Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    IMO Dick should understand Bruce better than Cass, I don't see how that is ludicrous.
    In terms of knowing Bruce as a person (Likes, dislikes, mannerisms etc.) I agree. Besides Alfred, no one should know Bruce better in that regard. I was more referring to understanding how Bruce thinks, and I personally feel Cass's solo book (Along with scattered other moments) made it clear that, in that regard, Cass understands him in a way no one else could. Maybe it's better to put it like this: Dick knows Bruce better. Cass knows Batman better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I'd definitely put Kate in the third spot tagged along with Bruce and Dick. I mean, who else even comes close to their status?
    I find it strange to put her above Barbara, Tim, Jason or Helena who are imo more experienced.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-18-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I find it strange to put her above Barbara, Tim, Jason or Helena who are imo more experienced.
    You're doing that thing again where you're conflating publication history with experience. And I'm not talking about experience in terms of time, but what they've actually done.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-18-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Even if she got over the Burnside personality, NuBabs isn't worth anything. Jason and (especially) Helena are outsiders. (And Pre-FP the former was a villain) And for Tim, Pre-FP he'd only just become Cass's equal (overall) as Red Robin, and NuTim....sucks.

Right before FP, I would say the "hierarchy" went:

Bruce- Oracle- DickBats
    Cass-Tim
    Steph-Damian
    Batman Inc.
    Everyone Else (Either a villain (Jason) or working completely away from Bats)

Obviously, things are a lot less clear these days thanks to reboots, personality changes, and so many more characters working within the Family.
    Last edited by Assam; 08-18-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You're doing that thing again where you're conflating publication history with experience. And I'm not talking about experience in terms of time, but what they've actually done.
    I don't see a big difference, they started all their crime fighting career before Kate (and in most cases even started to lead teams) and have imo at least done as much as she has.

Onyl exception his the new Helena, but she was the leader of a big international spy organisation, which is imo also quite impressive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Jason and (especially) Helena are outsiders.
    And Kate wasn't pre rebirth?

BANNED

And Kate wasn't pre rebirth?
    I agree with you. Look at the above "hierarchy" of the Pre-FP Batfam, and I counted Kate among those not working with the Bats.

I don't see a big difference, they started all their crime fighting career before Kate (and in most cases even started to lead teams) and have imo at least done as much as she has.
    Then they should all be roughly even, yet you're acting like they have massively more experience than she does.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Looking at 963 variant and 964 main covers, looks like something and or important will happen to clayface there.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Looking at 963 variant and 964 main covers, looks like something and or important will happen to clayface there.
    Link?

1ochar

Babara, Jason, Tim, and Helena haven't done anything recently that puts them on a level 'above or even' with the likes of Bruce, Dick, and Kate. They're second tier in comparison to the others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Babara, Jason, Tim, and Helena haven't done anything recently that puts them on a level 'above or even' with the likes of Bruce, Dick, and Kate. They're second tier in comparison to the others.
    And what exactly has Kate that makes her even with Bruce and Dick?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Then they should all be roughly even, yet you're acting like they have massively more experience than she does.
    That kind of depends how the timeline will look like in the end of Rebirth, but if we assue it will be roughly similar to pre flashpoint, the differnce between Kate and the is not as big as between her and Bruce or Dick, but still in the order of a few years.

No one has said she's even with either of them.

That kind of depends how the timeline will look like in the end of Rebirth, but if we assue it will be roughly similar to pre flashpoint, the differnce between Kate and the is not as big as between her and Bruce or Dick, but still in the order of a few years.
    So... roughly similar, as I said. That is to say, not a huge factor.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-18-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Outside of Dick, Bruce seems to trust her the most when it comes to her taking charge(leading the bat family in certain situations), something we have not seen from Jason, Helena, Tim, Babs, Cass, etc.

Kate is also second in command of the Tec team, as chosen by Bruce himself.

There's also the fact a lot of those in the Bat Family view her as a mentor of sorts(within the tec team). I have not seen any of that with any of the others you listed.

If there is a person who can make a case of being the 3rd pillar in Gotham behind Bruce and Dick, it's Kate, none of the others currently come close in my book.

Jason, Helena, and Babs are typically off doing their own thing, Cass and Steph are still in training to a degree, Tim has been MIA(and was basically Kate's right hand man before his trip away). There's also Damian, he too hasn't been spending too much time in Gotham as of recent, and even if he was I doubt the majority of his peers would hold him in higher regard over Kate.