stories with Miss America as a member of the JSA? I would be interested to read one, as this was one of those very underdeveloped retcons that was probably doomed from the start, but had some story potential. Her power set is very interesting and unique for a Golden Age female hero.
    I don't know if there actually are.
    At the time Roy Thomas was using her as a Wonder Woman replacement, the "modern-day" JSA was removed from existence, off fighting a never-ending Ragnarök in another dimension.
    Miss America's retconned presence with the JSA back in the 1940s may have been confined to occasional usage in Roy's Young All-Stars, the successor title to All-Star Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Don't apologize.

Next time, just read at least the original post to see what someone wants to set up a discussion about, then you can add your own post based on that information.
    There are limits on how long a thread's title can be, so the thread's creator may not be able to spell out everything in the title.

I don't know if there actually are.
    At the time Roy Thomas was using her as a Wonder Woman replacement, the "modern-day" JSA was removed from existence, off fighting a never-ending Ragnarök in another dimension.
    Miss America's retconned presence with the JSA back in the 1940s may have been confined to occasional usage in Roy's Young All-Stars, the successor title to All-Star Squadron.
    Yes, I meant stories set in WWII. I only remember her in this role I think in Infinity, Inc but only just referencing the past. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    Yes, I meant stories set in WWII. I only remember her in this role I think in Infinity, Inc but only just referencing the past. Ah well.
    As I mentioned, DC back then didn't really seem to have a lot of love for the Golden Age heroes and their adventures.
    They tried to write-off / eliminate the original JSA right after CoIE, and when those heroes were brought back a few years later, they were given a series that DC pulled the plug on after less than 12 issues, only to try and kill most of them off with Zero Hour.

Replacing the original Golden Age / Earth-2 Wonder Woman didn't seem like a priority for management. Roy Thomas first planned to use the newly-introduced "Golden Age" Fury as her replacement, including making her the retconned mother of the Lyta Trevor-Fury in Infinity Inc. But the only time I'm aware of a reference to her replacing Golden Age Wonder Woman as a JSA member was in a poster for a proposed JSA movie in an issue of Infinity Inc.

After that, Roy went with making Miss America the replacement for Wonder Woman in the retconned JSA, but then let Miss America marry a Derek Trevor and they became the adoptive parents for Lyta Trevor.

I'm not sure how many other writers would have been interested in writing a JSA story set in the 1940s using Miss America instead of the Golden Age Wonder Woman back then, nor how likely it would be for DC's editors then to give it approval.

Eventually, when John Byrne took over the Wonder Woman title (and when Lyta Trevor was no longer around in stories), Hippolyta wound up going back in time to become the retconned Golden Age Wonder Woman.