Default Is my SDCC Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen poster a counterfeit?

Just got it off eBay and the resolution of the drawing is a little on the lower side, mostly visible around the edges. In the images below you can see how the edges are a bit squiggly, not as crisp as I am used to. From a normal distance it isn't noticeable but from a few inches it stands out. Shipping address is from San Diego so it's probably authentic but I'm not finding many people online talking about the poster.

I'm just looking for someone who may have actually been at SDCC to tell me what their poster looks like. Is the artwork super crisp like Mignola's normal artwork or does it look just slightly less than that? I saw a photo of Mignola signing a huge stack of them. Mine isn't signed. Were all of them at SDCC signed?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Example images:

http://i.imgur.com/6kzRRcp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/liyxX32.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DannyBoy7783; 08-02-2017 at 05:58 PM.

I was at SDCC and they were handing out unsigned Hellboy movie posters at the Dark Horse booth. Then there are the posters that were pre-signed by Mike which you needed to get a wristband for to attend the David Harbour signing. I have both versions. From what I can tell, the unsigned posters are a little bit cheaper paper and more glossy. I'll have to get them out and see if I notice this clarity issue you are referring to.

What are the dimensions of your poster?
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 08-02-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I was at SDCC and they were handing out unsigned Hellboy movie posters at the Dark Horse booth. Then there are the posters that were pre-signed by Mike which you needed to get a wristband for to attend the David Harbour signing. I have both versions. From what I can tell, the unsigned posters are a little bit cheaper paper and more glossy. I'll have to get them out and see if I notice this clarity issue you are referring to.

What are the dimensions of your poster?
    Mine does appear to be a little bit glossier than the one in the photo I linked above where Mignola is signing them. Th eBay auction says it is 27x40.

If it's 27x40 that looks pretty normal to me. You blow up line art like that, you see the unevenness on the pen/brush work.

You're used to seeing the work smaller than it was drawn. This is much much larger than it was drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If it's 27x40 that looks pretty normal to me. You blow up line art like that, you see the unevenness on the pen/brush work.

You're used to seeing the work smaller than it was drawn. This is much much larger than it was drawn.
    True. I did consider that. It's probably fine. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I wish I knew the posters Mignola signed were a little different... probably would've sprung for that one instead. Oh well

Joker is right, I inspected my unsigned poster and it looks the same as the images you posted when you look very closely due to the size of the poster and the original artwork being blown up.

Thanks for checking!!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy7783 View Post
    True. I did consider that. It's probably fine. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I wish I knew the posters Mignola signed were a little different... probably would've sprung for that one instead. Oh well
    The difference in the posters is negligible, they are both great. I think it comes down to whether you wanted the signatures or not.