Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post

I doubt the majority of his peers would hold him in higher regard over Kate.
    With the exception of maybe Duke (I haven't read Robin WAR but I've heard they're friends), I don't think a single member of the current BatFam would defer to Damian under any circumstances.

Extraordinary Member

If there is a person who can make a case of being the 3rd pillar in Gotham behind Bruce and Dick, it's Kate, none of the others currently come close in my book.
    IMO it should be Barbara. Sadly the completely ruined her with Burnside.

Outside of Dick, Bruce seems to trust her the most when it comes to her taking charge(leading the bat family in certain situations), something we have not seen from Jason, Helena, Tim, Babs, Cass, etc.
    H eput Jason in charge of Batman Inc. during the fight with Leviathan.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-18-2017 at 12:15 PM.

BANNED

Why is Jason even mentioned here or Barbara, or Dick, when they aren`t part of the cast?

There`s no point talking about hierarchy when this book works with x number of characters and those three aren`t in it. Sometimes you have leave your personal bias outside. Kate is second in comand in this book because retroactively she`s the oldest and most experienced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Why is Jason even mentioned here or Barbara, or Dick, when they aren`t part of the cast?
    Because we discussed about the complete Batfamily and not just the TEC team.

BANNED

It`s a futile exercise, there`s no hierarchy in stone. The older kids like jay, Dick, Kate and Barbara will always have bigger choices to shoulder than the rest of them. It`s just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    IMO it should be Barbara. Sadly the completely ruined her with Burnside.

H eput Jason in charge of Batman Inc. during the fight with Leviathan.
    Agreed, it should be Babs. But how she has been written as of late? Nope.. just no.

True, Bruce did put Jason in charge during the whole Batman Inc. battle. But with Kate we've seen Batman let her take charge on more than one occasion(very recently), not just a single instance. Kate is currently one of Batman's closets allies(on field), probably only right under Dick.

Because we discussed about the complete Batfamily and not just the TEC team.
    Pretty much this

BANNED

It`s a futile exercise, there`s no hierarchy in stone. The older kids like jay, Dick, Kate and Barbara will always have bigger choices to shoulder than the rest of them. It`s just common sense.
    I think it's wrong to say "always". For all we know, the next time there's a re-launch, Damian will age another few years, Cass will return to being older than Jason, and Kate will be made younger than Dick and Babs.

BANNED

If there`s one I`ll safely bet to set in stone is the chance of that happening. As long Kate is Bruce`s cousin which is a component of her character, she will always be more experienced than the likes of Tim despite him having been created much earlier. He`ll be perpetually in his teens as he`s been in the last 3 decades.

Damian and Cass can age but Dick and Jason will always be the elders in relation to them. Again, components of characters are relationship dinamics depend on it.

BANNED

Damian and Cass can age but Dick and Jason will always be the elders in relation to them. Again, components of characters are relationship dinamics depend on it.
    Again, there's that word "always". Ignoring that very few things in comics in 100% permanent (ex. As you said, Tim will ALWAYS be a teenager), this wasn't the case Pre-Flashpoint. Cass was 19 at the time she and Bruce went to Jason's grave on what would have been his 18th birthday.

And regarding character dynamics, you're right about Damian, but Cass doesn't HAVE a dynamic with either Dick or Jason. She could have FINALLY had one with Dick following Gates of Gotham, but then Flashpoint happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Cass was 19 at the time she and Bruce went to Jason's grave on what would have been his 18th birthday.
    She was iirc also 18.

BANNED

She was iirc also 18.
    Nope, common misconception. (Even I didn't realize for a time that that couldn't be the case)

Her birthday is confirmed as being January 26th.

When she was introduced in No Man's Land, she was 17. However, NML ended on New Years. And a full year passed between Batgirl # 9 and Batgirl #25 in story. Making it impossible for her to not have been 19 by the grave visit.

Extraordinary Member

Nope, common misconception. (Even I didn't realize for a time that that couldn't be the case)

Her birthday is confirmed as being January 26th.

When she was introduced in No Man's Land, she was 17. However, NML ended on New Years. And a full year passed between Batgirl # 9 and Batgirl #25 in story. Making it impossible for her to not have been 19 by the grave visit.
    But she had iirc her 18th Birthday in Batgirl 37.

And passing time makes anyway not much sense in the Batman franchise, if you would by that Tim would have allready been above 20 before flashpoint.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-18-2017 at 01:42 PM.

BANNED

But she had iirc her 18th Birthday in Batgirl 37.
    Just consulted my copy to double check, it being her "18th" birthday wasn't mentioned.

And passing time makes anyway not much sense in the Batman franchise, if you would by that Tim would have allready been above 20 before flashpoint.
    Tim is...Tim. I don't think there's a single character whose age is more confusing than him.

Extraordinary Member

Just consulted my copy to double check, it being her "18th" birthday wasn't mentioned.

Tim is...Tim. I don't think there's a single character whose age is more confusing than him.
    DC really went out of their way to resist following the logic of Tim having actually aged after OYL. It's like someone looked at the numbers, and someone else freaked out about that somehow being bad and decreed he couldn't get older. Which is a shame because FabNic had some plans for Tim's birthday, if I remember correctly.

Cass always struck me as being about a year older than Tim. Mostly because they established that she was already a young woman when she joined up, and she acted more like a spirited young adult than a teen. Of course, that's also because she was wise well beyond her years in some things (mortality, life and death, Justice) even while seeming to have underdeveloped social skills and understanding (interactions with people she was attracted to, everyday social interactions)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP