Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

BANNED

Does this mean the Kinsman’s franchise will be coming to Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Does this mean the Kinsman’s franchise will be coming to Netflix?
    No fox owns the movie rights for now the rights may return one day tho and I believe Netflix gets a % of the movie profit at least I'm not sure about TV rights tho?

BANNED

Netflix is now the sole owner of Millarworld, which mean any future profit owed to Millarworld go to Netflix.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-14-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Has any independent comic creator scored as big as Mark Millar has lately? It feels like you have to go all the way back to Eastman and Laird, and their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle creations to see independents crossing over as successfully as Millar seems to have in mainstream media releases. And Millar has done it with multiple comics properties. It’s really pretty amazing. I’m not even thinking of his Marvel work on Ultimates/Avengers or Civil War, either. Just his Millarworld and independent (until Netflix) work.
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-19-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Has any independent comic creator scored as big as Mark Millar has lately? It feels like you have to go all the way back to Eastman and Laird, and their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle creations to see independents crossing over as successfully as Millar seems to have in mainstream media releases. And Millar has done it with multiple comics properties. It’s really pretty amazing. I’m not even thinking of his Marvel work on Ultimates/Avengers or Civil War, either. Just his Millarworld and independent (until Netflix) work.
    J. O'Barr did a lot more with a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    J. O'Barr did a lot more with a lot less.
    That is true. The same could be said for Mignola’s Hellboy. But I was thinking more of the sheer number of different properties. Yes, others have done more with less than what Millar has written and built.

Sure.

That said, I don't know that I think that Millar's stuff has the legs that any of the other things discussed would.

TMNT/Hellboy/The Crow?

Nine times out of ten, folks will know about it and you probably have a solid chance at doing something with any of them five years down the line.

Wanted or Kick-Ass?

I tend to doubt that they will hold up in the same way. Same goes for the "Jupiter..." stuff.

Never mind that "Nemesis..." is a pretty derivative work to start with.