Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm has broken through a mountain, repelled bullets at point blank range, repelled Cyke's blasts, smooshed a nuke, and deflected a global killer solar flare with her powers. It's not that she can't make shields, its just that writers don't write her doing it very often. Hence, inconsistent use of her powers. I mean, I get it, with full defensive and offensive capabilities in use, she can take out almost any character.
    thank you

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what are u talking about
    ?
    I meant type she blocked a bullet when her back was turned. It was during New X-Men when Lilandra tried to kill Charles she sensed it and immediately stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I meant type she blocked a bullet when her back was turned. It was during New X-Men when Lilandra tried to kill Charles she sensed it and immediately stopped it.
    jean is still a mutant with human durability if she is stabbed she dies:

..and if she is for reason distracted and unable to sense a bullet it will pierce her skin.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2017 at 12:33 PM.

So this is now another Storm thread. Who would have thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    All hail the TRUE queen and All-goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    No, most of this thread had been about Wolverine and X23
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

To answer the topic I agree with people saying Storm and Wolverine I guess. Probably if you're a very famous iconic popular character existing for literally thousands of issues there is going to be a massive discrepancy there. Claremont decided to go over the top metaphorical poetic with Storm early on, her top-end feats have NEVER been shown since then but they are still existing technically in canon so Storm fans MAY refer to them, however tenuous and dubious such claims are in this day and age.

With Wolverine yes clearly as he gained popularity his powers went way way way up.

I think you can also put Legion into this maybe since his top end is literally anything, so anytime he faces any sort of a limit at all, it's inconsistent
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    To answer the topic I agree with people saying Storm and Wolverine I guess. Probably if you're a very famous iconic popular character existing for literally thousands of issues there is going to be a massive discrepancy there. Claremont decided to go over the top metaphorical poetic with Storm early on, her top-end feats have NEVER been shown since then but they are still existing technically in canon so Storm fans MAY refer to them, however tenuous and dubious such claims are in this day and age.

With Wolverine yes clearly as he gained popularity his powers went way way way up.

I think you can also put Legion into this maybe since his top end is literally anything, so anytime he faces any sort of a limit at all, it's inconsistent
    she actually has done some things that call fall under her top end feats (not as high end as her galactic core feat arguably) recently. in two instances she manipulated the elemental energies on a global scale in her solo, in the fantastic four she housed eternity in her body and when she was in the trion dimension she was able to defeat trion and heal their dimension with her power.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she actually has done some things that call fall under her top end feats (not as high end as her galactic core feat arguably) recently. in two instances she manipulated the elemental energies on a global scale in her solo, in the fantastic four she housed eternity in her body and when she was in the trion dimension she was able to defeat trion and heal their dimension with her power.
    Good point on her solo I actually did read that issue with her outburst of grief about Wolvie's death . Didn't read that F4 issue but I will say when it comes to the F4 all sorts of insane wacky cosmic hijinks can happen that don't always translate to other books
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

Wondering where Psylocke ranks. She does pretty good in the fighting art and could be better if she actually use her powers whilst fighting kinda like Mister X. Still, she stays honorable when she does fight hence the jack butt killing her named Vargas. Love to see where she ranks with Elektra and Lady Bullseye (R.I.P.)

Colossus is the X-brawler I want to see matched up as well. I just don't quite know where he is when other characters such as Thing or Ulik are involved. I know hes stronger than someone like Luke Cage and Warpath, but Orka? Namor? hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good point on her solo I actually did read that issue with her outburst of grief about Wolvie's death . Didn't read that F4 issue but I will say when it comes to the F4 all sorts of insane wacky cosmic hijinks can happen that don't always translate to other books
    agreed I think the reason I think we were able to even to see these things was because it was her solo. very rarely is she written in team books these days as such.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Colossus is the X-brawler I want to see matched up as well. I just don't quite know where he is when other characters such as Thing or Ulik are involved. I know hes stronger than someone like Luke Cage and Warpath, but Orka? Namor? hmm.
    As a teen, Colossus was the equal of the Thing (as shown in an arm wrestling contest in Uncanny X-men Annual #1, and only big Ben Grimm lasted longer against the Champion of the Universe in the famouse Marvel-Two-In-One Annual #7. He's gotten much stronger, both naturally and as a result of being rebuilt by Magneto after the Mutant Massacre, but he'll always be the prime candidate for the Worf Effect in comics.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Inconsistent thy name is Professor Charles Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Run away, the cops are here. Storm Troopers is the name for her knowledgeable and loyal fans.
    We're called raindrops.

BANNED

Im sorry but with regeneration, Wolverine is the best.