Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

well finally the tide is turnng now that cap Sam bucky and major are going to hold a council of war. I think it was nice tying up the prediction of CW2 with an importanr lynchpoint in SE namely how the prophecy was averted through a shard of cosmic cube which could be used as a wishing lamp even broken so almost all the prophecies of ulusses have been averted through various means so he doesn't have an each stellar record though of course it would be argued that his predictions have come true to a certain extent even when averted.
    Anyway it seems funny that tony is always the genius trying to Pierce the veil of these cosmic mysteries. What with the incursions pheonix and now the cube it is most appropriate if he does inherit the mantle of sorceror supreme as hinted in infamous iron man. stephen and dagger had akmost no role in their escape with hill ending the problem at the source. Dr strange is getting jobbed to new levels with him seeking solace that at least he want turn homeless.
    Anyway the events see sawed predictably with some unexpected surprises in store for everyone.After the epic search for the shards a inhuman just produces one which seems another meta reference to civil war with an inhuman providing the means to achieve victory not to mention the freed inhumans adding much strength to the ranks.
    The SE also compensated for namors being crapped over in all the previous events not to mention to a large extent even in this arc.the atlantean Monarch has proved that he is really a crafty old war horse who I think used his shard to save bucky before giving it up though it wasn't confirmed. The invaders avengers join forces for the final battle against hyda as each front marshals their forces.
    Steve didn't play a major role in these events as did BP and Emma who were just in the story to further bolster hydras might and as a show of their strength.
    The other Steve sees Sharon and then recognises kobik which leads further credence to the theory that ant man proposed in the beginning about divergent timelines creating divergent versions of the persons caught in the transpiring events and this is a unaltered "original" cap who perhaps has been in vanishing point since the 'wish' that changed the world.Maybe he is the original cap who has been time jumping as shown in cap reborn and has ended up in limbo due to kobiks manipulations.
    Overall a good issue.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 08-09-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I like the first five issues (0-4), then 5,6,7 are kinda dragging.
    Natasha and Champions's storyline felt kinda too long, they can use less pages and give space to other storylines.
    Also Spencer killed off Elisa and never give a damn hint who Kraken might be, they build up these two mysterious figures in Cap books and now refuse to give anythng more.
    SE got things I am interested in and then it alll just fall kinda flat.
    Just quickly referenced Secret Warriors Wheels within Wheels and indeed the Kraken was Daniel Whitehall, Leo, at the Zodiac table. There was more to it than that, not sure if Whitehall was eventually killed by Jake Fury, but in this series issue 1 we see Steve meet the Kraken in 1945, climbing to the mountain cave. That must've been Whitehall then. Steve is eventually greated by a Hickman-like character from that series and his unfinished SHIELD series. I guess we shouldn't be surprised to see Davinci show up. And here's my conceit in this, with so many references, might we get Nick Sr back?
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-09-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Namor apparently had his own plan in play, and going off to help Emma might not work with that.

Plus, to be blunt as far as helping Emma and the mutants I'm not sure he gives a dam. Just as I'm sure Emma didn't lose any sleep over what was going on with Atlantis.

Really unless it's Invisible Woman or one of the Invaders, a super hero in trouble is probably not going to even be a blip on his radar just he just happens to be right there.
    I guess not. Though judging by Cap #25, Namor's "plan" is really just Bucky's plan and he just wanted to make a grand extrance lol
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Another Marvel event where the X-Men are completely ignored. Not even a single panel of Colossus, Storm, OML, Nightcrawler, or Kitty fighting. The rest of the mutants are shipped off to 'New Tian'. Marvel comics are dead. It's just MCU™ lite at this point.
    They're best confined to Guggenheims glorious writing. Can't wait to see Kitty's wedding fidget spinner wedding ring

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed Agree, I have to Give Spencer credit in that with Namor, brought a smile to my face!

I am very pleased about the reveal and Bucky being apart of his reveal as well, Great great delivery by Namor, the Namor situation was also really bothering me as well.

Now I just want to know what happened in Wakanda and Black Panther because he has been boss in holding Stevil Back.
    This is revealed in Captain America #25, I highly recommend reading it because it's the other 50% of this SE#8.

If you want, I can spoil it for you.

There was fighting involved... we just don't get a lot of it in the main book. Events sort of tend to do that. They skim on the fights to keep things moving.

We get a bit more in the Cap book.
    I read Captain America and yet was disappointed.

New Tian and Wakanda were key parts within the story to fall without at least some resistance.Especially Wakanda who was the one to challenge Hydra openly .

And Maria Hill remains what she always was and always will be for better or worse .
    Last edited by Knives; 08-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I read Captain America and yet was disappointed.

New Tian and Wakanda were key parts within the story to fall without at least some resistance.Especially Wakanda who was the one to challenge Hydra openly .
    There was SOME resistance. You can argue Wakanda would have won if not for Faustus.

Astonishing Member

There was SOME resistance. You can argue Wakanda would have won if not for Faustus.
    They would've. Wakanda held up better than anyone else and only lost because T'Challa cares about his troops. That little attack on the Golden City seems like it was more of a cover to sneak in and force T'Challa to surrender, which pretty much confirms Wakanda was going to be either impossible or way too costly to fully control.

Great issue. This issue and Cap #25 really drives home how much I'm going to miss Sam as Captain America.

Ultimate Member

"We'd have won the game if we scored more points."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Another Marvel event where the X-Men are completely ignored. Not even a single panel of Colossus, Storm, OML, Nightcrawler, or Kitty fighting. The rest of the mutants are shipped off to 'New Tian'. Marvel comics are dead. It's just MCU™ lite at this point.
    You should try being a Hulk fan.

He's rarely used in events, and usually if he's somehow included it's in the cliched heroes fight the Hulk scene. At least mutants are alive.

Now I'll give you McCoy, he's been character assassinated in the same way they did Banner to kill him off. Now we've got a 2nd "resurrection" except this time the body is unceremoniously dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    This is revealed in Captain America #25, I highly recommend reading it because it's the other 50% of this SE#8.

If you want, I can spoil it for you.
    Thanks but don't spoil it I got the book today and I'm going to read it has soon as I can but thanks!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

So is this issue and cap 25 implying that it wasn't Mile's good sided nature that prevented him from killing Steve, but a cube fragment? I wonder how that will be received, I personally liked the idea of Miles overcoming this and saying he wouldn't kill him, now that moment feels less weighted and a cop out for what could have been an important moment for Miles.

"We've all been stuck in this hell we built for ourselves. But we're not alone. The best of us always find a way. They put themselves between us and evil,m and they say "no more". They inspire us to do the same. Maybe they'd forgotten how to do that for a while, but it's coming back to them. And that means everything's going to be okay."

I gotta say, I've been loving all of the meta with Carol on this event.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "We'd have won the game if we scored more points."
    It'seems perhaps a futile attempt at looking at the glass as half full, but I nonetheless do think there's some props in Wakanda seemingly getting the better of Hydra in combat.