Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Default Detective Comics 962 Preview

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...ve-comics-962/

So this is finally happening. Pretty sure it's safe to say that's it's happening in the way that all of us who have been following this arc thought it would be. At least evidenced by this preview anyways
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

I recall the solicit saying that the battle against Ascalon would play out in Batman's mind... but it technically didn't specify which Batman. Clever.

Also, Clayface is again showing why he's such an asset.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

"And another modeled off the World's Most Dangerous Vigilante"-JP

Damn straight, that's exactly what Bruce is.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I recall the solicit saying that the battle against Ascalon would play out in Batman's mind... but it technically didn't specify which Batman. Clever.
    Hot damn that was clever. Also, the art inside JPV's mind= MWAH

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Also, Clayface is again showing why he's such an asset.
    I know I'm a broken record at this point, but he needs to stay with the BatFam.

Also, that line about Bruce "Pretending not to hear that" really plays into the old joke that Bruce is just an insecure rich kid who needs everyone to think he's cool.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Whoa, buddy! I am SO pumped for this conclusion! And Clayface is super awesome!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm still not sure about the new AzBats design but that visage in Jean-Paul's mindscape was pretty awesome .

Clayface is probably the closest thing the Batfamily has to a Ben Grimm equivalent. Maybe he should join the Terrifics ?

Azrael is ready for win this battle.

Clayface strikes again.

Incredible Member

Awesome as always

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Azrael is ready for win this battle.

Clayface strikes again.
    Clayface is such a cool character, badass and nice at the same time (with Cass at least )

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Whoa, buddy! I am SO pumped for this conclusion! And Clayface is super awesome!
    Quoted for truth, I think Clayface *may* e the best thing out of DETECTIVE COMICS (Azbats is cool, but I've just loved pretty much all of Clayface's moments)

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Quoted for truth, I think Clayface *may* e the best thing out of DETECTIVE COMICS (Azbats is cool, but I've just loved pretty much all of Clayface's moments)
    It's hard to disagree. The work Tynion has done with Basil is the one thing nearly everyone (Even people who HATE this book) seem to agree has been great. For me personally, he's skyrocketed to being one of my favorite BatFam members.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's hard to disagree. The work Tynion has done with Basil is the one thing nearly everyone (Even people who HATE this book) seem to agree has been great. For me personally, he's skyrocketed to being one of my favorite BatFam members.
    He's always been one of the more memorable and unique members of the Rogues Gallery in my opinion, so it's really cool seeing him get the spotlight like this .

Its gonna be sad if he becomes a villian again for the team who work with him especially Cass.

BANNED

"I`m going to pretend I didn`t hear that".

Bruce can`t handle the truth. Azbats The Return

Hot damn that was clever. Also, the art inside JPV's mind= MWAH

I know I'm a broken record at this point, but he needs to stay with the BatFam.

Also, that line about Bruce "Pretending not to hear that" really plays into the old joke that Bruce is just an insecure rich kid who needs everyone to think he's cool.
    I have to admit that Clayface is a hard fit, for me, in this series. I just see Batman and family a little more with the non metas - especially him. But I deal, and the stories are truly great in my opinion. Likewise, several decades ago, I faithfully bought and read the original Outsiders, but often felt that the various more meta characters were not a great fit to me. I think Aparo's art, which I like enough for Bats, back then, was less dramatic with the sort of characters in Outsiders. Sorta more cartoon-y. Again, I read and enjoyed anyway, because at heart, the story has to be better than the art. (but the art is nearly always excellent)