View Poll Results: Who's the second greatest Batman villain ?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two-Face

29 20.42%
  • Riddler

20 14.08%
  • Bane

14 9.86%
  • Catwoman

4 2.82%
  • Penguin

7 4.93%
  • Hush

2 1.41%
  • Ra's Al Ghul

47 33.10%
  • Scarecrow

6 4.23%
  • Mr Freeze

2 1.41%
  • Poison Ivy

3 2.11%
  • Hugo Strange

2 1.41%
  • Others (mention below)

6 4.23%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    As much as I love Two-Face, I'd have to say Ras Al Ghul.
    The weird thing is I don't care much for high stakes and Ra's or Bane are just cool villains in stories I don't care much about. Didn't like Batman Inc, too much James Bond. Mildly excited for King's Bane (I'm a tradereader) as I like Knightfall and NML Bane well enough. Ra's was cool in BTAS and Batman Begins.

NOTE: This thread was originally created in August 2017
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

With 70 people having voted, results so far have:
    * Ra's Al Ghul = 26 votes
    * Two-Face = 11 votes
    * Bane = 9 votes
    * Riddler = 8 votes
    * Scarecrow = 5 votes
    * Penguin = 4 votes

All other choices had fewer than 4 votes.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The Ventriloquist might be my favorite Batman villain of all time. The question whether or not Wesker is in control of Scarface or if Scarface is in some way supernatural is a great dynamic. Also the concept of a timid nerd being forced into crime by his mobster puppet is hilarious.

Incredible Member

Definitely Harvey Two-Face, considering his former friendship with both Bruce Wayne and Batman. I especially loved it recently when the writers gave him the knowledge of Bruce's secret identity, if anyone deserved to learn the truth, it's Harvey. And it makes their showdowns all the more interesting.

Wow, no love for Hugo Strange other than me? I'm not even saying he had the best stories, but conceptually he has the most interesting dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The Ventriloquist might be my favorite Batman villain of all time. The question whether or not Wesker is in control of Scarface or if Scarface is in some way supernatural is a great dynamic. Also the concept of a timid nerd being forced into crime by his mobster puppet is hilarious.
    I feel like he should makes more sense as a Superman villain. I would fuse him with Toyman. His stories are never really about "Can this dude kill Batman, it's more about, how will Batman stop him since he is sort of a victim in the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I struggle to understand Ra's Al Ghul's popularity. I've read each of his considered "good" stories and I still don't get it. I have many friends who don't read comics and they know who Penguin, Two-Face, Mr Freeze, Bane, Joker, Scarecrow, Riddler and Catwoman are, but never Ra's.
    Ra's is an almost new character, relative to all you listed but Bane. He was created in the 70s and reading his early issues at the time they came out was very exciting. He just never evolved in any interesting way going forward.

Is it possible that your friends that don't read comics know about the rest through other media? That would make sense to me as Ra's is missing from other media apart from Batman Begins.

I guess Scarecrow is my second favorite after Joker. Not his second best villain but my second favorite--and he could be a much better villain if he got more attention. I'm a sucker for dream/fear/greatest wish sort of stories for what they tell us about a heroes psyche. I feel the same way about the Black Mercy and Dr. Destiny. Not that they're the best but that they're my favorite sorts of stories to read.

Would go with Bane,there are very few enemies who have clear solid victories over Batman, bane is one of the very few who has straight up found ways to defeat batman.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Hugo Strange for me. I feel that there so many untapped potentials as a great foil for our caped crusader.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Now with 87 people having voted,
    * Ra's Al Ghul = 31 votes
    * Two-Face = 14 votes
    * Bane = 11 votes
    * Riddler = 11 votes
    * Penguin = 6 votes
    * Scarecrow = 5 votes

All other choices still have fewer than 4 votes for each.

Given the scale of his threat and his impact and legacy on the Bat Family, I voted for Ras Al Ghul.

After 93 people voted,
    * Ra's Al Ghul = 33 votes
    * Two-Face = 15 votes
    * Bane = 11 votes
    * Riddler = 11 votes
    * Penguin = 6 votes
    * Scarecrow = 6 votes

All other choices still have fewer than 4 votes for each.

And Hush has no votes yet.

Somebody has to say this, and I'm disappointed no one yet has, so I'll step up to the plate...

Ahem...

Kite Man. Hell, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Has anyone ever played him in any live-action incarnation?

With the right actor, he could be enormous fun. With the wrong actor, he could be pretty embarrassing. It would be a fine line to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Has anyone ever played him in any live-action incarnation?

With the right actor, he could be enormous fun. With the wrong actor, he could be pretty embarrassing. It would be a fine line to walk.
    I would see him played by Joe Pesci.