Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Now back to media... what is something else that the East is succeeding over the West in? Sitcoms and soaps? Eh... maybe not? Certain interactive entertainment genres? Toys? Cute stationery characters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Now back to media... what is something else that the East is succeeding over the West in? Sitcoms and soaps? Eh... maybe not? Certain interactive entertainment genres? Toys? Cute stationery characters?
    I was at a Japanese restaurant the other day. They were playing a samurai soap opera on the TV behind the hot bar. It was extremely entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I was at a Japanese restaurant the other day. They were playing a samurai soap opera on the TV behind the hot bar. It was extremely entertaining.
    I'm really glad you thought it was extremely entertaining, old buddy, since I'm a somewhat devout Japanophile myself (but not in the aspect of pop culture I mentioned), but I was talking more about things like K-Drama or Chinese drama due to their growing popularity in the world and then I thought, maybe that candidate for an example of "East > West" would be singled out, since i'm pretty sure an overwhelming larger amount of people here in the West would be more likely to know about, much less actually watch, popular American sitcoms of both the past and present like Modern Family or Big Bang Theory, than any sitcom from the East. I mean since not only is it live-action, but the stories are very much tied to different cultures on-screen, it's going to be hard to "Americanize" its popularity.

I've never been to China, but have heard that its common for huge groups (like really huge groups) of people to meet up for tai chi regularly. I like that, and think we here in the west could use that kind of corporate exercise.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Again any other answers for modern media and on both sides of the Ocean?

BANNED

So what film or TV genres do you guys think the East does far better than the West in now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I've never been to China, but have heard that its common for huge groups (like really huge groups) of people to meet up for tai chi regularly. I like that, and think we here in the west could use that kind of corporate exercise.
    I love that in China - I think it's something that people miss out on if they do the guided tours which give you two or three days in each city.

Just take a wander around a park and you'll be walking from a crowd doing Tai Chi to a crowd doing calligraphy on the floor with water, to a crowd dancing, etc. I love it. And if they spot you watching they're likely to stop and wave - especially if you're in an area which doesn't have many westerners.

BANNED

Okay what about online games?

BANNED

Hello... any other answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Our local park gets covered in 100-200 people doing yoga every Sunday.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

alright what's better? British pop or Mandopop?

BANNED

am i the only one who enjoys eastern (japanese) video games often vastly more than western (american) ones?

am i the only one who enjoys eastern (japanese) video games often vastly more than western (american) ones?
    Yes. You are the only one in the entire world. Your uniqueness is unparalleled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    Yes. You are the only one in the entire world. Your uniqueness is unparalleled.
    Lol I take that as a clever spin on sarcasm?

Lol I take that as a clever spin on sarcasm?
    Looks like pretty standard run of the mill sarcasm to me.