Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Team is too annoying which is why I'll always consider her not Jean, at least from the prime reality. Ugh
    Well rejoice since teen jean is not from the 616. Thats already been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hopeless needs to chill on the use of "like." You can convey young without resorting to that.
    It may be an overused cliche but plenty of young people still over use LIKE. Ugh.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post

It may be an overused cliche but plenty of young people still over use LIKE. Ugh.
    I think everyone has that one word that they tend to overuse lol I say honestly a lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't like her line about her complaining about everyone giving her **** for reading their minds. If it was some time ago I would appreciate the meta on that, but now I much prefer Bunn/Lemire Jean who gets that she shouldn't do that and asks for permission.
    Bunn also dealt with that. Example when they were fighting the new Marauders, Beast tells Jean that this is a case where she shouldn't ask for permission for some obvious reasons. She reads there minds and finds out Miss Sinister is controlling them.

Clearly there are times when one needs to read minds without permission. It doesn't justify being abusive, or exposing everyone's secrets, etc.

The artwork looks fantastic.

Glad to see Jeen and Psylocke train together, however it does kinda makes me sad that Psylocke is taking the psychic mentor role when that belonged to Emma.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 08-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That hasn't been confirmed. All we know is that there are copies of the O5 in the past, likely due to Secret Wars. The details have yet to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The artwork looks fantastic.
    Glad to see Jeen and Psylocke train together, however it does kinda makes me sad that Psylocke is taking the psychic mentor role when that belonged to Emma.
    Don't worry. Betsy is only this month's guest star. And remember that Emma shows up in #8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That hasn't been confirmed. All we know is that there are copies of the O5 in the past, likely due to Secret Wars. The details have yet to be addressed.
    Exactly. X-Editor Mark also said on Twitter that these O5 are THE O5, not alt. reality versions. Maybe he was misdirecting. We'll see going forward hopefully under Bunn's pen.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-03-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Oh I know lol. They keep going back and forth on that anyway. In just waiting till they wise up and rebirth Jean. That day I'll rejoice
    X-Men Forever

This actually looks appealing.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I think it's kind of ironic that adult Jean trained Betsy in the use of Psychic combat and now Betsy's training Jeen.
    Last edited by Victorian_Soul; 08-04-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Hopeless needs to chill on the use of "like." You can convey young without resorting to that.
    Like, I kno, right? BOOM SPlaH!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I think it's kind of ironic that adult Jean trained Betsy in the use of Psychic combat and not Betsy's training Jeen.
    A Little too ironic? Yeah I really do think.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Don't worry. Betsy is only this month's guest star. And remember that Emma shows up in #8.
    Except it looks like Betsy is going to be there as a mentor and Emma's just there to get **** on.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

hot chicks
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I took the 'I'm a psychic, too' to mean that Psylocke understood the struggles Jeen must be going through to hone her abilities, and was thus able to formulate training plans to suit. If Psylocke was eavesdropping on Jeen's thoughts, pity. I expect better from you, Betsy.
    I still think the TK push is an over-reaction. Of course, I'm still annoyed that Jeen doesn't just fly around.
    That's the downside of comics imo. Due to page speace dialogue is concise and we don't alwayss get if characters mean things literally or not.

Imo people read things based on how they already seee the character. Thus a line for one character could make fans of that character see it favorably and people who don't like the character see it negatively. It's why people can be hard headed about changing their mind on characters and over time become so fanatic about their like or dislike.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

I DESPISE Teen Jean so much. I'm not saying she should be small and quiet and docile. But damn her attitude towards human beings is complete shitte!