Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default He's awesome! Irving Forbush aka Forbush Man Appreciation

I don't know much about him but I like him that's why I created an appreciation thread for him because he deserves to be known more, especially that Not Brand Echh #14 one shot is coming on December 2017!

And honestly, if other fun characters were given an ongoing solo, Forbush Man deserves to have one too.

He's awesome and let's have some fun! :-)

Invincible Member

DUDE!! If i were a staff writer at Marvel I would totally figure a way to bring back Forbush Man in the 616!!

I don't know if you read it but that first imagine you used is from Next Wave which had an issue featuring Irving Forbush and characters from Not Brand Eech and parodies of several different comic book artists.

Invincible Member

Also, don't forget that Ma Hunkle over at DC wears close to the same suit

BANNED

Talking Happy 50th Anniversary Not Brand Echh! 1967-2017

Not Brand Echh #1 Aug 1967
    1st Marvel Parody book. 1st appearance of Forbush Man.
    The Silver Burper, script by Stan Lee, art by Jack Kirby and Frank Giacoia;

A comical re-telling of the Surfer's encounter with Dr. Doom from Fantastic Four #57-60,
    starring Thung (Bim Grimm), Weed Wichards, Human Scorch, and Inevitable Girl (Shrew Storm).
    The Fastest Gums in the West starring Too-Gone Kid, script by Roy Thomas, art by Marie Severin.

The Battle of the Century, script by Roy Thomas, art by Ross Andru, Bill Everett, and Mike Esposito (as Mickey Demeo);

The Human Scorch battles The Sunk-Mariner.
    A Day of Blunder! starring Sgt. Furious and His Hostile Commandos!!, script by Gary Friedrich, art by John Severin.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Marie Severin!!!

Spidey-Man vs. Gnatman and Rotten

From Not Brand Echh #2 Sep 1967, written by Stan Lee, with art by Marie Severin, John Romita and Frank Giacoia
    http://13thdimension.com/kirby-100-m...e-to-the-king/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I don't know much about him but I like him that's why I created an appreciation thread for him because he deserves to be known more, especially that Not Brand Echh #14 one shot is coming on December 2017!

And honestly, if other fun characters were given an ongoing solo, Forbush Man deserves to have one too.

He's awesome and let's have some fun! :-)

......Slight correction time.....

NOT BRAND ECHH #14 will be released in November, so it won't be that long of a wait....!!

If Marvel ever does decide to reboot their entire universe, I'm hoping that Forbush Man is the agent of that reboot. Maybe with Willie Lumpkin.

I'd love a Markandeya (from Hinduism) moment where, in between cycles of creation, Lumpkin (the only mortal so survive) is wandering through the cold, icy, swamps of this in-between world only to see a strange pot-headed figure, the avatar of the new age to come, sitting under a sign saying "Not Brand Ecch!".

Spiritual enlightenment and hilarity ensues... cue bad laugh track.

Mighty Member

thats funny they brought in pop from archie

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ......Slight correction time.....

NOT BRAND ECHH #14 will be released in November, so it won't be that long of a wait....!!
    Yeah, they swapped the dates around. It was originally meant to be December, according to the original announcement, but then it turned up in the Nov solicits. The other five one-shots were all originally advertised as November releases. But Dazzler wasn't solicited. She must've swapped places with NBE.

BANNED

Not Brand Echh #3 Oct 1967
    "Who says a comic book has to be any good?" That's Not Brand Echh's motto.
    Featured in this issue of Marvel's hilarious parody book are the origins of the Mighty Sore,

the Inedible Bulk

and Charlie America.

Featuring the talents of Smilin' Stan Lee, Jolly Jack Kirby, Gary Friedrich, Marie Severin, Roy Thomas, and Tom Sutton.

Mighty Member

i hope they make a tpb of all the issues

BANNED

Not Brand Echh #4 Nov 1967
    Scaredevil Defeated by the Evil Electrico, written by Stan Lee, with art by Gene Colan;

Sunk-Mariner Kayoed by Krank written by Gary Friedrich, with art by Marie Severin;

and The Ecchs-Men, If Magneat-O Should Clobber Us written by Roy Thomas, with art by Tom Sutton.

Stan Lee and the Marvel Bullpen parody themselves in MAD-style spoof stories.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Not Brand Echh #5 Dec 1967
    The Origin of Forbush-Man, written by Stan Lee, with art by Jack Kirby;

The Revengers vs. Charlie America written by Roy Thomas, with art by Gene Colan;

and The Thung vs. The Inedible Bulk written by Stan Lee, with art by Marie Severin.

BANNED

Not Brand Echh #6 Feb 1968
    The Human Scorch Has to Meet the Family, written by Stan Lee, with art by Jack Kirby;

Dr. Deranged, Best Side Story written by Gary Friedrich, with art by Tom Sutton;

and The Wedding of Spidey-Man, or With This Ring, I Thee Web written by Gary Friedrich, with art by Marie Severin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    DUDE!! If i were a staff writer at Marvel I would totally figure a way to bring back Forbush Man in the 616!!
    The character should then totally team-up with the likes of Slapstick, Deadpool or Howard the Duck IMO.