The Death Of Superman for right or wrong is a landmark moment in comic book history. As the highest selling comic of all time It caused a spectacular boom in sales during the 90s. Many fans and non fans believed that it would be a valuable investment down the line and would bring them profit in the future. Of course with so many sold it actually became less valuable than originally thought, potentially being responsible for the almost catastrophic comic book crash that nearly destroyed the industry.

Marred by many as a publicity stunt it made publishers realise that non fans would pick up books that they believed to be special editions and rare items. We saw a slew of issue #1s many ‘events’ and for a time it looked like all of our favourite heroes were being killed or altered just to sell a comic. In my opinion the Death Of Superman is directly responsible for Knightfall and several of the character changing arcs that happened throughout the 90s.

With all the controversy that surrounds it many often get away from the story itself. That’s what I am here to objectively focus on. As a first time reader of it I want to really get to the core of this book to answer ‘is it actually a good story that shouldn’t be overlooked due to it’s notoriety?’

So what did I think about it?

Check out my review on the link below.

Death Of Superman Review