Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Nightwing #26 preview

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...est-body-part/

Pretty sneaky game Helena's playing here.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...est-body-part/

Pretty sneaky game Helena's playing here.
    Super excited for this. Looks interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Super excited for this. Looks interesting too.
    Im looking forward to it! I didnt even realise someone died last issue, must have missed that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Im looking forward to it! I didnt even realise someone died last issue, must have missed that.
    Me neither - but I'm not following Nightwing as carefully as I'd like. This arc with Huntress will change that - I love Huntress!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Dick Grayson is such a beefcake. One of the best thing about Grayson series is the absurd amount of shirtless panels. Seeley knows his audience.

I just can't wait for Tony the Tiger. he's in this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Yeah Gizmo died.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I just can't wait for Tony the Tiger. he's in this right?
    Well, I think he's in the next issue, not this one. At least, that's what solicits seem to imply?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Add me to the list of people who totally missed the death last issue.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I think he's in the next issue, not this one. At least, that's what solicits seem to imply?
    He is the best thing to come out of Grayson for me.

Mighty Member

Yeah Giz was shown dead on the last night page. I liked Giz

Wow, Helena feels a little more sinister in this book .

And didn't she resolve her whole "hunting the people behind my family's murder" thing in the first arc of Birds of Prey? Especially after meeting her mother?
    Yeah Giz was shown dead on the last night page. I liked Giz
    I feel like we didn't really get to see enough of him to really feel this loss, or for Dick too for that matter, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And didn't she resolve her whole "hunting the people behind my family's murder" thing in the first arc of Birds of Prey? Especially after meeting her mother?

I feel like we didn't really get to see enough of him to really feel this loss, or for Dick too for that matter, but that's just me.
    I mean, I'm sad because I thought his relationship with Mouse was sweet. But in terms of him as a character, no.

As for Helena...well, there's always been a sense that the Birds of Prey appeal to Helena's better angels - one of the things I LOVE about Simone's run is that she gave Helena more to make her life meaningful than revenge and violence. But when Simone left the book and then it ended, Helena regressed to someone who was willing to take life - and when the Birds reformed, she slowly found meaning again. I feel that without the Birds, she's likely to revert to her own code, which hasn't had as much time to settle in in the Rebirth continuity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm glad she's getting some edge. One of my problems with current BoP is that all 3 girls sound so similar. I liekd Giz's relationship with Mouse and tboughthim helping Dick was nice.

I'm glad she's getting some edge. One of my problems with current BoP is that all 3 girls sound so similar. I liekd Giz's relationship with Mouse and tboughthim helping Dick was nice.
    I do think the Bensons tend to have that TV writer problem of writing for the quip rather than for the character. I like their stuff better than I believe you do, but I will concede that's a weakness.