Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

TEC *is* ridiculously stacked in characters. Honestly, it feels like they're almost required to end up splitting off another solo book or two from this run. Has anyone actually done the calculus for how many solo issues this team has held down outside of Batman?

I mean, Azrael, arguably the least popular Batfamily member, still held down 100 issues of his own solo, Tim's somewhere over 200, Cass is north of 80, Steph's got close to 30, and I'm not well informed enough on Batwoman to determine how many issues Kate has.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 08-16-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    and I'm not well informed enough on Batwoman to determine how many issues Kate has.
    So far, 52 all told. 62 if you count 'Tec 854-863.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

So she's north of 60.

So TEC's ensemble cast for Rebirth holds almost 500 solo comic issues.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    TEC *is* ridiculously stacked in characters. Honestly, it feels like they're almost required to end up splitting off another solo book or two from this run. Has anyone actually done the calculus for how many solo issues this team has held down outside of Batman?
    Cass- 73 issue ongoing, and (despite it's low quality) a six issue mini, totaling 79 solo issues.
    JPV- 100 issue ongoing.
    Luke Fox- 16 solo issues.
    Kate- 42 issue ongoing, 6 issues of her new ongoing, and 10 issues where she had 'Tec to herself, totaling 58 solo issues.
    Steph- 24 issue ongoning, and the three issues of Robin where she WAS Robin, totalling 27 solo issues.
    And the big boy numbers wise, Tim- a 184 issue ongoing, (subtract the Steph issues and you get 181), a 24 issue ongoing, and 15 issues across his first 3 minis, totaling 220 solo issues.

Altogether, you get a grand total of 500! solo issues.

EDIT: From above posts, I'm seeing I may have gotten my numbers wrong about Kate.( Unsurprising) Regardless, this number is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Kate- 42 issue ongoing, 6 issues of her new ongoing, and 10 issues where she had 'Tec to herself, totaling 58 solo issues.
    Plus two 0 issues, a Future's End issue, and the Rebirth one-shot.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Cass- 73 issue ongoing, and (despite it's low quality) a six issue mini, totaling 79 solo issues.
    JPV- 100 issue ongoing.
    Luke Fox- 16 solo issues.
    Steph- 24 issue ongoning, and the three issues of Robin where she WAS Robin, totalling 27 solo issues.
    And the big boy numbers wise, Tim- a 184 issue ongoing, (subtract the Steph issues and you get 181), a 24 issue ongoing, and 15 issues across his first 3 minis, totaling 220 solo issues.

Altogether, you get a grand total of 500! solo issues.

EDIT: From above posts, I'm seeing I may have gotten my numbers wrong about Kate.( Unsurprising) Regardless, this number is HUGE.
    Cass also had at least one Annual. That's 80.

Dunno if you're counting the Future's End for Luke.

Steph also had the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home issue which functioned as that month's issue of Batgirl, so she's up to 28. It's possible to also add the Huntress/Spoiler Cataclysm one-shot, since that was more focused on Steph's perspective. AND you have the issue of Batman Incorporated. So I personally think she's had 30 solo issues. (Of course, by this logic, the issue of Batgirl where Steph beats the cultist while Cass is catatonic should also count.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

You also the annuals for the Robin series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Cass also had at least one Annual. That's 80.

Dunno if you're counting the Future's End for Luke.

Steph also had the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home issue which functioned as that month's issue of Batgirl, so she's up to 28. It's possible to also add the Huntress/Spoiler Cataclysm one-shot, since that was more focused on Steph's perspective. AND you have the issue of Batman Incorporated. So I personally think she's had 30 solo issues. (Of course, by this logic, the issue of Batgirl where Steph beats the cultist while Cass is catatonic should also count.)
    All true!

And the number just gets bigger! Remember, Cass ALSO had a 4 issue crossover with Dark Horse's Ghost, as well as DC First: Batgirl/Joker , and Batgirl:Secret Files and Origins! There are also Tim's several annuals, and JPV even had a couple annuals.

Oh, and I somehow got the numbering on the Red Robin solo wrong. There were 26 issues, not 24.

