Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The problem is that it plays the propaganda completely straight, and the result is nothing but poorly drawn, badly written racist trash. Miller was a terrible choice to write this, not JUST because he's racist, but because of how ignorant he is of certain facts.

Also, being less racist than certain American politicians really isn't exactly saying much.
    That`s exactly what propaganda is. It`s ugly and vile but that`s what he chose to do and with that intent.

I`m not excusing HT but there`s no way I`ll hold that against the novelty and good work he`s done over the years. If he was actually shouting what he views Islamic culture to be at people`s face on the street or social media, I could, but as far as I am aware, he keeps those opinions contained in his work.

I chose not to care about HT but I love the heck of the works I mentioned and to me they stand as projects that pushed the envelope of what you can achieve with the format.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I`m not excusing HT but there`s no way I`ll hold that against the novelty and good work he`s done over the years. If he was actually shouting what he views Islamic culture to be at people`s face on the street or social media, I could, but as far as I am aware, he keeps those opinions contained in his work.
    He certainly did not keep them a secret in various interviews.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He certainly did not keep them a secret in various interviews.
    I think the interviews would be considered part of his work promoting the book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think the interviews would be considered part of his work promoting the book.
    Oh no, this was before the book.

Never read it, don't need more anti-islam in my life. Thanks tho and Def, nice shelf shot; do u own everything you review batwise?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Spectacular Member

Just Dropped The Video Review of it at:

Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Never read it, don't need more anti-islam in my life. Thanks tho and Def, nice shelf shot; do u own everything you review batwise?
    I do, costs a stupid amount of money but i wouldve bought em anyway, reviewing em just makes more of an incentive to do it
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's quite simple really: Miller is racist and misogynistic. This is not me calling the man names (As mods have told me not to do about creators, even if they deserve it), it's what I've perceived about him based on his work.
    I don't think Frank is misogynistic at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh no, this was before the book.
    The original pitch as a Batman story is from 2006 so it`s still part of it that genesis.

All it shows is that I don`t care or share the same political side of a creator I like but I don`t think he goes out of his way to have that step outside the realm of his stories. It`s the better evil, at least. Don`t agree with it? No buy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think Frank is misogynistic at all.
    The reality is that he doesn`t treat every male character any worse. DKSA Superman is what some would consider a cuckhold that moves at Diana`s whims and desires.

BANNED

The original pitch as a Batman story is from 2006 so it`s still part of it that genesis.
    How is that even relevant?

All it shows is that I don`t care or share the same political side of a creator I like but I don`t think he goes out of his way to have that step outside the realm of his stories. It`s the better evil, at least. Don`t agree with it? No buy.
    His original goal for Holy Terror was not to just write a story. What he wanted to do, according to his own words, was create war propaganda. His aim was clearly to not restrict his bigotry to his stories, but to use his stories to spread it as far and wide as possible and turn other people into bigots as well. He wanted to be comic book Fox News.

BANNED

Never read it, I actually have no problem with it being racist or a piece of propaganda. I would be interested in reading that, only problem is that from what I've heard its not even good as a racist, Islamophobic work, its just laughably bad.

The reality is that he doesn`t treat every male character any worse. DKSA Superman is what some would consider a cuckhold that moves at Diana`s whims and desires.
    You can both write male and female characters horribly and still have your work be considered misogynistic. Something or someone doesn't become less misogynistic because of crappy treatment to men as well, equal or otherwise. Michael Bay's movies don't exactly paint a flattering picture of men and white people but that doesn't stop them from being sexist and racist

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Never read it, I actually have no problem with it being racist or a piece of propaganda. I would be interested in reading that, only problem is that from what I've heard its not even good as a racist, Islamophobic work, its just laughably bad.
    Yeah the main problem is it's very 'GODDAMN' Frank Miller, there's no real elegance or deeper meaning to the story.

Deffinition Patreon