Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jean Grey #5 preview with psylocke

BANNED

Really like the work with the facial expressions, tho Jean seems a big chubby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Really like the work with the facial expressions, tho Jean seems a big chubby.
    That's what you get when you keep chowing down ramen.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I wonder if Pyslocke will reveal adult Jean taught her in the art of psychic combat.

What timeperiod did Jean grow up in to acquire an tv addiction now?

Lol, yeah Jean is right about how everyone screams at her for reading minds but the adult Telepaths do it all the time, i remember when the uncanny team met the extraordinary team during civil war, Psylocke was reading everyones minds and Jean had to stop her.

Its funny how different teen Jean is from Adult Jean, Adult Jean was really good at meditation and trained cable and Psylocke, but i guess that shows the difference in skill and experience

BANNED

Is that supposed to be a hardcore show in Philly? Gotta love out of touch artists/writers. No one dresses or talks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, yeah Jean is right about how everyone screams at her for reading minds but the adult Telepaths do it all the time, i remember when the uncanny team met the extraordinary team during civil war, Psylocke was reading everyones minds and Jean had to stop her.

Its funny how different teen Jean is from Adult Jean, Adult Jean was really good at meditation and trained cable and Psylocke, but i guess that shows the difference in skill and experience
    Yeah. Young Jean is nothing like her older self. Her personality also doesn't match.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It reminds me of the former Magik mini: Illyana was not able to magically make an oak grow, as Ororo did, because 'creative force was not her thing'. When she realized about it, she focused on a weapon and then she easily got the Soulsword, because destructive force was her thing.

Know thyself...

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 08-04-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    It reminds me of the former Magik mini: Illyana was not able to magically make an oak grow, as Ororo did, because 'creative force was not her thing'. When she realized about it, she focused on a weapon and then she easily got the Soulsword, because destructive force was her thing.
    Know thyself...
    I always got from this that destruction was the just easiest path to follow, esp. since that follows perfectly with Illyana's previous 'power = corruption' shtick. She wanted to hurt and/or kill Belasco at this point, thus her real, overriding desires manifested a weapon. Under neutral or good circumstances, I'm sure she could have manifested whatever she wanted. I seem to be Mr. Alternative Reading in this thread.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-04-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I do not think a psychic hammer helps much against a cosmic entity but concentration is another story and if Hope and the Karate Kid style training helped on AvX maybe Psylocke will be able to do the same for Jean.

Betting on who will be their opponent in this issue?

The Hand?

Interesting parallel of the cliche 'Asian meditating in Japan amidst cherry blossoms' with being a hard rock connoisseur.
    Jeen complains about the flack she gets in-universe and in RL for mindreading without permission but everything Psylocke commented on was plainly said by Jeen out loud with no need to eavesdrop on Jeen's mental narrative.
    Were those mosh pit punks threatening Jeen or just being rude assholes? My reading goes with rude, not threatening, so why smack them telekinetically?
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-03-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Really liking the art .