Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 142
  1. #76
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think DC's not as willing to push a new solo after Batwoman's medium performance. I think most likely is, actually, a Tim/Steph/Cass series, but I dunno if they really want to run their most popular characters besides Kate and Bruce out of the book again. Then again, sales for Tec will almost certainly remain solid no matter who comes or goes as long as Bruce is there.
    I'd be good with a Tim/Steph/Cass book, although I'm not sure I would want Tynion to write it.

    I think at this point, 'TEC could be carried by Bats, Kate, Luke, Clayface, plus whoever else they want to pull in for an arc or two.

  2. #77
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd be good with a Tim/Steph/Cass book, although I'm not sure I would want Tynion to write it.

    I think at this point, 'TEC could be carried by Bats, Kate, Luke, Clayface, plus whoever else they want to pull in for an arc or two.
    I don't think Tynion would write it. I'd rather he write it than Christopher Sebela or Steve Orlando, who seem the most likely to do so if Tynion doesn't do it himself.

    However, I don't think Tynion would let a Tim solo or team book out of his hands - he loves Tim too much. Which well may be why there is no Tim solo announced.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd be good with a Tim/Steph/Cass book, although I'm not sure I would want Tynion to write it.

    I think at this point, 'TEC could be carried by Bats, Kate, Luke, Clayface, plus whoever else they want to pull in for an arc or two.
    Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking with my rotation of 90's Bats. Though, unlikely as it is, it'd also be cool if the empty spot sixth was used occasionally to bring back into the fold currently lost BatFam members like Onyx or Bette, though like I said, incredibly unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think Tynion would write it. I'd rather he write it than Christopher Sebela or Steve Orlando, who seem the most likely to do so if Tynion doesn't do it himself.

    However, I don't think Tynion would let a Tim solo or team book out of his hands - he loves Tim too much. Which well may be why there is no Tim solo announced.
    While he may very well have changed his mind, Tynion himself DID say awhile ago that he shouldn't be the one to write a Tim solo because he'd be too much of a fanboy.

    I wouldn't want Tynion to write it either, nor would I want Sebela or Orlando. Valentine is writing a Xena comic right now so I'm not sure if that's keeping her busy, but she's said she would always jump at the chance to write Cass. (Also, I've now read some of her Catwoman, and yeah, it was pretty good stuff.)

  4. #79
    Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Attachment 53061

    So I'm not even a fan of B:TAS, but this is still great. (Lord knows if there ever was an animated series based on this team, I would watch it every single day.)
    How does one NOT know about the amazing Rick Celis. He's basically made a big rep for himself via Instagram. I've bought an original pens sheet re-imagining from him of Sword of Azrael does BTAS series style. Guy is great at BTAS covers and iconic images
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

  5. #80
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    While he may very well have changed his mind, Tynion himself DID say awhile ago that he shouldn't be the one to write a Tim solo because he'd be too much of a fanboy.

    I wouldn't want Tynion to write it either, nor would I want Sebela or Orlando. Valentine is writing a Xena comic right now so I'm not sure if that's keeping her busy, but she's said she would always jump at the chance to write Cass. (Also, I've now read some of her Catwoman, and yeah, it was pretty good stuff.)
    I'd be good with Valentine.

    But yes, I'm glad Tynion has acknowledge it. His fanboyness does get in the way of him correctly writing Tim.

  6. #81
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    While he may very well have changed his mind, Tynion himself DID say awhile ago that he shouldn't be the one to write a Tim solo because he'd be too much of a fanboy.

    I wouldn't want Tynion to write it either, nor would I want Sebela or Orlando. Valentine is writing a Xena comic right now so I'm not sure if that's keeping her busy, but she's said she would always jump at the chance to write Cass. (Also, I've now read some of her Catwoman, and yeah, it was pretty good stuff.)
    Eh. See below on my thoughts of Tynion writing a Tim solo or team book. I'm glad he's self-aware, but I think he can do it. Also see below on Valentine.

    Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    How does one NOT know about the amazing Rick Celis. He's basically made a big rep for himself via Instagram. I've bought an original pens sheet re-imagining from him of Sword of Azrael does BTAS series style. Guy is great at BTAS covers and iconic images
    Well, I don't like BTAS very much, so that's likely why I haven't seen his stuff. He's very good, just not in my wheelhouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd be good with Valentine.

    But yes, I'm glad Tynion has acknowledge it. His fanboyness does get in the way of him correctly writing Tim.
    I disagree. I think Tynion's done a really excellent job writing Tim since Batman Eternal. Valentine...hmmm. 1) I'm almost sure she's not available, since she couldn't do the co-writing with Tynion for Tec and was replaced by Christopher Sebela. 2) She's not a terribly attractive prospect commercially for a superhero book. Her Catwoman run was excellent - well crafted, critically acclaimed - but had incredibly poor sales (unjustly, in my opinion, but they were terrible) (though not as terrible as her replacement, which frustrates me). 3) She works best with heros and villains who are deeply compromised - I don't know that I really want her to write that kind of character for Tim, Steph, and Cass. Her writing for Steph was much harder-edged than necessary in Catwoman, and her "banter" in Batman and Robin Eternal really turned me off of Harper as a character (even though I started that series positively disposed towards her). This also means I don't think she really has much interest in the trio, except maybe Steph, and I still can't figure out what she was trying to do with Steph in Catwoman.

