Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

trade and online might keep this book afloat

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I've personally liked Avery from the start and she's only gotten better. Honestly, the one member of the JLC I'm not absolutely in love with is Baixi. I agree that this one of the best Rebirth titles, and it's my personal favorite.

I obviously don't want to see this crew go away, and as far as sales go, while floppy sales aren't improving (I still maintain a rebranding as "Justice League of China" would increase sales) I think its been doing decently in trade sales.

I like everyone in the team

Yea I really hope it doesnt end anytime soon, I think your right a relaunch as "Justice League of China" would probably help

BANNED

hopefully the writer can finish his story... that's all we can ask... feels like there's a lot to the Dr. Omen story...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    trade and online might keep this book afloat
    Likely. The book very much reads as written for trades.

where does everyone think the story will go from here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    where does everyone think the story will go from here?
    Not sure about the current storyline (Unpredictability is great and rare these days so I'm glad about this), but following this storyline, I'm expecting some focus on Baixi or Avery (possibly picking up on the Alpaca) and possibly the addition of a Lantern of China, which was teased toward the beginning of the book.

Not sure about the current storyline (Unpredictability is great and rare these days so I'm glad about this), but following this storyline, I'm expecting some focus on Baixi or Avery (possibly picking up on the Alpaca) and possibly the addition of a Lantern of China, which was teased toward the beginning of the book.
    Yeah hopefully we see Alpaca addressed. Maybe Baixi and Deilan will deal will her while Kenan is doing something else. Since the books seems to like pairing the team off.

A GL of China would be cool, but how would it be done? A ring from a dead lantern the chinease managed to find or something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

A GL of China would be cool, but how would it be done? A ring from a dead lantern the Chinese managed to find or something?
    I don't think it'll be a GL. The team is color coded, and we already have Deilan wearing green. And since the others wear Red, Blue and Violet, that leaves yellow, indigo and orange. Not sure on the "how" but we know there's a Lantern academy.

I don't think it'll be a GL. The team is color coded, and we already have Deilan wearing green. And since the others wear Red, Blue and Violet, that leaves yellow, indigo and orange. Not sure on the "how" but we know there's a Lantern academy.
    A yellow lantern would definitely be cool. The light generated somehow in the Academy of the Bat was Green though - so I dont really know.

Could be the Academy is training Lanterns to master each section of the Emotional Spectrum and one of those specific colors ends up joining the League.

Fantastic Member

True. Though, there is a Green Lantern that has ties to China, and nothing to do with the emotional spectrum...though I doubt this is the book they're going to use to bring that Lantern back.

Incredible Member

Some thoughts:

spoilers:

- Nice seeing the Great Ten! I find it funny how they're the "sane adults" of this story. I remember their mini was pretty good, too bad the art was horrible.
    - I like how the cops react as, well, cops should react to a huge green snake going around.
    - I like how Kenan is so unsure of pulling a Superman, but goes with it anyway.
    - Love to see Kenan being the leader. Like his plan for covert hostage liberation... too bad his plans go a bit astray against reality.
    - The Freedom Fighters become goons. Damn, reality is a harsh mistress.
    - How old Kenan was when he lost his mother? Because its getting weird that Kenan can't recognize his own mother. Did his father deny him pictures or something?
    - Avery is cool! DROPKICKS!

- So, I-Ching and E-Ching (I think his name is All-Yang? I'm gonna miss my "E-Ching" moniker) meet again. So, OUR Ching is the shadow, therefore he's the one that is the "fake". Could be wrong and he's the real deal, or they're both split from each other and each other thinks he's the real deal. I-Ching calls All-Yang "Brother", which offends him. So, look at it:
    1. All-Yang and I-Ching are split beings made of divided qi.
    2. I-Ching is the real deal and All-Yang is a impostor, or part of his Yang qi.
    3. They're BOTH I-Ching. More precisely, we know All-Yang is aware of the timeline reboots and unlike everyone else, he didn't forget. So, All-Yang is the classic I-Ching from the "Pantsuit Wonder Woman" era back in the Bronze Age, and I-Ching is his New52 Post-Flashpoint version. Thoery: I think the qi is still involved, perhaps mirroring what happened to Superman. What I mean is, what happens, qi wise, if a timeline reboot happens, but both the original and the new deal remain as separate? The qi is, if I remember right, the spiritual energy that permeates all things, and is what your soul is made of. So, after the reboots, we have two Chings, and they're from the same universe but different, altered timelines. Then their qi, like what happened to Superman, is split between those two Chings, with one becoming All-Yang.

It may also explain how All-Yang can enpower Superman Zero with yang/solar power: Because he has no yin to balance/neutralize his Yang and vice-versa, he's all Yang and it literally comes out of his pores, allowing him to empower kryptonian-likes. That may also lead to the whole "Ego/Self impedes the flow of power" thing, which may be how All-Yang knows about that - because he lost (the yin) half of his self, so the power flows out of him easily. That may be the same for our Ching, but because he embodies a shadowy principle, he has to advice and use subtle displays of powers, rather than the action and power of All-Yang.

- FINALLY they kissed! Honestly, I was thinking she would reveal she liked Kenan, but Kenan didn't feel the same.
    - The fight against Emperor Superman is a bit quick, but Kenan finally unlocking heat vision and realizing how his power really works may have allowed him to outclass the egoless Emperor.
    - BACKSTAB!
    - So, is Zero dead?

end of spoilers

Incredible Member

An aside: If we're getting a lantern of China, I wonder how would the emotional spectrum idea fare mixed with east asian daoist/buddhist spiritualism.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    An aside: If we're getting a lantern of China, I wonder how would the emotional spectrum idea fare mixed with east asian daoist/buddhist spiritualism.
    The Buddha taught that to realize enlightenment, a person must develop two qualities: wisdom and compassion. Wisdom and compassion are sometimes compared to two wings that work together to enable flying, or two eyes that work together to see deeply.

A Chinese Indigo Lantern, perhaps?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    The Buddha taught that to realize enlightenment, a person must develop two qualities: wisdom and compassion. Wisdom and compassion are sometimes compared to two wings that work together to enable flying, or two eyes that work together to see deeply.

A Chinese Indigo Lantern, perhaps?
    I like this! If anyone can make this real, I'll fund you!