Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Isn't it about time....

Isn't it about time that we start getting an influx of new mutants?

The terrorist mists are gone. We've recovered from "no more mutants" and if marvel is really having issues with Fox over ownership why aren't we seeing a bunch more new mutants?

Where's the team book that deals with finding new mutants and training them? Guggenhiem killed off the ONE new recruit Team Blue found in Spain. Gen X has maybe 3 new mutants.

Wouldn't new mutants (and a bunch of them) solve a lot of Marvel's problems?

While I like the idea of new mutants, especially since the school is in New York, I feel as though they will suffer the same ill fate as those before them. I don't know if I can get invested into another set of new mutants only to have them become wallpaper 9 months later. I think we have a lot of different wallpaper options at the moment, even storm has joined the x-kids in XMG as a new wallpaper pattern.
    Last edited by Muffinman; 08-04-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    While I like the idea of new mutants, especially since the school is in New York, I feel as though they will suffer the same ill fate as those before them. I don't know if I can get invested into another set of new mutants only to have them become wallpaper 9 months later. I think we have a lot of different wallpaper options at the moment, even storm as joined the x-kids in XMG as a new wallpaper pattern.
    I'm okay with one new mutant at a time, and they getting development over a period of time. I'm just not sure I'm ready for a new gaggle of Teen-Mutants. Jump over to the New-Xmen: Stuck in Detention thread to see just how many X-Kids there are. It's ridiculous

New Mutants, Gen X, New X-Men vol 2 are my group of kiddies. The kids from Hope 5 and Wolverine and the X-Men are totally NOT my jam. Also not a fan of Uncanny X-Kids (Tempus, Goldballs, Triage etc)

I don't know... I wanted to give the new Gen X book a shot...but I can't stand the art. I like the idea of exploring the characters already around, and adding only one new one.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I assume the Terrigen killed most of the new crop.

Technically mutants continue to be born every day after AvX although the crisis with the inhuman mist has diminished their numbers again.

But I have no desire to see new mutants popping up in school just to be forgotten and played in limbo like the others.

I'm split on new mutants. While they're fun, there are so many of them, that they end up getting disregarded by he next writers. If we were to do new mutants I'd like it to have some mandates, like how many and forcing future writers to use them rather than their own.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I say no. And not because I don't want new characters, it's because a writer will create a new character and as soon as a new writer is named that one is gone and becomes wallpaper or forgotten entirely. Until they graduate the adults to other teams or retirement, it's more harmful than good to bring new characters into the x-fold.

The way I see the whole 'Terrigen is sterilising' is this:

Carbon monoxide is a poison that blocks oxygen from red blood cells, essentially suffocating a person. However, over time Red blood cells are replenished that are not blocked. Basically, while the Terrigen was around, it sterilised reproductive cells, however with the Terrigen no longer around, new reproductive cells are being produced that aren't sterilised. Don't really know why I wrote this but could be useful if Marvel ever wants to correct that throw away line, which is quite a major plot point

I would be up for more new mutants if it happened.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Only if they ain't telepaths. I am sick of them.

No. If they want to show things are super great for mutants and all, just tell us that without showing new characters. All of the newer characters are going to be sidelined into wallpaper sooner or later. Sometimes, when their creators's run ends(someone like Eva Bell), or when their books get cancelled if they were part of a team like New X-Men.

Truth is that writers, editors and most fans will always want to read about the same classic characters instead of newer ones. Even these days, the crowd who wants new characters to be used are actually talking about those who were created to be new characters 10 years ago or so, and they actually get mad when newer ones get the spotlight instead of them(Ex: The backslash against the current Gen X).

Nah.

The one decent thing Bendis did was give us a handful of new mutants with cool powers. Hijack, Morph, Tempus (regardless of what happened with her at the end of UXM), Triage. Goldballs is whatever. But still. I actually really liked that group. Haven't seen 'em since.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Isn't it about time that we start getting an influx of new mutants?

The terrorist mists are gone. We've recovered from "no more mutants" and if marvel is really having issues with Fox over ownership why aren't we seeing a bunch more new mutants?

Where's the team book that deals with finding new mutants and training them? Guggenhiem killed off the ONE new recruit Team Blue found in Spain. Gen X has maybe 3 new mutants.

Wouldn't new mutants (and a bunch of them) solve a lot of Marvel's problems?
    I'm still in the conspiracy mindset that authors aren't allowed to create new mutant characters. Why else would Belen immediately die? If Bunn knew that would happen why even make the new character at all? It's not like it magically made that GOLD issue have more stakes or anything or produced any drama at all. All it did was prevent a new mutant character.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

How many do you need to be an influx. There have been over a dozen new mutants created in the past three years, iirc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Nah.

The one decent thing Bendis did was give us a handful of new mutants with cool powers. Hijack, Morph, Tempus (regardless of what happened with her at the end of UXM), Triage. Goldballs is whatever. But still. I actually really liked that group. Haven't seen 'em since.
    Morph is in Generation X. Goldballs is in Miles Morales Spider-Man. Triage showed up in ANAD Uncanny.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

I'd rather the writers use the characters who are put into the background or just up and disappeared.