This cast's solo issues go well over 500 clearly.
    Last edited by Assam; 08-16-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    You also the annuals for the Robin series
    Well, those were often not for Tim - there was a Dick issue for the Year One annuals, the super far future version, etc. But you could also count things like A Lonely Place of Dying and his miniseries. Or even Steph's opening arc - which was written almost exactly like Tim's solo Robin series would turn out.

All true!

And the number just gets bigger! Remember, Cass ALSO had a 4 issue crossover with Dark Horse's Ghost, as well as DC First: Batgirl/Joker , and Batgirl:Secret Files and Origins! There are also Tim's several annuals, and JPV even had a couple annuals.

Oh, and I somehow got the numbering on the Red Robin solo wrong. There were 26 issues, not 24.

This cast's solo issues go well over 500 clearly.
    Yep! Lots of issues to add!

The bench on Tec is incredibly strong. I just hope they bring back Tim and Steph stat!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

In response to the early solicit for the finale to Lonely Place of Living:

Soooooo, Tim's bringing back Evil Future Batman Tim with him, and he's going to try to kill Kate. Got it.

Honestly, the only thing surprising here is that Steph is on the cover. And with Tim back, that means we may very well have an 8 person team going into the next arc. OYE!

Also, I REALLY hope Tim wasn't put in limbo for a year just to set-up this next arc of 'Tec, and is actually going to contribute something big to the Rebirth plot from all of this.

On the stacked nature of the 'TEC roster:

I hope we see some of the more proven characters filter out. Tim should have his own series, Steph/Cass could carry their own series. Keeping 'TEC super bloated doesn't help anybody.

On Batfascist Tim:

I like it. I personally don't feel that Tim would be able to handle the responsibility of Batman without falling prey to the darker aspects (only I know how to fix this) of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

I hope we see some of the more proven characters filter out. Tim should have his own series, Steph/Cass could carry their own series. Keeping 'TEC super bloated doesn't help anybody.

On Batfascist Tim:

I like it. I personally don't feel that Tim would be able to handle the responsibility of Batman without falling prey to the darker aspects (only I know how to fix this) of his personality.
    I think DC's not as willing to push a new solo after Batwoman's medium performance. I think most likely is, actually, a Tim/Steph/Cass series, but I dunno if they really want to run their most popular characters besides Kate and Bruce out of the book again. Then again, sales for Tec will almost certainly remain solid no matter who comes or goes as long as Bruce is there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

See Miller's response about them being hesitant for more solos following Kate's mediocre sales, but I also agree with them on the higher likelihood, and would be happy with, the idea of a Tim/Steph/Cass series. Those three could all sell well on their own and putting them together could keep pretty good sales me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think DC's not as willing to push a new solo after Batwoman's medium performance. I think most likely is, actually, a Tim/Steph/Cass series, but I dunno if they really want to run their most popular characters besides Kate and Bruce out of the book again. Then again, sales for Tec will almost certainly remain solid no matter who comes or goes as long as Bruce is there.
    Yeah, 'Tec will sell well no matter what (Although an (unlikely) sales drop following their removal could actually be beneficial to showing the demand for the characters). Though I don't think they'd have to remove the three entirely.
    Like, say the team was:
    Bruce and Kate

JPV, Luke and Basil (The three who need 'Tec)

And rotating between the 90's BatBrats for each arc. It would keep the roster number down, and we could still get to see certain dynamics (Tim and Bruce, Cass and Basil, Bruce&Kate and Cass etc.)

Yeah, 'Tec will sell well no matter what (Although an (unlikely) sales drop following their removal could actually be beneficial to showing the demand for the characters). Though I don't think they'd have to remove the three entirely.
    Like, say the team was:
    Bruce and Kate

JPV, Luke and Basil (The three who need 'Tec)

And rotating between the 90's BatBrats for each arc. It would keep the roster number down, and we could still get to see certain dynamics (Tim and Bruce, Cass and Basil, Bruce&Kate and Cass etc.)
    I think that's a nice idea. I'm really curious what Tynion's going to do, now that the cover for Tec 968 reveals that Steph is at least back in contact with the team. That's a very, very large team.

Basically, I think we can conclude in total- a LOT of issues!
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown