Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    She didn't. But some people post things just to offend other posters and get them incensed. It's the internet, you know.
    Yeah
    that's what I thought
    heck...she even turned down his proposals twice
    her second turn down of him was quickly followed by acceptance after she acknowledged that she loved and needed him and how he gave her the strength to stand up to the Spider-Slayer and her father
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Reed hit Sue once too. But the difference between those two and Hank is that quite frankly Hank is ONLY known for one of two things ... hitting Jan and creating Ultron. When that's essentially the only thing about you, it casts a pretty big shadow. Whereas Reed and Spider have done so much it's almost hard to make any one thing they have done stand out.
    Honestly, some of the psycological abuse Reed has put Sue through, is, IMHO, worse than the physical part he and Hank put their wives through, and that slap on Malice's face was not the only time he struck her (on the other hand, if you read the late sixties, early seventies dialogues between Hank and Jan and Reed and Sue, it's so cringe worthy mysogenist that it's hard to match them with their modern versions).
    Of the three, I do think Peter's hitting MJ the biggest offender. Like Hank, he was in the midst of a mental breakdown, and not himself, however, his super-strength and the fact that she was pregnant are serious aggravating circunstances.
    However, as I acknowledge that Peter is a fictional character and a household name, it's not good business to have this stigma attached to him, but I wish they'd give Hank the same courtesy. It keeps a character with so much history and potential from attaining the grandeur he is capable of. I disagree that he is known for only two things. That's a base simplification. Without Hank there would be no Avengers (he gave the name, and was the first founder to return to the team, making sure that they became again a force to be reckoned with, after Cap Kookey Quartet), no Vision (which also brought great power to the Avengers, making sure that they deserved te moniker Earth's Mightiest Heroes, even without the likes of Thor, Iron Man and Hercules), no Wasp (who went on to become one of the Avengers' greatest leaders) and, his greatest contribuition to the Marvel Universe is without a doubt his Pym particles, without which heroes like Ant Man II, Stature, BlacK Goliath, Yellow Jacket II, Atlas, and others would not be possible. Hank is an integral part of their stories and origins.

Peace

Mighty Member

Just curious, are there any examples of wives in the MU physically or psychologically abusing their husbands?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Just curious, are there any examples of wives in the MU physically or psychologically abusing their husbands?
    Titania, but that's usually played for laughs.

Heike Zemo was pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    All of this while she was pregnant? Yikes. And yeah, that didn't look like an accident at all. It's pretty obvious why this doesn't get brought up in-universe (OMD and all), but it looks ten times worse than the whole Hank situation and, off-universe, it's definitely unfair how Parker gets alway with it while Pym is crucified.
    Crucify both! Long live Superior Spider-man!

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    When has that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Wasn't that only in the much-maligned issue of Aaron's Thor where Titania knocked Absorbing Man out and then let Jane knock her out without a fight?

I can't remember any other time where she's physically hit Crusher. Just in general they both seemed pretty out-of-character in that appearance.

I once saw a panel of Storm punching Panther right in the face and telling him what a horrible husband he was, but I haven't read the story so I can't comment on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I once saw a panel of Storm punching Panther right in the face and telling him what a horrible husband he was, but I haven't read the story so I can't comment on it.
    That was in the middle of AvX

BANNED

creed and titania share their own version of tough love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    He should've had her arrested. Manbeaters are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    ummmm

How did she trick Peter to marry her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    She didn't. But some people post things just to offend other posters and get them incensed. It's the internet, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Yeah
    that's what I thought
    heck...she even turned down his proposals twice
    her second turn down of him was quickly followed by acceptance after she acknowledged that she loved and needed him and how he gave her the strength to stand up to the Spider-Slayer and her father
    Wiccan was being sarcastic people. It was a joke on the thread Was Janet the enabler in Hank Pym's downfall? In that thread the OP accuses Jan for tricking Hank into marrying her.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-05-2017 at 01:17 AM.