Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

so what I'm hearing is that the naysayers were wrong and that they should apologize to Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    This is revealed in Captain America #25, I highly recommend reading it because it's the other 50% of this SE#8.

If you want, I can spoil it for you.
    by all means, spoil it (or start a review thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so what I'm hearing is that the naysayers were wrong and that they should apologize to Spencer.
    More like this event was 3 issues too long

The win felt hollow. Wakanda gets taken over after all they went though with just Fastius and Zemo?
    Worse, Cap 25 is basically DLC to SE 8. Showing you the whole story but without it, you feel lost in SE.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It'seems perhaps a futile attempt at looking at the glass as half full, but I nonetheless do think there's some props in Wakanda seemingly getting the better of Hydra in combat.
    Why wouldn't they?

Hydra is an organization with nice toys.

Wakanda is a COUNTRY with better toys and a long history of combating Invaders.

To Hydra, Wakanda should be both David and Goliath

BANNED

Really happy with this issue and in seeing the tide finally start to turn.

The inspiring messaging throughout was laid on a tad thick but given the oppressive nature of the story to date, I'd say it's permitted.

Loved the reveals with Namor and Bucky - even though I knew from Cap #25 to expect them (by the way, that issue is really an essential SE read - more than any other tie-in throughout the event).

The Quasar moment kicked ass, as was Carol's rousing elimination of the Chitauri eggs, Sam's rise from the waters and on the flipside of all the openly heroic moments here, Maria's grim method of taking down the dome over NYC was chilling but well-handled. Loved the full page depiction of the sun finally breaking through the dome over NY. Really nice work by Acuna.

Great stuff all around. Didn't see much of Steve this issue but it was time to see the good guys get a chance to shine after being beaten down for so long.

BANNED

As usual, the naysayers spent a lot of time complaining about a story in progress, instead of waiting for it to play out.

Of course, Spencer had a big win in store for the heroes all along and now that we're getting to the final act, it's all coming together in grand fashion.

Now I'm just curious as to how things will resolve with Steve himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    More like this event was 3 issues too long

The win felt hollow. Wakanda gets taken over after all they went though with just Fastius and Zemo?
    Worse, Cap 25 is basically DLC to SE 8. Showing you the whole story but without it, you feel lost in SE.
    you'd prefer that it only take one attack, for Wakanda to fall? seems to me that it was handled very organically. Steve's forces chipped away at their defenses; using less direct measures (like Doom did).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why wouldn't they?

Hydra is an organization with nice toys.

Wakanda is a COUNTRY with better toys and a long history of combating Invaders.

To Hydra, Wakanda should be both David and Goliath
    was David at war with himself before Goliath attacked? I don't remember that story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I guess not. Though judging by Cap #25, Namor's "plan" is really just Bucky's plan and he just wanted to make a grand extrance lol
    Yes, it's a humorous and very in-character touch that Spencer allows Namor to arrogantly claim it as being all part of his larger game.

BANNED

So any Quasar fans out there help me out: How strong are the Quasar bands? I asked this because recently saw pages of Brave New World where Starbrand took his shot in destroying the forcefield around Earth & failed despite the kid pretty much destroying an entire fleet of Builders during Infinity. Maybe he was holding back on the Forcefield but still it seems like a pretty large power gap if Quasar could break it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So any Quasar fans out there help me out: How strong are the Quasar bands? I asked this because recently saw pages of Brave New World where Starbrand took his shot in destroying the forcefield around Earth & failed despite the kid pretty much destroying an entire fleet of Builders during Infinity. Maybe he was holding back on the Forcefield but still it seems like a pretty large power gap if Quasar could break it.
    That what kinda confused me as well. You had some serious power levels out there like starbrand and blue marvel (who's based off of anti-matter in which one atom can unleash the force of a nuclear bomb) and yet Quasar, who gets taken out by just getting chomped on, has enough power to destroy the bridge? It's kind of confusing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So we are not seeing how Wakanda and New Tian lost their fragments???.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

by all means, spoil it (or start a review thread).
    Spoilers for Captain America #25 on how Wakanda falls:

It turns out that the Wakanda diplomat, Zenzi, was brain washed by Dr. Faustus. She ended up spreading his brain rewriting everywhere in Wakanda.

At a crucial moment, Dr. Faustus and Zemo appear before T'Challa and reveal that a lot of his citizens have been reprogrammed to listen to Faustus and he will have them all shoot themselves in the head if T'Challa does not surrender. So T'Challa surrenders and Wakanda falls.

Ultimate Member

was David at war with himself before Goliath attacked? I don't remember that story.
    I doubt a little internal strife would distract Wakanda soldiers from their favorite past time, killing foreign invaders

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    I want to give a different take on it. The type of forcefield, maybe Quasar just has the type of energy that is meant ti disrupt it.

Kind of like how acid can melt metals... but not certain urethane and plastics.