Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, but it was followed up with Beerus' own darkest scene -- eating a ball coated in poop.

*blech*
    Why.

To clarify I don't mean "why would he do that".

I mean, why would the person who writes this show choose to write such a thing, the animators to animate it, the production company to sign off on it, and networks to air it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Why.

To clarify I don't mean "why would he do that".

I mean, why would the person who writes this show choose to write such a thing, the animators to animate it, the production company to sign off on it, and networks to air it.
    It's a gag episode.

A professor wins a science competition by creating a machine that create anything. Said machine looks like a pot with tiny arms and legs and has a face.

He demonstrates the machine by creating a pile of poop.

Things happen and they need to call Beerus to save the day. They summon him by having the machine create the most delicious treat in the universe.

It works, Beerus shows up and one shots all the problems because they're annoying and eats the treat. But nobody cleaned the machine after the pile of poop had been removed, so Beerus gets sick and flies home.

DBS gag episodes are very hit or miss.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean the whole episode was an homage to Dr. Slump, so what can you do. To be clear, it's not like Beerus picks up an actual pile of shit and eats it. He just gets sick and we're coyly informed of why.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean the whole episode was an homage to Dr. Slump, so what can you do. To be clear, it's not like Beerus picks up an actual pile of shit and eats it. He just gets sick and we're coyly informed of why.
    What a shitty episode.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's a gag episode.

A professor wins a science competition by creating a machine that create anything. Said machine looks like a pot with tiny arms and legs and has a face.

Things happen and they need to call Beerus to save the day. They summon him by having the machine create the most delicious treat in the universe.

It works, Beerus shows up and one shots all the problems because they're annoying and eats the treat. But nobody cleaned the machine after the pile of poop had been removed, so Beerus gets sick and flies home.

I can definitely see why that's a gag episode.

If anything's likely to make you gag, it's that.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    It worked on an intangible ghost, I figure it bypasses durability.
    I figure, if it's questionable, it might be less about the durability and more with the curse placed by Death. But that curse has since been lifted, too.

It'd be interesting then, in that it would be Beerus vs. Death, with Thanos as the battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's a gag episode.

That one was a great one, imo, because it actually addressed "can DBZ characters beat a toonforcer who can casually throw planets around" and the answer was "Vegeta hates toonforcers and won't fight them because he thinks its nonsensical, Goku enjoys it and is close to even with that level in output but can't actually hurt them, and Beerus will kill them because he's sufficiently above them in power." It was basically a VS. thread animated.

Also, Arale's favorite toy is literally a poop stick, and Dr. Slump is flled to the brim with poop jokes, so that was pretty much par for the course.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I never liked Dr.Slump, so I did not like the "gag" episode either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral