Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

One that I feel missing is Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder's Action Comic run...Soule and Tony Daniel's SMWW run also

I liked most of it for a while, but in the end just have fond memories of a few
    and plan of collecting them in trades soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I liked the fact that it was a new era and new things could be tried out rather than trying to recycle and reprint the same stuff over and over.
    Well put, Outside_85.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I wouldn't mind a return of September gimmicks, I remember enjoying villains month.
    I'm surprised DC hasn't done something like that for Rebirth. I do know they increased sales, so why not? At least Zero month and Villians month did, I get the feeling that Future's End didn't do too well. They would have to have a nice hook though, like Silver Age month or something.

Also the dead kids comment is a callback to a thread criticizing the New 52 for, well, having too many dead kids. Good times!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Also, I'm not seeing too many DCYou picks, that still is part of the New 52 though correct? I've only recently read Starfire and Omega Men and I can't recommend the latter enough! Are there any other good DCYou titles?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    One that I feel missing is Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder's Action Comic run...Soule and Tony Daniel's SMWW run also
    Pak and Kuder's Action Comics is one of my favorite Superman comics of all time. Same goes for Soule's Swamp Thing.

Hell yea Loved Superman and Wonder woman (with Ursa back now i guess faora is gone sigh)

Loved new 52 Jor el and lara they had great personalities.

Loved new 52 Batman

Demon Knights (wish they came in the modern era)

Justice league Dark

new 52 Wonder Woman

Grayson

Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    You mist:
    "mist"?!?

Not sure if English is your primary language or not, but "mist" would be a bit wet, wouldn't it?

(I assume you meant "missed"; past tense of "miss".)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Also, I'm not seeing too many DCYou picks, that still is part of the New 52 though correct? I've only recently read Starfire and Omega Men and I can't recommend the latter enough! Are there any other good DCYou titles?
    From about that time I liked:
    * We Are Robin
    * Doctor Fate
    * Gotham Academy

Also worth mentioning: Gotham by Midnight

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very interesting thread. I actually left comics because of the n52, but I did come back before it was over, so there's definitely some stuff I appreciate very much. (And yes, DC You was considered part of the n52, because all of the stories have the same continuity.)

Comics I love:

Batman Eternal - after three years, my favorite character came back in a year long, weekly story. Introducing many old favorites (Vicky Vale, Jason Bard, Carmine Falcone, Julia Pennyworth), new characters (The Lion, Bluebird), and the best character of all (Stephanie Brown!), Batman Eternal isn't a perfect series (the ending in particular is very poorly structured in terms of portraying Batman as detective), but reading it felt like spending a year with my favorite characters in Gotham, and it serves as a really great primer of the writers and artists who shaped the n52 and Rebirth (seriously: almost every artist of prominence worked on that series).

Robin Son of Batman - While the second half of the series, when writer/artist Patrick Gleason fell ill a few times, is much weaker, the first half, Year of Blood, is a fantastic (if a bit wonkily paced) story building off of the 4 years of comics Gleason did with Peter Tomasi on Batman and Robin, but without Tomasi's tendency to glorify Bruce and Damian's arrogance and self-centeredness. The gorgeous art, and incredibly fun new characters of Maya and Goliath build the story as a great redemption, buddy cop, and boy and dog combination.

The Omega Men (DC You) - though the message is really the same as a single issue Chuck Dixon wrote for the Birds of Prey back in the late 90s, writer Tom King and artist Barnaby Bagenda (not to mention colorist Romulo Fajardo) crafted something that is incredibly powerful.

Convergence: The Question - The Convergence event was...pretty terrible, really. The main title was a mess of writing and conglomerated rushed art, and the tie ins ranged from inconsequential is sweet (Lois and Clark), ridiculously sloppy (Batgirl), to really sub-par (Nightwing and Oracle). But this one two-parter is an intensely powerful conclusion to the story of Renee Montoya, from Rucka's first prose story for her in The Batman Chronicles, through No Man's Land, Detective Comics, Gotham Central, 52, and The Question: Pipeline. Cully Hamner's vivid and appealing art perfectly complements Rucka's carefully crafted words.

Catwoman (DC You) - Genevieve Valentine's run on Catwoman is intricately crafted. While I can understand why long term Selina fans might not enjoy its slow, grim, unrelentingly tragic pace and tone, the way Valentine builds the characters and plot is really artful. It sadly came to an end too soon (the last two issues feel like they needed at least one more to really land the story), and David Messina's art doesn't match the rough power of Garry Brown's in the second arc, but it's an arc well worth the reading.

Batgirl: Future's End - Not actually the greatest story, but Simone wrote the best Steph and Cass of her life, and a decent (if implausible) Barbara Gordon. Collaborating with a solid artist (also featured in Batman Eternal), and an uncredited script pass by Batgirl Stephanie Brown scribe Bryan Q. Miller, this issue gave a Steph fan's heart joy for many days.

Comics I liked:

Batman and Robin Eternal (DC You) - though much, much more flawed than its predecessor, I think there are still many jewels in this six month weekly, especially the beautiful ballet two-page spread by Alvaro Martinez, and the gorgeous issue #13 by series head writer James Tynion IV and artist Marcio Takara.

Starfire - Noteable mostly to me for being incredibly fun, with heartbreakingly beautiful art by Emanuela Luppachino.

Nightwing - Though Kyle Higgins never got to tell the story I think he's truly capable of after Gates of Gotham, Nightwing was pretty solid. I really look forward to his Nightwing: The New Order comic coming up.

Grayson (DC You) - Tom King and Tim Seeley told a richly textured, experimental story following up on Higgins's work with Dick Grayson, with some really standout issues being the Future's End one-shot, and the issue where Dick returns to Gotham and reveals his survival to his family. The moment where he meets Damian again after both have returned from the dead makes me weep every time. "You're alive?"

Batwoman - Really only the Blackman and Williams issues, though I like Alice/Beth's return in the final arc, this had a murderer's row of artists and a really solid development for many awesome characters.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Aaaah! How could I forget Robin: son of Batman? It was the best comic starring Damian Wayne, I'd love a continuation.