View Poll Results: Is Cyclops in the white-hot Room?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, and they are making ultra-phoenix love. and having baby phoenixes

25 56.82%
  • no

17 38.64%
  • I don't know

2 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Default Who lives in the "White-Hot Room"?

Hello Everyone.

I was procrastinating lately, and I stumbled upon the xmen member list page. And something caught my attention...

So cyclops current status is dead in "death of X #4". however Jean grey (original one) is: Currently in the "White-Hot Room" with other incarnations of the Phoenix Force.

Which is perfectly normal... But then I was thinking, Cyclops has been the host of the Phoenix force several times right? in AVX and then in the secret wars run. However these universes were fixed or mixed or whatever... And now here we are.

Does that suggests that Scott is currently in White-Hot Room alongside jean and probably others???

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Have a nice day.

Forgotten Utopia.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

My interpretation is that the white hot room is the destination for intended hosts of the Phoenix force.

Cyclops was a host, sure, but the entity didn't choose him out of destiny or fate or whatever. It was forced upon him from tony stark's meddling.

So to me, no- I don't think he's in the WHR. Could be a cool story to tell though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

No it doesn't mean he's in the white hot room. The only people who allowed are those who mostly are intended to wield the Phoenix. Even then it depends if Jean will allow them access like she did her parents.

I think so. Even though he may not be one of the "chosen" hosts(I don't think it's even set in stone that it's only those who go there anyway), the Phoenix seems to like him, and obviously so does Jean, and she got her parents a room there, so...

BANNED

WHR isn't just for Phoenixes, the dead in general go there.

BANNED

Sadly, everybody and their momma is in the WHR... That's why as a concept it's easily ignored.

The Phoenix Force of it's own volition sought out the Stepford Cuckoos in Warsong but we know Esme and Sophie aren't going to any special afterlife, they hang out with Banshee, Thunderbird, Moira and the Madrox clones. The White Hot Room is the Phoenix' prison for Jean and Jean alone.

BANNED

If Cyclops were in the White Hot Room, it'd only be because Jean willed for it to happen. He wasn't chosen as a host of the Phoenix Force.

I imagine that Rachel Grey and Hope Summers will one day be residents. And it's possible that Phoenix of 10,000 BC or whatever, and the Phoenix/Iron Fist girl are also there. It's hard to say given it hasn't been touched on in a while

After murdering the Phoenix Corps Vulcan also resides in the Nexus of realities

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    My interpretation is that the white hot room is the destination for intended hosts of the Phoenix force.

Cyclops was a host, sure, but the entity didn't choose him out of destiny or fate or whatever. It was forced upon him from tony stark's meddling.

So to me, no- I don't think he's in the WHR. Could be a cool story to tell though.
    Well, Jean got her family there after the Shi'ar Death Commandos gutted them.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    After murdering the Phoenix Corps Vulcan also resides in the Nexus of realities

Isn't that a What If?

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Isn't that a What If?
    The white hot room is the Nexus of all realities there's only one.

I'd like to think that adult Jean accepted adult Scott into the WHR just like she did with her Grey family. This is actually a great premise for a one shot story.

Sure, why not. The Phoenix took his virginity after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    The Phoenix Force of it's own volition sought out the Stepford Cuckoos in Warsong but we know Esme and Sophie aren't going to any special afterlife, they hang out with Banshee, Thunderbird, Moira and the Madrox clones. The White Hot Room is the Phoenix' prison for Jean and Jean alone.
    I can't remeber Warsong, I just remember that Esme and Sophie came back to life, but were they a host of the phoenix? I honestly don't think they were...