Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just a quick update about the game, currently in the process of both testing out the Twine program to see if the software works with the choice mechanics I have in mind before starting the demo, and also trying to map out the entire series so I can see where things are likely to go!

I'm pretty much finalized on villains I'm including now but I wanted to see what people might prefer so... if it was a choice between the two, would you rather see Mysterio or Rhino in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Just a quick update about the game, currently in the process of both testing out the Twine program to see if the software works with the choice mechanics I have in mind before starting the demo, and also trying to map out the entire series so I can see where things are likely to go!

I'm pretty much finalized on villains I'm including now but I wanted to see what people might prefer so... if it was a choice between the two, would you rather see Mysterio or Rhino in the game?
    Mysterio.

10char

Thanks Weblurker! Mysterio was probably the one I was gunning for anyway, have some possible ways about how to have Quentin Beck included (most likely involving Mary Jane).

Thanks Weblurker!
    No prob.

Mysterio was probably the one I was gunning for anyway, have some possible ways about how to have Quentin Beck included (most likely involving Mary Jane).
    Weren't they in the same movie project or something in the '90s cartoon?

Possibly, haven't seen all of the 90's series before, but I was thinking of Beck being a bit younger and in MJ's drama club and university course. All subject to change of course!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No prob.

Weren't they in the same movie project or something in the '90s cartoon?
    Yeah, Mary Jane was replacing an actress who disappeared off the set of a movie two years ago, the same movie where Spider-Man exposed Beck using real explosives for special effects, thus getting Beck sent to prison and kicking off Beck's quest for revenge against Spider-Man. In the episode, it turned out the actress had been in hiding beneath the old studio, unable to face the world after being horribly disfigured and needing cybernetics to survive, cybernetics that Beck provided her with because he was in love with her. Her big plan was to lure Mary Jane to her using Beck's high-tech illusions and then swap bodies with her since MJ was a nearly perfect double for her, only the process didn't work because as Beck put it, it was a scientific impossibility. Unwilling to continue living as she was, even with Beck's confession of love for her, the actress brought the underground catacombs crashing down on herself (and Beck, who chose to stay with her), while Mary Jane and Spider-Man escaped, which later led to Spider-Man confessing his love for MJ and then revealing his identity when she told him she was already in love with a great guy named Peter Parker. (Dramatic irony ahoy!) Then came a marriage proposal, and an actual wedding as soon as the fifth-season premiere. Shame what happened afterwards, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Seems like they went with a reverse Phantom of the Opera situation for Beck then, interesting. Really must watch all of the 90's cartoon back to back at some point... But I doubt my take on Mysterio will be the same as that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Seems like they went with a reverse Phantom of the Opera situation for Beck then, interesting. Really must watch all of the 90's cartoon back to back at some point... But I doubt my take on Mysterio will be the same as that.
    Probably not, but I'm sure yours will still be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hey guys, bit of a quick random and slightly quirky update but I recently found what I think if this was an ACTUAL game Telltale had made, then this would be the main menu music whilst you select your episode and watch something like Peter transition into Spider-Man and vice versa on the main menu, maybe with some kick ass web swings and beats between beating up criminals and hanging upside down on a building. I happen to be seriously inspired by music and the visuals that produces I guess!

Also I'm giving a slight, possibly flexible time frame for proceedings. Right now I am looking at a busier September work wise, but I am hoping to use the month to create and map out ideas and concepts for the entire season and how it all ties together, complete with characters and relationships, choices Peter can make, how that impacts things and so forth. Then in October when I am looking to be a little less busy at work I'm focusing on the first episode, both with planning and initial writing. Then in November there is NaNoWriMo where one tries and writes 50,000 words in a month, so I'm thinking I would like to use that month to write out as much of Episode 1 as possible, maybe even finish it! And if all goes to plan, hopefully release it in December. I realize that's a fairly big timescale until release, especially for what is just the first episode of six but I wanna be thinking long term myself. And I'm going to need to have the whole season in my head before I have the focus on Episode 1.

Now what this means for a possible demo of Chapter 1 for Episode 1 so you can see what on earth it'll look like is unclear, but if I do make one you'll be the first to know! Till then, Excelsior!

Hey guys, bit of a quick random and slightly quirky update but I recently found what I think if this was an ACTUAL game Telltale had made, then this would be the main menu music whilst you select your episode and watch something like Peter transition into Spider-Man and vice versa on the main menu, maybe with some kick ass web swings and beats between beating up criminals and hanging upside down on a building. I happen to be seriously inspired by music and the visuals that produces I guess!

My first thought would've been to borrow themes from the movies, e.g.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07a_oGHAvY

but that example sounds good, too.

Also I'm giving a slight, possibly flexible time frame for proceedings. Right now I am looking at a busier September work wise, but I am hoping to use the month to create and map out ideas and concepts for the entire season and how it all ties together, complete with characters and relationships, choices Peter can make, how that impacts things and so forth. Then in October when I am looking to be a little less busy at work I'm focusing on the first episode, both with planning and initial writing. Then in November there is NaNoWriMo where one tries and writes 50,000 words in a month, so I'm thinking I would like to use that month to write out as much of Episode 1 as possible, maybe even finish it! And if all goes to plan, hopefully release it in December. I realize that's a fairly big timescale until release, especially for what is just the first episode of six but I wanna be thinking long term myself. And I'm going to need to have the whole season in my head before I have the focus on Episode 1.

Now what this means for a possible demo of Chapter 1 for Episode 1 so you can see what on earth it'll look like is unclear, but if I do make one you'll be the first to know! Till then, Excelsior!
    Okay.

Since the game is designed to be distinctive from any other take on Spidey, giving him music from previous versions of the character would likely go against that ideal, I think. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm currently toying with a system on how to reflect your choices on the world, characters you interact with and who your Peter Parker and Spider-Man is. What does the public think of Spider-Man? What do your friends think of you? What kind of relationships do you have with possible villains? Is Harry more loyal to you or Norman? Does Otto have a positive relationship with his daughter Mary? Are you seen to empathize your time as a friend, as a science student, as a budding photographer and media person, or do you focus on your responsibilities as Spider-Man?

I also want the player to be able to define and impact the future of their enemies as they go through the episodes, especially his three most personal foes in Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom. Maybe Norman Osborn is destined to be the Green Goblin, but what kind of Goblin is he? Corrupt business man, tech powerhouse, terrifying monster? As for Otto, maybe again he is destined to be a villain, but what are his goals and alliances? Is he loyal to Osborn, those opposed to him, or is he a third party? How does his relationship with Mary change things? Is she a pawn other use to ensure his loyalty, or is she at risk of following her father down a dark path too? And if Peter has become more than just a friend to her, or she knows his secret, what might that mean? And how might your relationship with Eddie Brock, and your stance on the symbiote, affect you stance with Venom... if indeed, Eddie becomes Venom at all?

I'm toying with the concept of the logo of Spider-Man and the eight arms of a spider representing eight different aspects to his personality/relationships which can go one way or another, in particular the core mantra of Spider-Man: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility. And having stats via choices which play off against each other to ultimately determine your Peter and Spider-Man by the end of the series.

Also as an example of something Telltale's Batman has done to reflect your character and relationships, here's two possible character breakdowns a player can have focused on and then from Season 2 a demonstration of how your relationships with characters can change (with Amanda Waller here).

or

or

Hope that all makes sense! Of course this would be all in a text based format in my case.