Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Joe the barbarian isnt miller world is it?
    No, it is Murphy's. I just want more of his work out there so people can experience it.

Also Netflix rakes in $75-80B right now ... 20B won't hurt them. Plus they have their rights fees.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    All this dude cares about is making money off of adaptations of his work. He's more of a businessman than storyteller at this point.
    What is the internets problem with Millar? You'd think he was developing movies with all the crassness of Marvel and DC. So he gets his **** made, so what? That's not some damnable crime. And some good movies about come out of those too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Yeah, it seems more unlikely today since Disney just announced they're starting their own service. Still, Disney will need to make more acquisitions to stay competitive, almost all media companies will. AT&T is buying Time Warner. Comcast bought DreamWorks Animation. DHX Media has been on a major buying spree the last seven or eight years. While dominant now, Disney will have to keep moving forward or it will lose it's edge.
    No, everyone already owns enough to start up their own Netflix. Although Disney is probably the only company to stupid sell off hot properties in this new age of accumulating content.

The future, it's going to be fucking terrible. We're going to see why cable was actually the cheap alternative.

Incredible Member

I don't think Kick-Ass or Kingsman falls under this deal, does it? Because I NEED a Kick-Ass 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    I don't think Kick-Ass or Kingsman falls under this deal, does it? Because I NEED a Kick-Ass 3.
    Apparently not. I was hoping for a reboot that actually followed the comic

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Apparently not. I was hoping for a reboot that actually followed the comic
    That'd be fun. I actually prefer the comic to the movie as well, but I'd be satisfied either way, as long as we get to finish out the trilogy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    What is the internets problem with Millar? You'd think he was developing movies with all the crassness of Marvel and DC. So he gets his **** made, so what? That's not some damnable crime. And some good movies about come out of those too.
    My problem is how he seems to only write comics so they will later be adapted into films. I don't understand why he doesn't just write screenplays instead at this point. It's an insult to the comics medium. Why should I read any of his new comics if they announce movie franchises based on all of them before the first issue is even released?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    No, everyone already owns enough to start up their own Netflix. Although Disney is probably the only company to stupid sell off hot properties in this new age of accumulating content.

The future, it's going to be fucking terrible. We're going to see why cable was actually the cheap alternative.
    What I'm trying to point out is that because of the times we're in, Disney has to keep making occasional acquisitions. The other media companies are and thusly are making great strides towards knocking Disney out of it's current first place position in most entertainment, even animation is under threat due to Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation. Acquisitions saved Disney, but they started something and if they don't want to go the way of dinosaurs they have to keep playing the acquisition game for the time being.

I shudder to think we might actually get an Unfunnies adaptation.
    On the other hand-Empress,Starlight,Superior;I can live with that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I never understand the hate on Mark Millar for getting paid, when Marvel is making a movie and a television show out of every single character they've ever published to the point where it is just overwhelming.

Millar is good at what he does, credit where it is due. Some of his stuff misses the mark, for me, but stuff like Jupiter's Legacy, Huck, Starlight? Great.

What does this have to do with Millarworld?