    I would hedge what I say above with the fact that Cass's world is incredibly dark, and I think Valentine would have a shot at getting her much more right than Steph or Tim.

    I'll freely admit I don't want Sebela writing for the trio, not because I thought he did a bad job on his one-shot for Steph - I quite liked it - but because I don't like him very much from his twitter. That's completely divorced from his ability to do the job - I think he could do a solid job based on what he wrote previously. HOWEVER, fan response was extremely mixed, so I really don't think he'd be a commercially viable option for a trio book either.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This also means I don't think she really has much interest in the trio, except maybe Steph, and I still can't figure out what she was trying to do with Steph in Catwoman.
    Fair enough thoughts on the other subjects, but Valentine has expressed her love for Cass on multiple occasions, as I mentioned.

    Also, my main reason for not wanting Tynion to write the trio is because, well, I think we've seen what he has to say for them, and while that stuff hasn't been bad by any means (Though I can't say I'm as much of a fan of his Tim as you are), the three definitely haven't been as fleshed out as their Pre-Flashpoint selves. Less egregious with Steph and Tim, who, while great, are more simple characters that I think Tynion could easily improve how he writes them, but more so with Cass whose still missing several major aspects of her personality. Plus, it doesn't seem like he's too interested in the three of them as a group.

  8. #83
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Fair enough thoughts on the other subjects, but Valentine has expressed her love for Cass on multiple occasions, as I mentioned.

    Also, my main reason for not wanting Tynion to write the trio is because, well, I think we've seen what he has to say for them, and while that stuff hasn't been bad by any means (Though I can't say I'm as much of a fan of his Tim as you are), the three definitely haven't been as fleshed out as their Pre-Flashpoint selves. Less egregious with Steph and Tim, who, while great, are more simple characters that I think Tynion could easily improve how he writes them, but more so with Cass whose still missing several major aspects of her personality. Plus, it doesn't seem like he's too interested in the three of them as a group.
    I actually, now that I think of it, think Valentine would be a pretty great choice to write a Cass solo, very much in the mold of Puckett. I just don't really want her writing the trio, if you know what I mean?

    Haha, well, my being a fan of his Tim has a LOT to do with me loving Batman Eternal (the first one). I think his Tim there is really, really excellent, if a supporting character, and I think that's a good representation of how he'd handle Tim in an ensemble book.

    I would agree that he doesn't seem to have re-establishing the bonds between Steph and Cass and Tim and Cass as a priority. (On the other hand, I think it should be priority one, so maybe I'm a bit biased. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

  9. #84
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I disagree. I think Tynion's done a really excellent job writing Tim since Batman Eternal.
    I think he is hands down the best Tim writer since Flashpoint, but thats damning with false praise.

    I think he for the most part gets Tim's easy going / low key personality, but I really don't like how he writes him as a superhero. In my mind he's a great detective who is good with computers, not the Bat Fam's Mr. Fantastic/Tony Stark.

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I think he for the most part gets Tim's easy going / low key personality, but I really don't like how he writes him as a superhero. In my mind he's a great detective who is good with computers, not the Bat Fam's Mr. Fantastic/Tony Stark.
    I think I could have handled most of the tech stuff Tynion had him do...but he really did throw away all suspension of disbelief and wiggle room with what Tim should be capable of with the SELF-REPAIRING BUILDING and no, I will never not find Tim Drake building a SELF-REPAIRING BUILDING anything but stupid.

  11. #86
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think I could have handled most of the tech stuff Tynion had him do...but he really did throw away all suspension of disbelief and wiggle room with what Tim should be capable of with the SELF-REPAIRING BUILDING and no, I will never not find Tim Drake building a SELF-REPAIRING BUILDING anything but stupid.
    Building training robots in Eternal was a little much, the self repairing building and the clayface danger room were way too much.

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Anyone else disappointed that we're gonna be dealing with Pax Batmana, in an arc called Fall of the Batmen, after Lonely Place of Living. Meaning, in all likelihood, it's going to be a Kate arc. A second Kate arc when she has her own book, already had her own arc, and there are still two members of the team who haven't gotten one arc yet.
    They are really pushing Kate a lot now, and I still don't really like how they are promoting her to Bruce second in command above all the other characters.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Building training robots in Eternal was a little much, the self repairing building and the clayface danger room were way too much.
    Already the House he build for his parents in Eternal was a little to much.

    I wish the Batfranchise would in general reduce the techlevel back to the "pre Morrison" level.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,656

    Default

    They are really pushing Kate a lot now, and I still don't really like how they are promoting her to Bruce second in command above all the other characters.
    I'm not a big fan of Kate, but what other option he could have for that position in the current run, Luke, Cass, JPV and Basil don't struck me as the guys suited for the position.

  15. #90
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They are really pushing Kate a lot now, and I still don't really like how they are promoting her to Bruce second in command above all the other characters.
    You still don't seem to have an actual reason for that dislike, I've noticed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Kate, but what other option he could have for that position in the current run, Luke, Cass, JPV and Basil don't struck me as the guys suited for the position.
    Plus, part of the reason Bruce formed the team was to act as a containment unit of sorts while the Colony problem was dealt with, and part of that was to prevent her from tipping Jacob off or, worse, actually joining him.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •