Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member ETMike1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    358

    Default

    "Face it, Tiger! You hit the Jackpot!" But in this case with a different meaning! :P

  2. #17
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    680

    Default

    It was an accident and people love Peter. Accidents happen. You know how many women I've accidentally called "Sir"? Dozens.

  3. #18
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    In all fairness MJ got in the way thus I deemed Peter striking MJ an accident... Hank slapped Jan deliberately.
    uhm no..he backhanded her, when she was trying to stop him from killing someone...thats two wrongs right there

  4. #19
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Mary Jane was the enabler on this. She was a manipulator and tricked Peter to marry her.
    ummmm

    How did she trick Peter to marry her?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  5. #20
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    uhm no..he backhanded her, when she was trying to stop him from killing someone...thats two wrongs right there
    yeah

    Mary Jane tried to stop Peter from killing Ben.
    Peter was outraged about being told that he was the clone
    He struck Mary Jane.
    When he found out, he was horrified and ashamed
    He left.


    I really liked Mary Jane in the Clone Saga.
    She didn't give up on Peter, and she still loved and stuck with him even though he was believed to be a clone.
    She showed a lot of brains and guts in helping him overcome the Jackal's hold on him in Time Bomb even though Peter was pursuing to kill her under the Jackal's programming.

    Mary Jane's portrayal and Ben were the two reasons that I liked about the Clone Saga.
    I hated Ben's death and the tragedy of Peter and Mary Jane's baby.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  6. #21
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    yeah

    Mary Jane tried to stop Peter from killing Ben.
    Peter was outraged about being told that he was the clone
    He struck Mary Jane.
    When he found out, he was horrified and ashamed
    He left.


    I really liked Mary Jane in the Clone Saga.
    She didn't give up on Peter, and she still loved and stuck with him even though he was believed to be a clone.
    She showed a lot of brains and guts in helping him overcome the Jackal's hold on him in Time Bomb even though Peter was pursuing to kill her under the Jackal's programming.

    Mary Jane's portrayal and Ben were the two reasons that I liked about the Clone Saga.
    I hated Ben's death and the tragedy of Peter and Mary Jane's baby.
    and lets not forget that the way he hit mj was a lot more violent then hank. mj flew through the room, crashed into a cupboard ( i think) and was left bleeding in what was left of the table

    https://goo.gl/images/QYqMz9

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    ummmm

    How did she trick Peter to marry her?
    http://community.comicbookresources....Pym-s-downfall

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    and lets not forget that the way he hit mj was a lot more violent then hank. mj flew through the room, crashed into a cupboard ( i think) and was left bleeding in what was left of the table

    https://goo.gl/images/QYqMz9
    All of this while she was pregnant? Yikes. And yeah, that didn't look like an accident at all. It's pretty obvious why this doesn't get brought up in-universe (OMD and all), but it looks ten times worse than the whole Hank situation and, off-universe, it's definitely unfair how Parker gets alway with it while Pym is crucified.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-04-2017 at 03:53 AM.

  9. #24
    Fantastic Member Haquim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    ummmm

    How did she trick Peter to marry her?
    She didn't. But some people post things just to offend other posters and get them incensed. It's the internet, you know.

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    All of this while she was pregnant? Yikes. And yeah, that didn't look like an accident at all. It's pretty obvious why this doesn't get brought up in-universe (OMD and all), but off-universe it looks ten times worse than the whole Hank situation and it's definitely unfair how Parker gets alway with it while Pym is crucified.
    worst part is, peter is super powered, hank isnt

  11. #26
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Reed hit Sue once too. But the difference between those two and Hank is that quite frankly Hank is ONLY known for one of two things ... hitting Jan and creating Ultron. When that's essentially the only thing about you, it casts a pretty big shadow. Whereas Reed and Spider have done so much it's almost hard to make any one thing they have done stand out.

    This is so true. Hank has many accomplishments and has saved the day more than a few times but it is the slap and the bot that gets remembered. He has not had many solo stories over the years like spider or a decades long run on the team like reed to overshadow.

    Hank is one of the top minds and has one of the largest legacy trees of any character ever but one panel has marked him forever.

  12. #27

    Default

    Yeah so That was technically not Spider-Man, because when the story was written, he was supposed to be Ben. So it was a implicit retcon that makes Spidey hit MJ. Technically it was Ben who hit MJ. Also he felt ashamed immediately, while Hank Pym forced Janet in his mad scheme to attack fellow Avengers, and only felt remorse when Jan's black eye was exposed to fellow Avengers. Bascially he was hoping to get away with it if nobody finds out. That was even worse than a crime of passion (a slap), that was literally black hearted domestic abuse.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Because it's part of the Clone Saga, and nobody gives a shit about the Clone Saga. We just try to overlook that whole period of time when it comes to Spider-Man comics.

    Also because Spider-Man is a huge giant character. He wasn't allowed to sit in obscurity for like 20 years, only to be brought back in a big way where the new take on his character was something building off the Clone Saga. Unlike Ant-Man, that moment you're talking about isn't tied into any kind of defining moment for Spider-Man.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Yeah so That was technically not Spider-Man, because when the story was written, he was supposed to be Ben. So it was a implicit retcon that makes Spidey hit MJ. Technically it was Ben who hit MJ. Also he felt ashamed immediately, while Hank Pym forced Janet in his mad scheme to attack fellow Avengers, and only felt remorse when Jan's black eye was exposed to fellow Avengers. Bascially he was hoping to get away with it if nobody finds out. That was even worse than a crime of passion (a slap), that was literally black hearted domestic abuse.
    ummmm
    in the comic pages, it was Peter that struck Mary Jane
    I actually thought it was an accident
    he struck her in a rage without knowing
    he was behind her
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  15. #30
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Because it's part of the Clone Saga, and nobody gives a shit about the Clone Saga. We just try to overlook that whole period of time when it comes to Spider-Man comics.

    Also because Spider-Man is a huge giant character. He wasn't allowed to sit in obscurity for like 20 years, only to be brought back in a big way where the new take on his character was something building off the Clone Saga. Unlike Ant-Man, that moment you're talking about isn't tied into any kind of defining moment for Spider-Man.

    shrugs

    I actually like parts of the Clone Saga

    I already mentioned what I liked about it
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •