Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Even if Ock had been telling the truth, someone with reflexes 40 times faster than a human being should have had more than enough time to web Ock up and then catch the car.
    This is really not a valid point as Ock has the same 40 times faster than human reflexes because he is a spiderman clone. They would just shoot webs at each other and keep dodging all day. Peter had no choice but to take Ock at his word about the threat....

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    But plenty of us do.
    Fair enough.

Yes really. Especially that they somehow think that not giving freaking HYDRA more tools to enslave the world with is somehow a bad thing.
    I guess I was specifically thinking about the current iteration of the series in general, not the specific story.

The problem is saying stuff like that and not actually providing examples. Especially when they havent read even a fraction of the things Slott has actually written. Thats also what happens when you only hear it from other people instead of reading it yourself. Eg. Kraven not being dead.
    What's Kraven got to do with anything?

Broken? No despite what some people try to kid themselves the fanbase is not broken. There is a small part of it that insist that they are much bigger then they are.
    It's ten years out and we're still arguing over this. At this point, there's really no compromise in sight. Yes, the fanbase is broken.

BANNED

I hate to start treating sides in an argument like a dick measuring contest, but since Bor is so hell bent on doing so...

...No matter how much the pro-OMD side try to spin things to their futile liking, the fact the marriage is still kicking around in two ongoing continuities (one of which sometimes outsells Miles and Spider-Gwen) as well as the majority of fan polls on this forum constantly being in our favour about restoring it or undoing OMD, shows the classic Spider-Man fans have got plenty of juice left in the tank.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-10-2017 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair enough.

I guess I was specifically thinking about the current iteration of the series in general, not the specific story.

The topic here was this storyline.

What's Kraven got to do with anything?

I used that as an example of where some posters here had a certain idea of Kraven that was wrong. And agin you did not provide an actual example for what you claim is in Slotts run.

It's ten years out and we're still arguing over this. At this point, there's really no compromise in sight. Yes, the fanbase is broken.
    Its been ten years and a small fraction is still yelling that there are more of them then there are. That is not the same as being broken. Its a small fanbase of stubborn fans that feels the character should only be one thing and that they should decide what that is despite no evidence that they represent the majority at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I hate to start treating sides in an argument like a dick measuring contest, but since Bor is so hell bent on doing so...

...No matter how much the pro-OMD side try to spin things to their futile liking, the fact the marriage is still kicking around in two ongoing continuities (one of which sometimes outsells Miles and Spider-Gwen) as well as the majority of fan polls on this forum constantly being in our favour about restoring it or undoing OMD, shows the classic Spider-Man fans have got plenty of juice left in the tank.
    Its funny you say that because it seems quite cler that the only ones trying to measure anything are those who despite ten year and in the face common logic stil maintains that they somehow represent a vast majority.
    And although I have said it plenty of times here I will say it again: I am not "pro-OMD". I am pro stories that I enjoy. The anti-OMD crowd who consistenly fails to see the difference between those two things need a reality check. The vast majority are not those that are either massively against OMD or massively for it. The vast majority of people are those of us who fit somewhere in the middle. I have nothing against the marrige but I enjoyed stories set before it happened and I have enjoyed the stories set after it was removed. If the group of "marrige only" people really were as big as they think they are sales would have changed much more then they have.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So taking this all in (I'm just ignoring anything vaguely Secret Empire related so I've been skipping ASM) but Peter really couldn't have stopped Otto? I'll probably backtrack on all of this later today but is Otto really that powerful that Peter couldn't stop one guy? One guy he also knows he can fight and knows his skills considering that plot in Superior Team-up where he went through all of Otto's memories up until the change back at the end of Superior Spider-man. I guess this is what happens when you skip things but I'm genuinely curious how Peter can't handle Otto especially in light of everything that occurred up until now.

I'll find out later though.
    Otto knows everything about Peter as well. Honestly, both characters were horribly underwritten. All to please the "true" Spider-Man fans who want Pathetic/Basic Parker back.

Sigh. Dan Slott, just give up on this book, and write a far more interesting SpOck book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Otto knows everything about Peter as well. Honestly, both characters were horribly underwritten. All to please the "true" Spider-Man fans who want Pathetic/Basic Parker back
    I don't want pathetic 2008-2013 Parker back, but I do want a back to basics everyman approach.

And please don't bring up what does or does not define a ''true fan''
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-10-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Sigh. Dan Slott, just give up on this book, and write a far more interesting SpOck book.
    This should've been what happened after Superior in my opinion .

Fantastic Member

Im sick of bum ass Pete man. He's a grown ass man, build the legacy of the character by doing the growing phase with Miles. Pete NEEDS to be RYW version at this point, as EVERYONE around him has evolved as characters SMFH.. Let down by this honestly.

Well, I'm also glad that the era of "Peter Starker" is finally, mercifully over. It was only a matter of time, as Parker Industries was "built to fail" from the get go. So for me, the real question was how it ended in terms of being a story. Well, other than some banter between Peter and Otto, some great art, it still felt mostly underwhelming. And a bit too easy.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man vol. 4 #31
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, now we partly know why Parker goes from being CEO to back to the Daily Bugle. One big question here is what happens to the Baxter Building. As for P.I.'s data, I won't be surprised if there's a partial back-up Slott's not telling us that will show up later.
    Yeah, I couldn't believe Peter didn't create a back-up of all the PI files, either. He knew Doc Ock was coming, and even told Philip Chang they should prepare themselves to destroy all the company files and research should they have no choice. So he anticipated what would happen. And yet, they had enough time to create what amounted to a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver to disable Doc Ock's arms, but not enough time to create a better Zip drive?
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't believe Peter didn't create a back-up of all the PI files, either. He knew Doc Ock was coming, and even told Philip Chang they should prepare themselves to destroy all the company files and research should they have no choice. So he anticipated what would happen. And yet, they had enough time to create what amounted to a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver to disable Doc Ock's arms, but not enough time to create a better Zip drive?
    Why would not Doc Ock just find the backup and hack it?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Why would not Doc Ock just find the backup and hack it?
    In fairness, the previous issue did have Peter tell Chang to destroy the backup files, too, presumably for that reason. Even so, it's as if Peter, given the resources at his disposable, couldn't have come up with a better one of these:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, I'm also glad that the era of "Peter Starker" is finally, mercifully over. It was only a matter of time, as Parker Industries was "built to fail" from the get go. So for me, the real question was how it ended in terms of being a story. Well, other than some banter between Peter and Otto, some great art, it still felt mostly underwhelming. And a bit too easy.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man vol. 4 #31
    The ''easy' part, or the ''simple approach'' often frustrates me in writing, but the worst thing is I feel worn out on how many outs we've actually had for Parker Industries. Volume Three, Clone Conspiracy, hell even Osborn Identity. Every one of them felt like it would be ''it'', and suddenly we get it here? Something that didn't quite have that much hype about it and that we thought would be a filler tie in for Secret Empire? Maybe Marvel thought tying in PI's fate with it's ''last'' major event in a while was a better fit than say something with Pete and Osborn...but at the same time, I get that it really had to come down to Pete and Ock over the company.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Otto knows everything about Peter as well. Honestly, both characters were horribly underwritten. All to please the "true" Spider-Man fans who want Pathetic/Basic Parker back.

Yeah, I've supported Slott staying on ASM for quite a while, but for me, this was the final straw. Slott has no clue what he is doing.